• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re: Asomugha - I love to say I told ya so

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Does make sense.

He knows California and the Bay Area and if you just had a terrible experience like he did in Philly it's only natural to want to come "home" and have a fresh start. Not to mention the 9ers are a bonafide SB contender unlike two years ago when they thought we could be a suck for Luck team.

And on the 9ers end he'll come far cheaper than last year and fits as a bigger CB that the 9ers are looking to add.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an OL coach as the DC.

This is the biggest factor in all of the the players on Philly's D underachieving and why I wanted the niners to sign Cullen Jenkins and why I think they should sign Nnamdi.

If the niners can sign Nnamdi for 2 years for $8-10 mil, I think it'd be a steal. My main CB target is still Sean Smith, but it looks like he's seeking $10 mil a year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm actualy now hoping the Niners DO sign Nnamdi to a 1 year deal. That seems like the best option out there in FA. I could live with 2 years, but I'd prefer 1.

Why would DRC settle for 1 year contract? That's weird to me.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actualy now hoping the Niners DO sign Nnamdi to a 1 year deal. That seems like the best option out there in FA. I could live with 2 years, but I'd prefer 1.

I think that I would be cool with a 3yr/15 mil deal for him. I still think he is an above average CB that we could really use on the outside. Revis in his prime he is not, but he is a great cover CB still. The Eagles D was a clusterfuck of stupidity. Nobody on that D played well...reminded me of the Hostler/Raye offenses.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Always liked Nnamdi as a product out of CAL. Cashed out and maybe lost motivation. Product of a horrible defensive scheme and poor results after "dream team" expectations. That entire team including Reid didnt give a shit. I honestly think Nnamdi will sign. House in LA..Coming back to the bay with a rejuvinated attitude for a superbowl caliber squad. Cant ask for more if your Nnamdi. Hes not going to command anywhere near top dollar and would be great IMO for in a two year deal. Hes aging but as sickness said hes prob the best option since Smith wants too much money. DRC would have been ideal but that is not an option this year. 49ers need to make this happen.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest factor in all of the the players on Philly's D underachieving and why I wanted the niners to sign Cullen Jenkins and why I think they should sign Nnamdi.

If the niners can sign Nnamdi for 2 years for $8-10 mil, I think it'd be a steal. My main CB target is still Sean Smith, but it looks like he's seeking $10 mil a year.

I hear you - I'm reading some of the posts on here about Nnamdi being overrated and all that and I'm thinking to myself what games were those people watching? :laugh3:

I understand people here are long time fans of the 49ers, but to top that, I grew up here and I also attended Cal so I know my man Nnamdi and what he's capable of doing. I remember a few of the regs writing "lol's" when the Raiders drafted him but guess who the fools were after his stint with the Raiders? Sure, he didn't have a great 2 years with the Eagles and he's hitting 32 years of age, but he wouldn't be a bad investment for 1 year. My thinking is he's looking for a 2 year deal for some security. Hopefully, coming back home and returning to his old community would do wonders for him in the twilight of his career.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nnamdi is't "overrated" any more. He was overrated when he signed that monster contract. As in he wasn't actually worth the kind of money the NFL thought he was (see the title of this thread).

Now he's just 31 going on 32 in July.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nnamdi is't "overrated" any more. He was overrated when he signed that monster contract. As in he wasn't actually worth the kind of money the NFL thought he was (see the title of this thread).

Now he's just 31 going on 32 in July.

I hear you - he was overpaid and many of us knew he wouldn't come here despite the Niners interest in him. It didn't turn out well for him in Philly, although there were obvious reasons as to why that happened. That being said, he's out of that mess and gets a chance to redeem himself somewhere else, whether it be here or with another franchise.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

To repair his value since the Eagles incompetent defense diminished it and to hope the FA market next season isn't as strong as it is this season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Asomugha does intrigue me from the standpoint that coming to the 9ers will be by far the best situation he's been in his entire career.

So does make me wonder if he can bounce back and be a Charles Woodson and string together a few more quality years with a new team.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big daddy Adam Scheft said the 49ers are in the drivers seat for him

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000407.jpg

Video: Nnamdi Asomugha Makes Bizarre Appearance on Kroll Show

This doesn't mean I don't want him btw- just thought it was kinda funny.