• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rd 1 Draft Talk Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful.

LT for a decade.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles were ready to take OT Tytus Howard at 25 (as I wrote about last night), but once they saw that Dillard was still in their sights (a better and more ready prospect at LT) ... they made the move to get right in front of the Texans who would have taken Dillard.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very athletic LT

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at NFL.com 6 mock drafts from their 6 draft guys and 3 had our new LT as a top 10 pick. Didn’t see it coming. Hopefully he’s a star!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to have 2 picks in Rd 2 ... I think we can go right back to OL with a player like OC/OG Elgton Jenkins from Miss State; another guy who can serve the same purpose as Garrett Bradbury in that he can start at Guard and eventually shift to Center ... very good prospect. Guys like Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner are still available as well, but they will be swept up early in the round. I think Safety and WR are two other positions we will look at ... Rd 2 is where the value lies with both positions. DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella, Mecole Hardman, Terry McLauren, JJ Arciega-Whiteside, Deebo Samuel ... all available (we can probably trade back into Rd 3 with one of the picks and still snag a good WR. At Safety I love 3 guys, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Nasir Adderley and Juan Thornhill. Running Back we can leave till Rd 4 unless they "love" someone at their spot. Looking forward to this upcoming Round!!

Last edited:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this! We did say let’s get our new LT this year so he can have a year learning behind the great one.

What a great move from Howie. We saw the guy slipping and got ourselves ahead of the team we knew would take him.

Shifting Mailata possibly to G is going to make a damn beefy O-line for the future. Let’s call it what it is....we have a franchise QB who is human and knows how to get injured. Protection for the future is key.

I’m good with another Olineman in R2. Probably a S too. RB and WR we can get later, though I wouldn’t be upset if one of the R2’s is a WR as well. Great start!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was considered the best pass blocking LT in the draft and fits a big need, so I can't complain I guess. I worry he lacks the nastiness to be a good NFL tackle though. We will have to see how he develops.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in the enviable position of having a good roster with no gaping holes. They can literally take the BPA with every choice. That said i'm thinking they're looking to the future and will be drafting to replace guys like Graham, Jenkins, Kelce as well. We all know who they've visited with so it'll be interesting to see who they pull and how they might move around the board.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compare Dillard to another Tra Thomas. A finesse tackle, and that's great. Lane is our Runyan (only better), and Dillard a Tra. If he turns out to be as good as Tra, that's a good thing.

Tonight, I'm hoping for one of the best WRs, and a Safety. I agree with Orlando - Mailata can play LG going forward.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight, I hope to come away with Chauncey the Gardner - S;

and the best WR on the board. Tomorrow, get the best available RB - Henderson, or Armstead.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my write up on Dillard from 3 months ago

Andre Dillard Washington State

** I think Dillard is the best pure LT in the draft with respect to pass protecting. Great feet, shuffles well, uses his arms to perfection in regards to keeping the Ends away from his body or rerouting them away from the QB. Allowed only 1 Sack in 2018 which is extremely impressive considering how much Washington State threw. Hard to say weather his run blocking is as good as his pass pro because Washington State passes so much, but I would feel confident in Dillard keeping Wentz clean much more than I would trust Big V. Not really sure why the Draft-Nik community isn't giving him more love especially with the lack of Day 1 or Day 2 Blindside guys in this draft.

Who got the one sack against him and can we draft that guy???? :D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's skinny in the legs so a year of professional conditioning will be great for him. Then we are set until at least 2030!

We've been blessed to have bookend tackles this entire millennium.

A center here in the 2nd, Jenkins or McCoy, would really sure up the future of the line.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Rd 2. We go WR with our first selection then we turn around and make two trades. The first trade will be trading back the 2nd of our two 2nd rounders for a 4th rounder (which we gave up in the trade-up for Dillard). The other will be to trade Agholor for a 5th or 6th rounder ... the benefit will be two-fold, we gain another pick and we open up yet more Cap Space to give Wentz his contract early which will ultimately save us money in later years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Rd 2. We go WR with our first selection then we turn around and make two trades. The first trade will be trading back the 2nd of our two 2nd rounders for a 4th rounder (which we gave up in the trade-up for Dillard). The other will be to trade Agholor for a 5th or 6th rounder ... the benefit will be two-fold, we gain another pick and we open up yet more Cap Space to give Wentz his contract early which will ultimately save us money in later years.
Trading down and grabbing an early 4th would be great. That could be Henderson territory.

The 4th we traded was the last pick in the round.

Any thoughts we trade up again to target someone we really want? Perhaps a safety like Thornhill or Adderley. Or if AJ Brown slides any further.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still giddy, biggest need was finding that replacement OT.
You walk away in the first round picking in the mid 20's taken the best OT in this draft.

Crazy!

Thank you defensive starved teams!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading down and grabbing an early 4th would be great. That could be Henderson territory.

The 4th we traded was the last pick in the round.

Any thoughts we trade up again to target someone we really want? Perhaps a safety like Thornhill or Adderley. Or if AJ Brown slides any further.

I don't see us trading up again. We are running low on picks yet need to add youth at several positions. WR is plentiful ... as much as I love AJ Brown there should be a good WR drop right into our laps; there's just too much supply of them for it not to happen. Safety is certainly a possibility if we choose to just stay put for that 2nd pick. A few good ones who are well worth a spot in the 2nd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe trading Aggy could get more than a 5th. I think he has a lot of value, and could get us a 3rd or 4th at worst.

Again, if we come out of this draft with Chauncey, and a fast, reliable WR, I'm thrilled. It would be great if we can get a Center, but Seumalo can be good, if they leave him there. He could take over for Kelce next year, and our O-Line could be:
DILLARD - PRYOR - SEUMALO - BROOKS - JOHNSON. Pretty awesome if you ask me. That's next year.