• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's passed on to take Jones in '15 Draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we seem to have this discussion a lot and my position is unchanged. If Dean is simply going back and listing the guys who turned out better, well that's nonsense. I hate revisionist history, you can do that to every GM with many of his picks.

But if Dean was critical of the Jones pick at the time it was made, and caught crap because of his position at the time, well in my opinion he has every right to come back a year and a half later to point this out. Stop crying just because you happen to not like his posting style. If he was right about Jones from the very beginning, and I have not idea if this is the case, then he has every right to remind you guys of this.

That is the whole point. I got trashed for voicing my opinion about Jones a year in a half ago. The pick was such a shock that is why I listed those three RB's.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he wasn't abused for his stance. I don't remember any of us jumping for joy over the pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we seem to have this discussion a lot and my position is unchanged. If Dean is simply going back and listing the guys who turned out better, well that's nonsense. I hate revisionist history, you can do that to every GM with many of his picks.

But if Dean was critical of the Jones pick at the time it was made, and caught crap because of his position at the time, well in my opinion he has every right to come back a year and a half later to point this out. Stop crying just because you happen to not like his posting style. If he was right about Jones from the very beginning, and I have not idea if this is the case, then he has every right to remind you guys of this.
He may have. Big fucking deal. What does he want? A medal? We could all go back and point out projections we made that turned out to be correct as well as posts that turned out to be wrong. But Dean's incessant need for validation has worn many weary. He would have a hell of a lot of credibility if he also admitted when he was wrong (Murphy, Moses, etc), don't you think?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their is nothing to go after. In this case I was right. lol

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have. Big fucking deal. What does he want? A medal? We could all go back and point out projections we made that turned out to be correct as well as posts that turned out to be wrong. But Dean's incessant need for validation has worn many weary. He would have a hell of a lot of credibility if he also admitted when he was wrong (Murphy, Moses, etc), don't you think?

I agree with Dave, its about braggin rights and it should be done more in good natured fun than anything else. I can see your point as well though. Back on KFFL there was a poster on the Skins forum, skinswin!, and he took things to a very annoying and confrontational level, but the kicker was. Homey put a percentage on his shit. A right 90% of the the percentage to be exact. He was good for the board in ojne sense becausze he sparked many a conversation and a good share of arguments. As well as posters who were fans of other teams dropping by etc. In the end though he just got to be too grating and too taxing to deal with.It got to the point, well, at least imo, where it seemed that he'd rather be right even if it meant the Redskins were fuckin up again, than be wrong if it meant the Redskin were comin up.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't seek approval. We could of had David Johnson right now. Doesn't that bother you?
We could have had every HOF'er out there if we could see into the future. Would u like to go the Dallas route and draft players who are pending prison or long term rehabilitation? If Jones could stop fumbling once a game he could be a solid back.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dave, its about braggin rights and it should be done more in good natured fun than anything else. I can see your point as well though. Back on KFFL there was a poster on the Skins forum, skinswin!, and he took things to a very annoying and confrontational level, but the kicker was. Homey put a percentage on his shit. A right 90% of the the percentage to be exact. He was good for the board in ojne sense becausze he sparked many a conversation and a good share of arguments. As well as posters who were fans of other teams dropping by etc. In the end though he just got to be too grating and too taxing to deal with.It got to the point, well, at least imo, where it seemed that he'd rather be right even if it meant the Redskins were fuckin up again, than be wrong if it meant the Redskin were comin up.

What he said. Dean is in no way close to that pindick Skinswin!. But as j_y pointed out he has been reluctant to admit when he may have been wrong. Still this is a board for sharing opinions and I have no problem with a poster coming back years later to validate his take. God help you all if Leanard Williams turns into Reggie White, I will become insufferable. .:)

The only time I had a problem with Dean was when he openly cheered when Griffin got hurt. Now THAT was out of line, this is not IMO.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said. Dean is in no way close to that pindick Skinswin!. But as j_y pointed out he has been reluctant to admit when he may have been wrong. Still this is a board for sharing opinions and I have no problem with a poster coming back years later to validate his take. God help you all if Leonard Williams turns into Reggie White, I will become insufferable. .:)

The only time I had a problem with Dean was when he openly cheered when Griffin got hurt. Now THAT was out of line, this is not IMO.

I laughed.

Yeah, cheering for injuries or if/when a player gets injured is some bullshit. Back to runnin one's mouth if an opinion they have turns out to come true. Not everyone engages in it to the same extent, but a considerable amount of fun can come from telling other peeps, "I told you so." That's what the internet was made for right.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you so is fine, but Dean fails to realize nobody liked the Jones pick. We all questioned it...most hoped it would workout because of Jones' speed/size combo with good hands.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you so is fine, but Dean fails to realize nobody liked the Jones pick. We all questioned it...most hoped it would workout because of Jones' speed/size combo with good hands.

bullshit. A lot of people like the pick. I cant remember who were the ones.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not do that keep past threads in past