• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB's passed on to take Jones in '15 Draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we did trade down to the end of the third round and picked up a 4th to take Kojo. But here are the backs in then 3rd round that we could of had if we didn't do the trade.

Tevin Coleman
Duke Johnson
DAVID JOHNSON

Now I got some major flak from most of you from this board when I said I didn't like the pick and Jones was taken too high. A lot of you said that SM could do no wrong and b/c he made the pick no other opinions mattered. Now not even two seasons later fans are bashing Jones and very well should be.

Can you imagine David Johnson on our team!!! Talk about offensive powerhouse. Apparently SM had the same draft grade on Jones then the other three backs in that round. I remember seeing 4th and 5th round grades on Jones at the time.

Luckily the 2017 draft is loaded with Rb's. If he passes on a Rb again then there is something wrong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you are a great monday morning QB. Imagine. It appears that SM made a pick that might not work out. Lets fire him and bring back Cerrato. OR maybe just give Dean the job.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football or whatever it is that peeps follow to know a lot about the draft. So I don't know who wanted who far as that goes. I do recall the "In Scott We Trust" almost total and blind devotion to any move Scotty Mac made. I'm glad that's subsiding a little bit.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you are a great monday morning QB. Imagine. It appears that SM made a pick that might not work out. Lets fire him and bring back Cerrato. OR maybe just give Dean the job.

Monday morning QB? How? When I stated at draft time that he was taken way too high? Where are the posters telling me im wrong at draft time about this guy?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday morning QB? How? When I stated at draft time that he was taken way too high? Where are the posters telling me im wrong at draft time about this guy?
Who was telling you that you were wrong? More likely, they were telling you to settle down and you took it like you usually do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was telling you that you were wrong? More likely, they were telling you to settle down and you took it like you usually do.

A lot of people. Saying I don't know what I am talking about. The front office guys know more than me. When I called the pick a reach, I heard it on this board. You don't remember that?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people. Saying I don't know what I am talking about. The front office guys know more than me. When I called the pick a reach, I heard it on this board. You don't remember that?
Dean, you cry so much about so many things, no I don't remember this one. I have never seen anyone need to be validated as much as you. If I tell you that I think you know more that the front office, will that satisfy you and will you stop seeking approval so much?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you cry so much about so many things, no I don't remember this one. I have never seen anyone need to be validated as much as you. If I tell you that I think you know more that the front office, will that satisfy you and will you stop seeking approval so much?

I don't seek approval. We could of had David Johnson right now. Doesn't that bother you?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everybody was questioning the pick because we all read the same articles.

I imagine what really happened is what always happens. Everybody else gets over it much quicker and realizes the talking heads aren't actually scouts. We question, move on, and wait for proof. Dean...you scream, cry, complain, and all together bitch about it...then when you are wrong, you continually make excuses as to why a guy succeeds.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't seek approval. We could of had David Johnson right now. Doesn't that bother you?
No, Dean. It doesn't. What bothers me is violent crime. Unnecessary deaths. Hunger. Poverty. The Kardashians. The fact that we missed out on a hot RB (for now) is way down on the list.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Dean. It doesn't. What bothers me is violent crime. Unnecessary deaths. Hunger. Poverty. The Kardashians. The fact that we missed out on a hot RB (for now) is way down on the list.

This is a Redskins board no need to bring other factors in the discussion.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, does passing up on Tom Brady keep you up at night?

We could have had David Johnson at the 5 pick of the 3rd round...but he was drafted 17 spots after that...after Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson...both of which were higher ranked than David Johnson apparently...so we would likely have one of them.

Matt Jones has more rushing yards and a higher average than Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon (2nd round), Ameer Abdullah (2nd round), Todd Gurley (1st round), and Duke Johnson (.2 ahead in average). He is only one yard behind Melvin Gordon but Gordon is way behind on average.

If we had stayed put, we likely wouldn't have taken a RB at all.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, does passing up on Tom Brady keep you up at night?

We could have had David Johnson at the 5 pick of the 3rd round...but he was drafted 17 spots after that...after Tevin Coleman and Duke Johnson...both of which were higher ranked than David Johnson apparently...so we would likely have one of them.

Matt Jones has more rushing yards and a higher average than Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon (2nd round), Ameer Abdullah (2nd round), Todd Gurley (1st round), and Duke Johnson (.2 ahead in average). He is only one yard behind Melvin Gordon but Gordon is way behind on average.

If we had stayed put, we likely wouldn't have taken a RB at all.

Not the same thing about the Brady comment.

We traded down to the end of the 3rd round and all the backs that I mentioned were taken.

A lot of those guys you mentioned were hurt. You don't know that for sure that we would of passed on a RB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same thing about the Brady comment.

We traded down to the end of the 3rd round and all the backs that I mentioned were taken.

A lot of those guys you mentioned were hurt. You don't know that for sure that we would of passed on a RB.

See...excuses. Their being hurt doesn't hurt their average.

I know where we traded to. David Johnson wasn't available there. We typically go BPA, so it is safe to assume we wouldn't have gone RB, and definitely not David Johnson.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...excuses. Their being hurt doesn't hurt their average.

I know where we traded to. David Johnson wasn't available there. We typically go BPA, so it is safe to assume we wouldn't have gone RB, and definitely not David Johnson.

If we stayed pat in the 3rd round David Johnson was BPA on "The Dean" board.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we seem to have this discussion a lot and my position is unchanged. If Dean is simply going back and listing the guys who turned out better, well that's nonsense. I hate revisionist history, you can do that to every GM with many of his picks.

But if Dean was critical of the Jones pick at the time it was made, and caught crap because of his position at the time, well in my opinion he has every right to come back a year and a half later to point this out. Stop crying just because you happen to not like his posting style. If he was right about Jones from the very beginning, and I have not idea if this is the case, then he has every right to remind you guys of this.

Last edited: