• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB jersey sales

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darren Rovell:

More jerseys were sold of Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice and Frank Gore than of Adrian Peterson this year.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Rovell:

More jerseys were sold of Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice and Frank Gore than of Adrian Peterson this year.

Everyone that wanted an AP jersey probably had it already. He is by far the best RB in the league.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darren Rovell:

49ers QB Colin Kaepernick was #13th best-selling jersey on @officialnflshop in December. Just missed finishing season in top 25.

The fact that he even approached the top 25 is amazing to me. And I fully understand the runs on player jerseys once they are thrown into the spotlight on good teams, but wow!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Rovell:

49ers QB Colin Kaepernick was #13th best-selling jersey on @officialnflshop in December. Just missed finishing season in top 25.

The fact that he even approached the top 25 is amazing to me. And I fully understand the runs on player jerseys once they are thrown into the spotlight on good teams, but wow!

I wholeheartedly share this sentiment - Wow indeed!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wholeheartedly share this sentiment - Wow indeed!

Now that I think about it, a logical explanation could be that he's a QB, a new QB for that matter, on a winning team. My guess is that it's an offensive loaded list?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, a logical explanation could be that he's a QB, a new QB for that matter, on a winning team. My guess is that it's an offensive loaded list?

That would bring some sense to the statistic. He has no endorsements, local or national and Turlock is hardly a sprawling metropolis; and, considering both offense & defense I can think of a lot more than 24 players that should be more popular the Kap - sooo???

If that is a full list and he is 25th overall - I might have to see your "Wow" and raise you one "Holy Shit!"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These were the top jersey sales from April 1st, 2012 - July 31, 2012:

1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
2. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
3. Tim Tebow, New York Jets
4. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
5. Eli Manning, New York Giants
6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
7. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
9. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
10. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
11. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
12. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
13. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
14. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
15. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
16. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens
17. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
18. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
19. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
20. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
21. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
22. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
23. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
24. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
25. Von Miller, Denver Broncos

So I think that confirms it helps to be an offensive player, specifically QB. Maybe it shouldn't surprise me now, but it still surprises me some that he had enough of a surge to approach the top 25.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's an even better list. This is from April 1st - November 27th, 2012. My post above said Kaepernick had the 13th best selling jersey in the month of December. I'd be curious to see who had the largest jumps from the month of November to December? I would have to believe that Kaepernick would be near the top of that list. Anyways........

1. Robert Griffin III
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Eli Manning
5. Tom Brady
6. Andrew Luck
7. Victor Cruz
8. Tim Tebow (Jets)
9. Troy Polamalu
10. Patrick Willis
11. Rob Gronkowski
12. Drew Brees
13. Clay Matthews
14. Cam Newton
15. Ray Lewis
16. DeMarcus Ware
17. J.J. Watt
18. Marshawn Lynch
19. Brian Urlacher
20. Tony Romo
21. Jason Witten
22. Calvin Johnson
23. Frank Gore
24. Jason Pierre-Paul
25. Ray Rice

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious to know a couple more things.....

1) What kind of numbers are we talking about? I have no sense of what the number 1 versus number 15 means in terms of unit sales.

2) How many counterfeit jerseys are sold and does that list break down the same way? The league has to have an estimate of counterfeits but I doubt anyone knows what specific jerseys are targeted most. I can tell you for a fact I saw Favre "Viking" jerseys in Shanghai BEFORE he signed with team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious to know a couple more things.....

1) What kind of numbers are we talking about? I have no sense of what the number 1 versus number 15 means in terms of unit sales.

2) How many counterfeit jerseys are sold and does that list break down the same way? The league has to have an estimate of counterfeits but I doubt anyone knows what specific jerseys are targeted most. I can tell you for a fact I saw Favre "Viking" jerseys in Shanghai BEFORE he signed with team.

I don't know the numbers, but I have to believe the NFL would not be including knock-offs. I'm sure these are sanctioned sales from one or many sanctioned outlets.

Knock-offs would be in addition to whatever these numbers would be - The knock-off you saw in China, for example, would not be included in these sales figures I would have to think???

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know the numbers, but I have to believe the NFL would not be including knock-offs. I'm sure these are sanctioned sales from one or many sanctioned outlets.

Knock-offs would be in addition to whatever these numbers would be - The knock-off you saw in China, for example, would not be included in these sales figures I would have to think???

That would be my guess as well and would feel pretty confident in guessing that.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry if I was confusing in my response. I'm sick and medicated right now. I was not suggesting the list Pozz produced included knock offs. What I am curious about is how big the counterfeit problem is for the NFL and whether certain players are counterfeited more than others. For example, maybe the top 10 players are counterfeited ten times more than the next 30.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I was confusing in my response. I'm sick and medicated right now. I was not suggesting the list Pozz produced included knock offs. What I am curious about is how big the counterfeit problem is for the NFL and whether certain players are counterfeited more than others. For example, maybe the top 10 players are counterfeited ten times more than the next 30.

Well 1/2 of that sounds good ;)

No, and I knew weren't implying that - But I would say the counterfitters pay very close attention to the sanctioned sales and what ever is hot - they print; or, to your point they pay attention to the 'mill' and when they sense a trade they print. China especially can do this (print on rumors) very cheaply.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just ran into this and didn't want to make a new thread for it again:

Fanatics.com:

49ers Colin Kaepernick’s jersey 3rd-highest seller among NFL players in Jan. 1. Ray Lewis. 2. Peyton Manning.

Eric Branch:

More on January jersey sales: 3. Colin Kaepernick, 4. Russell Wilson, 5. RG III, 6. Tom Brady. #49ers

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah. Kaepernick has already paid for his salary next year and more.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm a proud owner of a Kaepernick jersey so I helped with those sales :D

I was on the fence between getting a Willis or CK jersey but I figured if Kap is the franchise QB then that jersey will be good for 10 years.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that wanted an AP jersey probably had it already. He is by far the best RB in the league.

So true, a spike in jersey sales for Lynch and Gore probably just signal all of the bandwagon fans both teams added with their success. Not really sure why Ray Rice's would jump, maybe the Baltimore fans wanted to get one before it was too late.