• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rays at Mariners: May 12th - May 14th

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodney's era was under 2.50 coming into tonight's game, and he led the league in saves

blaming him for tonight's loss is childish. congrats for joining the ranks of retards like wazzu and polarvortex, though. i've learned my lesson.

kuma deserved better for sure, but he's used to it by now. so is felix.

it was a lot of fun watching the a's tonight. they make everything look so easy. nice seeing the mets bludgeon the yanks too.

no, blaming him for tonight's loss is realistic.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms just ruins it all, seriously.

lol

i have a friend from california who lives in seattle. he's an angels fan, and uses extra innings to watch their games, but when they play the m's, he has to watch it on root. it's fun hearing him talk about simms and (M)angie Mentink. not positive, obviously.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the offense deserves most of the blame. O-10 with RISP usually won't get it done. As for Rodney, he was 12/13 in save chances before today with the one blown save coming on a Miller error. He didn't have it today but let's not jump of a bridge and say he should be replaced. Who is exactly in the bullpen gives you more confidence in the 9th inning.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped watching the game in the 7th since I had plans, so I didn't get to see the ending. Saw that Rodney blew the save which is unfortunate, but the Mariners anemic offense needs to do better than just 1 run when your starting pitcher throws a 4 hit shutout over 8 innings.

As far as Rodney goes, this is what you get from him. Rodney can be a rollercoaster and he will occasionally blow saves. Coming into the game he had a 2.30 ERA and was 11/12 in save opportunities. He has been frustrating at times this year, but has got the job done at an efficient level.

The Mariners next best option is Danny Farquhar. At this point I don't see that Farquhar is a significant upgrade from Rodney, so I don't see the purpose in switching things up unless it is completely necessary.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of people to blame here I myself blame the offense it is unacceptable to go 9 innings and only score 1 run, but at the same time as a closer you have 1 job....and thats to close the game and get those 3 outs and be clutch. In football if your kick is at the 40 yard line down 1 point and he has a chance to win the game then he kicks the ball and it sails right you have to blame the kicker.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodney's era was under 2.50 coming into tonight's game, and he led the league in saves

blaming him for tonight's loss is childish. congrats for joining the ranks of retards like wazzu and polarvortex, though. i've learned my lesson.

it was a lot of fun watching the a's tonight. they make everything look so easy. nice seeing the mets bludgeon the yanks too.

LOL@Cezera.
"I don't watch the games anymore but I hang out on the Mariner message board all day so I can bitch about them."

th

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also enjoyed the A's game last night. Playing really good beisbal right now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped watching the game in the 7th since I had plans, so I didn't get to see the ending. Saw that Rodney blew the save which is unfortunate, but the Mariners anemic offense needs to do better than just 1 run when your starting pitcher throws a 4 hit shutout over 8 innings.

As far as Rodney goes, this is what you get from him. Rodney can be a rollercoaster and he will occasionally blow saves. Coming into the game he had a 2.30 ERA and was 11/12 in save opportunities. He has been frustrating at times this year, but has got the job done at an efficient level.

The Mariners next best option is Danny Farquhar. At this point I don't see that Farquhar is a significant upgrade from Rodney, so I don't see the purpose in switching things up unless it is completely necessary.

I agree that the offense needs to do more than 1 run if you expect to win, but what the hell is a closer for?

The HR he gave up was middle of the plate and he spends way too much time there for a closer. I'd rather a closer be wild out of the zone than smack damn in the middle of it. He was serving up batting practice pitches and several hitters made him pay for it.

You are right though that this is the best they have this year. It has been several years since they had a legit closer so we are kind of getting used to this aren't we?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I barely like give the offense a pass but Ill go ahead and tip my hat to David Price last night. He is proven ace pitcher who had good stuff last night. Its when guys like Sean McHugh shut us down that drive me crazy. Hopefully they get back on track vs a nobody today.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney hasn't exactly been Marino Rivera closing games, but he is the least of our problems on this team. Sure every time he's on the mound it's been a roller coaster but at the end of the day he only has 2 blown saves.

He has a good track record over the span of his career. Give him some time. Worry more about the offense only providing one run.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
afternoon baseball! let's take this series!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney hasn't exactly been Marino Rivera closing games, but he is the least of our problems on this team. Sure every time he's on the mound it's been a roller coaster but at the end of the day he only has 2 blown saves.

He has a good track record over the span of his career. Give him some time. Worry more about the offense only providing one run.

Yep.

Rodney may end up having a terrible year, and I'm as critical as anybody of everything about this team from the field to the front office. This garbage team doesn't even need a closer...it's the last thing this team needed to worry about acquiring given the massive deficiencies in the lineup and in the outfield. It' not like I'm a huge Rodney fan or love that he's with the organization and back everything he does unconditionally.

It's simply childish to freak out about him regarding last night's loss.

This is not difficult.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 inches outside is not a strike

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the last thing this team needed to worry

This is not difficult.

Congratualtions, you finally said something reasonably intelligent about the mariners.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheels really came off for Maurer there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney gets paid $7M to get 3 outs 35-45 times per year. For me he has not been worth the money especially for a team with a tight budget.

Miller's olay defense didn't help him on the 2nd run either. His range is sad and his persistence to side saddle all liners won't work on the MLB level.

Luckily today they found a new way to lose by walking in the winning run and wild pitching in the insurance run.