• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raymond Felton?

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After a down year, it could be worth it to check in on him. With Curry, Klay, Barnes, Jefferson, and Rush on the wings, we have excellent size and shooting, but we're lacking in ball-handling/dribble penetration, and could use a player capable of defending the opposing team's PG. His poor shooting touch would matter very little on a roster full of shooting wings, and having the latter would certainly open up some driving lanes for him.

He made a little over 7 million last season-- with the new CBA and his poor '11/'12, I imagine he could be available for a little more than half that (although the lack of PGs' on the market could inflate his price tag).

Thoughts?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate it. We need a vet like Kidd, Miller or Fisher. A player that has credentials to be a player coach. A player that will make a difference in practices, locker rooms and on the court for his 10-15 mins a game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a no go on Kidd. He says he's going wherever Deron Williams is going. Apparently they're BFFs now

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That'd be a no go on Kidd. He says he's going wherever Deron Williams is going. Apparently they're BFFs now

So what you're saying is they're both going to be Mavs.

Kidd would be a bad fit in this team anyway. The Warriors have an injury-prone point guard. They need a guy like Andre Miller to be the backup. He's a veteran and he's an iron man. The guy has missed ONE game in the past four years, and that was because he gave Blake Griffin a huge forearm shiver for being a douche.

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would hate it. We need a vet like Kidd, Miller or Fisher. A player that has credentials to be a player coach. A player that will make a difference in practices, locker rooms and on the court for his 10-15 mins a game.

You would hate it, EK?

Andre Miller would be my first choice not only because of the "iron man" status that Cam mentioned, but also due to the fact that he is an ideal fit. That said, if Miller is interested in backing up a younger PG on a team that is, at best, a 6th-8th seed in the West, why wouldn't he just stay in Denver? I see him signing with a contender.

Same thing goes for Kidd. I know he has east bay ties, but I don't see that overriding his desire to spend his last year(s) playing for a title.

Fisher? All he can do is shoot, and we have plenty of shooters. He's a terrible, pointless fit skill-set wise. As far as the "player-coach" thing is concerned, there is some merit to that, but I don't see character/professionalism as a major issue on the current squad (this isn't Monta, SJax, Baron, Harrington, Randolph, etc.).

In the aforementioned PG-thin market, Miller, Nash, and Kidd are all going to be hot commodities, and they're all going to have their pick of which contender they'd like to piggy-back on for a title run. Felton, while far from ideal, would be a good fit skill wise, would seemingly have something to prove, and would be a realistic target. If we could snag him on a DWright type of deal (3 years, 12 million), I think we'd have to pull the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You would hate it, EK?

Andre Miller would be my first choice not only because of the "iron man" status that Cam mentioned, but also due to the fact that he is an ideal fit. That said, if Miller is interested in backing up a younger PG on a team that is, at best, a 6th-8th seed in the West, why wouldn't he just stay in Denver? I see him signing with a contender.

Same thing goes for Kidd. I know he has east bay ties, but I don't see that overriding his desire to spend his last year(s) playing for a title.

Fisher? All he can do is shoot, and we have plenty of shooters. He's a terrible, pointless fit skill-set wise. As far as the "player-coach" thing is concerned, there is some merit to that, but I don't see character/professionalism as a major issue on the current squad (this isn't Monta, SJax, Baron, Harrington, Randolph, etc.).

In the aforementioned PG-thin market, Miller, Nash, and Kidd are all going to be hot commodities, and they're all going to have their pick of which contender they'd like to piggy-back on for a title run. Felton, while far from ideal, would be a good fit skill wise, would seemingly have something to prove, and would be a realistic target. If we could snag him on a DWright type of deal (3 years, 12 million), I think we'd have to pull the trigger.

The Warriors could get Miller if they overpay - not in yearly salary, but in years on his contract. The guy is an iron man, but he's 36 years old. Teams are going to offer him 1 or 2 years. Those that really want him will offer 3. If the Warriors offered a fourth year - most likely an option year - I think he would consider it. Plus, with the Warriors, he is guaranteed 15-20 minutes a night. If Curry does down, he gets starter minutes. Signing Miller would not be good for Charles Jenkins. But Jenkins is shoot-first guard anyway, so he'll get his minutes off the bench when the team needs a spark.

And I agree on Fisher. I didn't even mention him because I don't want to see that piece of crap anywhere near the Warriors' locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Miller for you guys. He resigned with the Nugs