• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens / Pats

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well honestly at this point hard to tell all the tie breakers. I think if the Broncos/Chiefs/Raiders all tied Chiefs would be the top seed from the AFC West, Broncos the 2nd seed, and the Raiders the 3rd seed. So it really comes down to the Broncos beating the Raiders on the final week of the season.

I'm at that point of ready to concede the division. I think it would be tough for the Broncos to go 4-0 in this final stretch and I think the Chiefs won't lose 2 of the final 3 to give us a nice chance to catch up to them. The Raiders though I could see a bit more especially with Carr hurt and not playing his best football plus so many of the remaining games on the road.

As for the 6th spot I think the Broncos actually have the tie breakers over Baltimore even at 10-6. Some depends which games they lose. Same with the Broncos over the Steelers. I've ran the Playoff simulator a few times now and each time the Broncos/Steelers/Ravens finish at 10-6 the Broncos end up in the final spot.

Figuring out the tie breakers in total is not something I would want to dive into until absolutely necessary.

But a surface level scan.

AFCW...if KC win two more it's a wrap, they are the DIV champs. With 2 of 3 at home...I think they will win the west....projection...12-4

OAK...this is uncharted territory for them. 2 of 3 on the road...I don't think they will lose all 3, but it's possible if Carr doesn't get untracked...projection...11-5

DEN...obviously they have the pedigree, but also the toughest 4 game stretch...this week will be huge...projection...10-6

AFCN...PIT win out and they take the north. Anything short of that brings tie breakers into play and it doesn't look great for the Steelers...like I said, I'd rather not dive into that yet. They have the easiest 4 games, the DEF is peaking, OFC may have found the 3rd go to player...projection...10-6, would not be surprised to see them win out.

BAL...They also have a tough finish with 3 road games. This week will be huge...win at NE and 10-6 is probable. I think they go 2-2 and finish 9-7.

If it happen like this...DEN would be the 6 seed and would play at TN/HOU/IND or PIT.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's it feel like playing the Patriots?

View attachment 152360
f72b30aa616794caf9bd7929c7e25555.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figuring out the tie breakers in total is not something I would want to dive into until absolutely necessary.

But a surface level scan.

AFCW...if KC win two more it's a wrap, they are the DIV champs. With 2 of 3 at home...I think they will win the west....projection...12-4

OAK...this is uncharted territory for them. 2 of 3 on the road...I don't think they will lose all 3, but it's possible if Carr doesn't get untracked...projection...11-5

DEN...obviously they have the pedigree, but also the toughest 4 game stretch...this week will be huge...projection...10-6

AFCN...PIT win out and they take the north. Anything short of that brings tie breakers into play and it doesn't look great for the Steelers...like I said, I'd rather not dive into that yet. They have the easiest 4 games, the DEF is peaking, OFC may have found the 3rd go to player...projection...10-6, would not be surprised to see them win out.

BAL...They also have a tough finish with 3 road games. This week will be huge...win at NE and 10-6 is probable. I think they go 2-2 and finish 9-7.

If it happen like this...DEN would be the 6 seed and would play at TN/HOU/IND or PIT.

I would recommend using ESPN's Playoff machine. Does a good job showing the different possibilities.

And as a Bronco fan nothing would make me happier than to see the Raiders lose the final 3 games and actually miss the playoffs. Broncos have some tie breakers working in their favor if they end up with the same record and if Miami or if both AFC North teams can take care of business it is possible.

You are right there are so many possibilities that could happen that hard to really think too much at the moment of them. Just fun to look at a bit. I'm really hoping the Broncos can find a way to pass the Raiders though as I would much rather have the 5-seed than the 6-seed. TN/Hou/Indy sounds like a much nicer match up than Ravens or Steelers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this is a huge game (not record wise, but perception wise) for the Pats. They trade away a guy whom some thought coming into the year was their best defensive player and now lose a guy for the year who many think may be their best player. If the Patriot train keeps rolling against a top defense I think it really sends a message that the Pats are without question still the team to beat.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would recommend using ESPN's Playoff machine. Does a good job showing the different possibilities.

And as a Bronco fan nothing would make me happier than to see the Raiders lose the final 3 games and actually miss the playoffs. Broncos have some tie breakers working in their favor if they end up with the same record and if Miami or if both AFC North teams can take care of business it is possible.

You are right there are so many possibilities that could happen that hard to really think too much at the moment of them. Just fun to look at a bit. I'm really hoping the Broncos can find a way to pass the Raiders though as I would much rather have the 5-seed than the 6-seed. TN/Hou/Indy sounds like a much nicer match up than Ravens or Steelers.

Thanks. I've seen it, never played around much with it though.

From a Steeler perspective obviously they're not in it yet, so not really much fun to look at it right now...For them, it's pretty simple, win today and we'll see what happens MNF and do it again next week. Even though I think BAL will lose a game somewhere along the last 4...as a fan, I think PIT needs to win out.

OAK not having been in this position in a long time with a HC that hasn't been in this position in a long time either, that will be an interesting game next week, SD can score, but not obviously not great at stopping scores, If OAK has any OFC hangover from KC I can see them having to come from behind to win that one.

A side note on OAK to watch, if Carr can't take snaps from under center and everything is out of the shot gun, some of the playbook is compromised....have to see if that's a factor.

Gut check time.