• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens Have A "Flacco Problem"

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has that money, it's the rest of his signing bonus. If cut this off season the Ravens will carry 8M in dead money for 2019, and 20.

His release will save the team 18.5M. My guess is he's gone.
Which the new GM can use to put better weapons around Jackson. No way they should put that much money in a backup.

But as a Steeler fan, they should keep Flacco and his high cap hit around next year!!!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're rooting for your 1st round draft pick to get smashed and fail just so you can keep the QB with a $26 million plus cap hit next year that no longer matches his production and wins??? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

As a Steeler fan, I like your plan!!! Your new GM should hire you as a consultant and listen only to you. It will get you both fired eventually but probably not before you run the Ravens into the ground for years. Someone has to be the new Cleveland in our division, may as well be the Ravens.

I actually thought you was a lot smarter than that, you sound like StoolersPride now....
No I'm not rooting for the rook to fail, I just don't believe he's the best option to win right now against good teams....
And everyone knows this is Joe's last yr here but he will play for another team if he wants to...I'm not sure he wants to, I know he don't need to.....But if he did want to stay here, he's still counts for some against our cap next yr even if he's cut...So he could play for that, nothing lost....
My opinion is that Joe is a much better qb than Buckwheat now and until the kid proves otherwise, that's just reasonable thinking....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a back loaded deal so yeah, the operative word there...."was".

While the FO has made Flacco's cap hit work so maybe that's the reason to say it's never been the problem, but his cap hit never matched the production, and as it (CH) continues to grow to the point where I think it has to be part of the problem now.

Yeah BAL cold bring Flacco back on a $26.5 mil cap hit next yr, but does that make good fiscal sense? They probably will give Jackson the reins for at least a yr, but I think they could sign a Bridgewater and get almost the same production as Flacco is giving them for half the cap hit.

We already have RG 3 and Out, same as Bridge IMO....Joe could be restructured if they wanted to but most believe he will be cut....
Keep in mind Harbs won't be around so you don't know what the next HC likes in his system, and Ozzie will be out as GM so, we may have a very different picture to look at next yr....
Harbs is trying to make himself look good for the market, some college is already pursuing him...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has that money, it's the rest of his signing bonus. If cut this off season the Ravens will carry 8M in dead money for 2019, and 20.

His release will save the team 18.5M. My guess is he's gone.

Hey Manny, I picked your boys to beat N.O this week, what'cha think ?????

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already have RG 3 and Out, same as Bridge IMO....Joe could be restructured if they wanted to but most believe he will be cut....
Keep in mind Harbs won't be around so you don't know what the next HC likes in his system, and Ozzie will be out as GM so, we may have a very different picture to look at next yr....
Harbs is trying to make himself look good for the market, some college is already pursuing him...

I'm using Bridgewater as a name FA, but insert another name you might like better. RG3...yeah, he's never really done it aside from his rookie yr....idk about same as Bridgewater. Teddy is a QB, whereas RG3 was an athlete playing QB....but that's my opinion.

New GM, new HC, new QB...if you don't go in that order as a GM, you could go down fighting with guys you didn't even pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson will be the guy next year.

Whether that's a good thing or not for them. I have no idea. From the looks of it - he has a ways to go. It's easy to say you can develop him. However, until you actually see the progress. He kind of looks how I thought he would. Phenomenal athletic ability running the ball and tremendously behind the 8 ball for young NFL QB when throwing it.

This will be a huge HC'ing hire. Getting it wrong could spark a big downfall for Baltimore. Getting it right could setup Jackson and that team for success. Case-and-point Goff and Trubisky in years #1 vs #2 under new regimes.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamar jackson has a fugly face. that is all.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No money, just braggin' rights amongst friends....

I hope you get to brag. I know I wouldn't bet my boys vs NO.

I know any given Sunday but NO has been rolling most every week.
I think Dallas will need to control the clock and keep Brees on the sidelines as much as possible to win.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you get to brag. I know I wouldn't bet my boys vs NO.

I know any given Sunday but NO has been rolling most every week.
I think Dallas will need to control the clock and keep Brees on the sidelines as much as possible to win.

That's in Dallas ain't it ?....They can be run on, they barely got out of B'more with a 1 point win from a freak Tucker missed xtra point.....Our run game was near putrid then, it's just coming around now....
So with Dallas's run game and Coop over the top, me thinks they could do it....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's in Dallas ain't it ?....They can be run on, they barely got out of B'more with a 1 point win from a freak Tucker missed xtra point.....Our run game was near putrid then, it's just coming around now....
So with Dallas's run game and Coop over the top, me thinks they could do it....
I hoping they can and I do think they have a chance, but NO has looked good even when they ain't good.

I'll bet Dallas in the pickems, but no way will I place money on them.

One thing I'm certain of is the Dak led Dallas offense will have a better showing than the Wentz led Eagles did against the Saints.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you had an IQ at least above that of a frog, you'd realize that the D put up 14 of the points scored against the like 30th worst D in the league and Buckwheat threw 2 picks in the first half trying to act like a qb that can actually throw....So they went back to the run and Gus Edwards was the money in that account....
He's been on the winning end of 2 home games against 2 very bad teams....Watch when he goes on the road against good teams and coaches....He will get smashed, Joe can't run like him, but reads D's better and throws way better....Joe gives us the best chance to win, period....

I don't watch the Ratbirds much but 2 things I'm certain of - Flacco is gone and Lamar is not your future. Keep looking, Maybe you'll find another Dilford.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the Ratbirds much but 2 things I'm certain of - Flacco is gone and Lamar is not your future. Keep looking, Maybe you'll find another Dilford.....

Everyone knows Joe is getting replaced, but mostly for cap reasons....And I don't think Buckwheat is the guy to lead this team to a championship either, but you better hope not or you'll be waking up to a picture of him on your bedroom wall instead of Joe's....:dhd:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I'm not a fan of or a believer in the run option qb's, and what was it Vick won now ?...Uh zippo.....
Joe's our guy and will have a banner yr now that he has a few playmakers....
did this happen? DId joe have a banner year? or did he lose his job:lol::lol::lol:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Oldschool739 in this thread u told me Flacco would have a banner year with his new stars. He got benched for a wr. But u never came back to this one huh buddy

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Oldschool739 in this thread u told me Flacco would have a banner year with his new stars. He got benched for a wr. But u never came back to this one huh buddy
Let the back peddleing begin.
It was the coaches fault. Don't you know Harbs went from a genius to a douche over night according to OS.
It's the owners fault.
It's the systems fault.

Some day OS will finally admit being on Flacco elite island was just a farce. He knew all along Joey butt raped that org for years.