• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens Elam Out For Season

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some hilarious posts in this thread. It reminds me why I don't post here too often (or maybe why I should actually post MORE).

Yeah, the loss of Matt Elam will really put a dent on the Ravens. Everyone on the Ravens forums is just terrified now.

As we both know Elam was fighting for a roster spot given the FA pickups of Will Hill and Kendrick Lewis. Elam had little chance which is why they used him in the slot after injuries last year and Hill started the last 10 games of the year when he came off suspension.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you listen to the other Raven posters their secondary was so weak thus the Pats coming back TWICE after being down by 14. This just makes them weaker. If he was playing obviously there is no depth to replace him.
No big deal, keep moving, nothing to see here lol

^not realizing of course that in that game 5 months ago Jimmy Smith was injured,Lad Webb was hurt but playing, T Brooks IR, Asa Jackson was out, and Matt Elam was playing slot bc of injuries. All the injured players are now healthy we picked up Kendrick Lewis for safety and Arrington for slot add Jimmy Smith., Webb,Jackson, and a host of other back ups adn we arent thin.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a big loss? I was under the assumption that he wasnt living up to his potential.

So...I'm just starting this thread, but no...he's not a big loss. He certainly is a depth loss though. If this is the biggest loss the Ravens' encounter this year, I will be extremely happy.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla. Seems that until we arte actually watching football, everyone is knifing each other because of past sins. Stick around, even the trolls will do better in a couple weeks.....

Speaking of which...nice troll thread.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction was he would be traded or cut. His football IQ graded him at lost.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could start only for the RAvens

And to think, NE had to resort to trick plays to beat us even with a scrub like Elam in the secondary....
Guess you just spit into the wind there old buddy !! :D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think, NE had to resort to winning to beat us even with a scrub like Elam in the secondary....
Guess you just spit into the wind there old buddy !! :D
We won. That was last year. What's going to happen this year? Your associate Tgann says that the only reason the Patriots beat the Ravens is because of your secondary. Looks like your secondary is getting weaker. Now I know the "rose colored glasses" we all wear this time of year makes the situation look better, right?
I'm thinking that the other 3 teams in the AFCN are much improved this year. Going to be a rough ride for the Ravens.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won. That was last year. What's going to happen this year? Your associate Tgann says that the only reason the Patriots beat the Ravens is because of your secondary. Looks like your secondary is getting weaker. Now I know the "rose colored glasses" we all wear this time of year makes the situation look better, right?
I'm thinking that the other 3 teams in the AFCN are much improved this year. Going to be a rough ride for the Ravens.....

You're not thinking very well then Southie, Will Hill had that starting job already, and Kendrick Lewis is balling out for us....Your boy Arrington is here and playing well plus most of all, our shut down corner Jimmy Smith is back and healthy and wasn't in that game or Tommy boy would have thrown a couple to him....
Elam is just depth and can be easily replaced....So chalk that up as a no factor big guy !!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not thinking very well then Southie, Will Hill had that starting job already, and Kendrick Lewis is balling out for us....Your boy Arrington is here and playing well plus most of all, our shut down corner Jimmy Smith is back and healthy and wasn't in that game or Tommy boy would have thrown a couple to him....
Elam is just depth and can be easily replaced....So chalk that up as a no factor big guy !!
Back-up? Losing back-up is a plus? You needed that back-up last year.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back-up? Losing back-up is a plus? You needed that back-up last year.....

He obviously was no help, they gave up two 14 point leads...the guy is all but a total bust, plain and simple and
you think that's dismantled our secondary ?
What are you smoking man ?? :scratch:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He obviously was no help, they gave up two 14 point leads...the guy is all but a total bust, plain and simple and
you think that's dismantled our secondary ?
What are you smoking man ?? :scratch:
Wait til you see Arrington get run over along the sidelines. Pretty good slot cover but QB's have figured out how to draw him to the sidelines. In big games you will be cursing him......

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait til you see Arrington get run over along the sidelines. Pretty good slot cover but QB's have figured out how to draw him to the sidelines. In big games you will be cursing him......

Maybe, but he's still an upgrade.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn't replace him last year, hun? Ravens may have won? Guess depth isn't important? Good luck with Arrington, just don't ask him to cover anyone outside the numbers.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn't replace him last year, hun? Ravens may have won? Guess depth isn't important? Good luck with Arrington, just don't ask him to cover anyone outside the numbers.

Well, I'll leave that up to Pees and the position coach , they see something in him that will make us better or he wouldn't be here...But it's not like we're asking him to be our whole defense, just do his part.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll leave that up to Pees and the position coach , they see something in him that will make us better or he wouldn't be here...But it's not like we're asking him to be our whole defense, just do his part.
So he's similar to Elam? They must've seen something in him? Or he wouldn't have been there correct?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see your still surprised NE came from behind and won that game after the last trouncing at Gilette. Back to even against the Ravens in the playoffs makes u happy then enjoy it.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's similar to Elam? They must've seen something in him? Or he wouldn't have been there correct?

Elam was drafted with rookie potential that had to be developed.
Arrington is a seasoned vet and they already know what he can and can't do...
A little difference there, don't ya think ?? :rolleyes2:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elam was drafted with rookie potential that had to be developed.
Arrington is a seasoned vet and they already know what he can and can't do...
A little difference there, don't ya think ?? :rolleyes2:
shhhh...