• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens cut my boy JJ

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Ravens cut receiver-returner Jacoby Jones on Wednesday after a difficult season for the former Super Bowl hero.

Jones, 30, dropped five passes as a receiver and muffed two punts in 2014, and the Ravens decided to avoid paying his $2.5 million salary for the 2015 season by cutting him. The Ravens would save only $750,000 of cap space by releasing Jones unless they designate him as a June 1 cut.

I think for the small cap room it creates, we would have done better to cut Pitta, Canty, and rework Ngata and Webb or cut them too.......They could be sufficiently replaced with younger, cheaper players, even if you bring in some vets on a 1 yr deal.....
And definitely don't pay Forsett......
JJ will land on a good team because there is no better return man in the league and he is a big play waiting to happen at anytime....
Who wants him on your team ??

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him the vet minimum, that's it. Already have De'Anthony Thomas, cap issues and 11 projected draft picks. Have to say he is a damn good returner though if a team needs one.

Has to be better than Donnie Avery/Jenkins/Hemmingway/Hammond... right?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him the vet minimum, that's it. Already have De'Anthony Thomas, cap issues and 11 projected draft picks. Have to say he is a damn good returner though if a team needs one.

Has to be better than Donnie Avery/Jenkins/Hemmingway/Hammond... right?

I think he'll get a decent contract somewhere, he's better than vet min IMO.....I hope we bring him back and if he was willing to go that low, I'm sure we would.
Remember the Giants wanted to sign him for more a yr ago and he chose to come back here.
When he is on the field, a potential for a big play is too...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy muffs as many kicks as he makes big plays...

More significantly, it's time to find a new "Most Pigeon-Toed" player in the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll get a decent contract somewhere, he's better than vet min IMO.....I hope we bring him back and if he was willing to go that low, I'm sure we would.
Remember the Giants wanted to sign him for more a yr ago and he chose to come back here.
When he is on the field, a potential for a big play is too...
Agreed. If KC's cap situation wasn't hot garbage, I'd take a flier on the guy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Baltimore Ravens cut receiver-returner Jacoby Jones on Wednesday after a difficult season for the former Super Bowl hero.

Jones, 30, dropped five passes as a receiver and muffed two punts in 2014, and the Ravens decided to avoid paying his $2.5 million salary for the 2015 season by cutting him. The Ravens would save only $750,000 of cap space by releasing Jones unless they designate him as a June 1 cut.

I think for the small cap room it creates, we would have done better to cut Pitta, Canty, and rework Ngata and Webb or cut them too.......They could be sufficiently replaced with younger, cheaper players, even if you bring in some vets on a 1 yr deal.....
JJ will land on a good team because there is no better return man in the league and he is a big play waiting to happen at anytime....
He was great on "Dancing with the Stars", maybe he has a career as a dancer.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If KC's cap situation wasn't hot garbage, I'd take a flier on the guy.

Andy is a great coach, he'd get the best out of him too....I'm not sure we played him enough as a wr last yr, and his big play ability could have put us over the top in the playoffs....
I like the guy, and hope he does well wherever he goes except against us of course...
:lol:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 drops to 9 catches. On a team with two viable receiving options, and with an OC with whom he had decent history, he couldn't find the field. Couple that with a total lack of aggressiveness on his returns and you have a no-brainer cut.

I'd throw him a vet min deal with incentive possibilities, but that's it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rework Ngata? He's history.
I know you watched him in the playoff game against NE.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rework Ngata? He's history.
I know you watched him in the playoff game against NE.....

Ngata is still worth keeping at a more reasonable price but not at top dollar....I don't recall him playing bad in the NE game, it was our secondary that folded, not our Dline.:scratch:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy is a great coach, he'd get the best out of him too....I'm not sure we played him enough as a wr last yr, and his big play ability could have put us over the top in the playoffs....
I like the guy, and hope he does well wherever he goes except against us of course...
KC already has a bunch of bad WR's

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata is still worth keeping at a more reasonable price but not at top dollar....I don't recall him playing bad in the NE game, it was our secondary that folded, not our Dline.:scratch:
Your secondary struggled because the much heralded pass rush of Suggs and Ngata were held at bay.....

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your secondary struggled because the much heralded pass rush of Suggs and Ngata were held at bay.....

The secondary struggled because they were a glorified MASH unit. You aren't going to win in the playoffs with talents like Rashaan Melvin and Anthony Levine manning starting spots.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think any comment could be more inaccurate than this one. Stick to commenting on the team you root for.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary struggled because they were a glorified MASH unit. You aren't going to win in the playoffs with talents like Rashaan Melvin and Anthony Levine manning starting spots.

You must have missed the first half when Brady lost it from getting knocked around so much, and we did win in Pittsburgh with those guys and almost did it in NE too, but for a Brady we would have, so your comment is totally absurd....:crazy:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby-Jones.jpg

I wonder if he kept the hat...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby-Jones.jpg

I wonder if he kept the hat...

I'm sure he has no ill will towards Bmore, they cut him early to give him every opportunity to get with another team......They would have saved more by waiting til 6-1 cuts but did that for him....
He is a fan fav in Bmore, and this is the place that made him a star, won him a Lombardi and made him a millionaire.....Heck, I'd love em too, even if they ran me out of town !!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he has no ill will towards Bmore, they cut him early to give him every opportunity to get with another team......They would have saved more by waiting til 6-1 cuts but did that for him....
He is a fan fav in Bmore, and this is the place that made him a star, won him a Lombardi and made him a millionaire.....Heck, I'd love em too, even if they ran me out of town !!
I agree. He shouldn't be holding any ill-will towards them based off everything you said. They gave him the opportunity in the first place and made him a known-name. Now its up to him to prove his worth.

Just felt like givin' a jab at the subject! :suds:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He shouldn't be holding any ill-will towards them based off everything you said. They gave him the opportunity in the first place and made him a known-name. Now its up to him to prove his worth.

Just felt like givin' a jab at the subject! :suds:

:yo: much obliged !!