• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rating the Pac-12 Non Conference schedules

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine played with a hurt knee last year. I can't find videos of TJ anywhere?

Yeah, I mean you have to remember that last year he was at AZ but had to sit out. And the two years before that he was at Duquesne. They aren't a high-profile school, so there's really not just a lot on them, and therefore not a lot on him when he played there. There's a little bit that the school put up on youtube, so you might look there. But he's really under the radar. He came to AZ when we played Duquesne early in the 2011-2012 season, so I got to watch him at McKale. I didn't know who he was at the time, although I had heard that they had a pretty tenacious PG on both sides of the ball. He had just started his sophomore year, so hearing about a freshman PG from Duquesne is a pretty fair compliment in itself. Anyway, I remember he put up a very respectable line that game. Mayes started for us at PG. He and Josiah Turner split time at the spot. Mayes ended with a great game from the field going 6-10 from the field and 4-7 from 3, but I think much of that was against when he moved over to SG. Turner played 21 minutes, and Mayes played 27, so Mayes definitely had some minutes as SG or a third guard. Bottom line though is that McConnell was the best PG on the floor, no questions asked. He put up 9 pts, but it was his 6 rebs, 4 assists, and 3 steals that blew me away. He was all over the place. I remember that he really disrupted our back court flow. We ended up with 20 turnovers that game, and 15 of them were by our back court. TJ was in on most of those just by keeping us off balance, flustered, and out of sync. We didn't really seem to ever be able to put them away. They were always right there, and TJ was the facilitator of it all. I remember being so impressed with him, and so disappointed that AZ was playing a pretty mild mid-major in Duquesne, and they had hands down, the best PG was McConnell. I'm not saying that he was better than Kyle Fogg or NJ at the time, but he definitely played like the best guard on the court that night. When I heard we got him, I immediately looked forward to this year's first game as the return of the true PG to AZ. He's just a high impact player with great court vision and a high IQ. He's just a great leader. If he had just stepped on the court this year, I would temper my expectations. But given that he was at every minute of practice last year, I am just so excited for what he can do for us this year. I think he will just make everyone around him better. And that's great to say about an already talented team. In the army, we would call him: a force multiplier.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Hawkins is balling for UC Davis see Herb lost good recruits not just random transfers. I still don't know why Keala King got kicked off he was forced to play point guard and scored in bunches.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean you have to remember that last year he was at AZ but had to sit out. And the two years before that he was at Duquesne. They aren't a high-profile school, so there's really not just a lot on them, and therefore not a lot on him when he played there. There's a little bit that the school put up on youtube, so you might look there. But he's really under the radar. He came to AZ when we played Duquesne early in the 2011-2012 season, so I got to watch him at McKale. I didn't know who he was at the time, although I had heard that they had a pretty tenacious PG on both sides of the ball. He had just started his sophomore year, so hearing about a freshman PG from Duquesne is a pretty fair compliment in itself. Anyway, I remember he put up a very respectable line that game. Mayes started for us at PG. He and Josiah Turner split time at the spot. Mayes ended with a great game from the field going 6-10 from the field and 4-7 from 3, but I think much of that was against when he moved over to SG. Turner played 21 minutes, and Mayes played 27, so Mayes definitely had some minutes as SG or a third guard. Bottom line though is that McConnell was the best PG on the floor, no questions asked. He put up 9 pts, but it was his 6 rebs, 4 assists, and 3 steals that blew me away. He was all over the place. I remember that he really disrupted our back court flow. We ended up with 20 turnovers that game, and 15 of them were by our back court. TJ was in on most of those just by keeping us off balance, flustered, and out of sync. We didn't really seem to ever be able to put them away. They were always right there, and TJ was the facilitator of it all. I remember being so impressed with him, and so disappointed that AZ was playing a pretty mild mid-major in Duquesne, and they had hands down, the best PG was McConnell. I'm not saying that he was better than Kyle Fogg or NJ at the time, but he definitely played like the best guard on the court that night. When I heard we got him, I immediately looked forward to this year's first game as the return of the true PG to AZ. He's just a high impact player with great court vision and a high IQ. He's just a great leader. If he had just stepped on the court this year, I would temper my expectations. But given that he was at every minute of practice last year, I am just so excited for what he can do for us this year. I think he will just make everyone around him better. And that's great to say about an already talented team. In the army, we would call him: a force multiplier.

And add to his season 2 years ago and add to it because of off season workouts.