• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rantsports Crazy Draft Trade

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2 years since Fisher and Snead got here they have taken a team that won 15 games in 5 years, essentially blew it up, put together the youngest team in the NFL and went 14-15-1 in 2 years. Can we not talk like this is "same old Rams" or doubt these guys. They have given us no reason to do so and are not getting enough credit. Did any of us expect to be in the playoffs in 2 years? If so we were drinking the kool-aid. The Rams had the worst 5-year span in NFL history and they are digging out of that hole. I know its annoying but the patience has to be there.

Granted, the Rams are better since Snead, Fisher and co. came along. They've gone from very bad to not so good, while the rest of their Division mates are far ahead of the Rams. I'm selfish. I won't settle for a last place, sub .500 team and say how glad I am that they're getting better. When they win the SB I'll give them credit. Shouldn't that be the goal?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any explanation on how the Rams got all of those picks? 7 in the top 75? Is this from your multiple trade down scenario from another thread?

It wasn't my mock even though mine is very close. Here is how the picks came to be….
Draft Day: I dont believe our team is a Super Bowl contender yet and still has plenty of holes to fill which is why our regime has been so eager to trade down and stockpile picks. Now over the course of the time before the draft they could fall in love with a prospect and sit at #2 and take him or trade down only one or two spots to secure that player, my draft is going off the assumption that this is not the case. So with that being said i do believe we trade down with the Cleveland Browns AND the Atlanta Falcons. The Cleveland Browns are a team that has talent on both sides of the ball. They have been missing a Quarterback for roughly 20 years and a Quarterback now could potentially put them in a position to contend for a playoff spot. The Browns Front Office will feel pressure to make a move a secure Johnny Football who would draw not only attendance and memorabilia but also wins. For the #2 pick we get the #4, #26 and #71(3rd Round). At #4 Jadeveon Clowney is still available. This creates quite a conundrum for the Rams. On one hand Clowney is easily the best player available on the other hand we have Long, Quinn, Hayes and Sims. I believe the Rams will see this as an opportunity to bolster depth and will trade back yet again to the Falcons who could be only 1 or 2 players away from playoff relevance. Obviously the Rams and Falcons have good trade relations if you look at past drafts. These past relations help move this trade through and the Falcons give #6, #37,#135(5th Round) and 2015 2nd rounder. This give the Rams #6,#13,#26, two 2nd round, two 3rd round and 2 5th round picks. More then enough to put the finishing touches on the masterful trade we pulled with the Redskins.

This was mine… Rams trade with the Browns move back to 4. Rams receive Browns #26 pick.

Rams trade with ATL and move back to 6. Rams receive ATL #37 pick. Then the Rams give up a 4th rd pick to move to 20 to grab Safety C. Pryor.

6. OLB Khalil Mack Instant 3 down impact starter muck like Ogletree last year. A very nice bookend to Ogletree and replaces Dunbar. Teams will be game planing for Ogletree next year, it will be much harder with Mack to worry about too.

13. CB Darqueze Dennard/ CB Gilbert Replaces Finnegan and a great savings on the cap. Our CB depth is in great shape. Jenkins, Dennard, Johnson.

20. S Calvin Pryor I like Pryor better then HaHa. Paired with TJ our safety issues are finally not an issue.

37. G Gabe Jackson- A road grader run blocker instant plug in starter. Harvey Dahl is cut to help the cap

44. G. Trai Turner- Now with these two massive guards we will be able to control the line of scrimmige and run the ball effect to set up the pass. I believe J.Long and J. Barksdale are ok for now at tackle. We can draft a tackle in the 6th for depth.

75. DT Kelcy Quarles

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think that we will make 2 deals and that is all. I am beginning to think we might not be able to get the extra 1st from Cleveland for them to move up to #2. I think we get a 2nd, 4th this year and a 1st next year from Cleveland. Then we trade back to #6 with Atlanta and get an extra 2nd rounder. So we end up with #6 and #13, then we end up with #35, #37 and #44 in round 2, our pick round 3 and #102 and #106 in round 4
And the draft IMO would end up something like this:
#6 Greg Robinson OT
#13 Calvin Pryor S
#35 Timmy Jurnigan DT
#37 Gabe Jackson OG
#44 Adrian Hubbard OLB
#75 Marcus Roberson CB
#102 Jimmy Garappolo QB
#106 Ty Zimmerman S

Then we can look at RB, more O line depth and WR in the late rounds..something like this:

#141 Martavis Bryant WR
#172 Chris Watt OT/OG
#203 Antonio Andrews RB

honestly looks to fill every hole...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winning by the 49ers and Seahawks will now have the cost go up. Players will need the paycheck now and the Rams have played it pretty smart. Trading out of #2 this season will be smart and depending on what the Rams get will course the next 2 seasons for the Rams.