• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but Bradford did

If Wilson was a rookie this year, and had the same performance he had in 2012, he would have run away with ROY. Probably would've been unanimous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying. I understand why you like them better and why you put Kaep as your 11th young QB.

Homer indeed.
How is that ? I still think kap has upside. His track record shows he can win in this league. I didnt know being #11 on my list is a Homer pick. LOL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is pointless in this conversation. Again Im looking at if Im building a team and I would pick the Upside of those 2 and youth over Wilson. I know what these 2 QBs can so with a bad team. I dont know what Wilson can do with a bad team. Imagine if Seattle had a bad to avg D these last couple of year. Wilson might be out of the league now or just an Avg QB. No one knows. He was thrown into a perfect situation. This year we saw the D dip a little and BOOM they went 10-6. Big difference then the last 2 years.
Thats absurd. Seattle has the worst oline in the league and an average receiving corp and Wilson has been putting up top 10 QB stats which has nothing to do with his defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson was a rookie this year, and had the same performance he had in 2012, he would have run away with ROY. Probably would've been unanimous.

Maybe or maybe not who knows. Cant compare the years.

Again u guys are making it sound like i think those 2 are better then wilson. I dont think that. Im talking about building a team around. I like the youth and the upside they can have because of how they looked with bad teams. I like Cam Newton #1 because the guy is a Freak. Being #4 is not a bad thing. If you are going by Career so far Wilson would be #1 out of that list.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is easily the #1 guy I would build my team around. Wilson is #2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats absurd. Seattle has the worst oline in the league and an average receiving corp and Wilson has been putting up top 10 QB stats which has nothing to do with his defense.
We agree to disagree. Defense has a lot to do with it. Seattle the last 2 years gave the offense one of the best field position to start a series. Trust me D has a lot to do with it.

Last Post on Wilson for me. People have their opinion and I have mine. Im looking at it in a different way. If we are going by right now best QB Wilson would be #1 but Im talking about who I would build around. Age and upside are what is important to me. I know how these guys played on bad teams. Wilson always played on a good team. Wilson might of hit his ceiling already. The other 2 we dont know and Im ok with taking a chance.

I think Wilson is good. Being #4 is not bad.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell top 5 for me is luck , newton , dalton , mariota and carr . luck has been hurt all year so i'm more basing it on the past . i hope the pep fired will help but i think more heads should've been fired . the rest can be tied for 6th it's that bad .
What no Russell Wilson??

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is easily the #1 guy I would build my team around. Wilson is #2.
I dont understand the Luck love. Guy hasnt done much but gets mad respect. Makes no sense. Its your opinion and im ok with it. I just dont see a very good QB from Luck. 2 years now he has taken a step back. He basically lost his starting job this year. People want to blame the injury but lets be honest, His back up had more wins then him before the injury.

Can he bounce back yes but right now not looking great.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree to disagree. Defense has a lot to do with it. Seattle the last 2 years gave the offense one of the best field position to start a series. Trust me D has a lot to do with it.

Let me guess though, Seattle's defense hasn't benefited from their offense's efficiency, TOP and field position dominance?

Oh that's right, you're a Chip Kelly fan, those things don't matter.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that ? I still think kap has upside. His track record shows he can win in this league. I didnt know being #11 on my list is a Homer pick. LOL

Kap is an embarrassment to the position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes a QBs job easier than a great defense. Even a great Oline won't matter as much for them if they have to sling it and take too many chances because the defense can't stop people.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last Post on Wilson for me. People have their opinion and I have mine. Im looking at it in a different way. If we are going by right now best QB Wilson would be #1 but Im talking about who I would build around. Age and upside are what is important to me. I know how these guys played on bad teams. Wilson always played on a good team. Wilson might of hit his ceiling already. The other 2 we dont know and Im ok with taking a chance.

I think Wilson is good. Being #4 is not bad.

Not to quibble, but the Team Wilson inherited had 5, 7, and 7 wins the three years before he got there. To say he always played on a good team implies that the Seahawks were already good when he went there, but they were actually very bad until Wilson took over.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes a QBs job easier than a great defense. Even a great Oline won't matter as much for them if they have to sling it and take too many chances because the defense can't stop people.

Having a great defense helps with field position and Wins/losses overall, but it doesn't change a QB's completion percent, QB rating, TD passes, Int's, fumbles, rushing yards, passing yards, etc.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess though, Seattle's defense hasn't benefited from their offense's efficiency, TOP and field position dominance?

Oh that's right, you're a Chip Kelly fan, those things don't matter.
Im a chip Kelly fan damn i didnt know that. I dont know the guy so I guess Im a fan if you say so . I dont mind the hire of Kelly but Im not a Chip Kelly fan. Thanks for telling me who I am a fan of. Just because I dont hate the guy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that list is a pretty good reflection of the performance of QBs last year.

I don't think I could drop Luck down that far given he was injured for most of the year but he wasn't playing well when he did play so that should be a factored in.
Luck is still better than all of them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a great defense helps with field position and Wins/losses overall, but it doesn't change a QB's completion percent, QB rating, TD passes, Int's, fumbles, rushing yards, passing yards, etc.

You couldn't be more wrong. It changes all of that. It changes what he has to do to win. Completely changes it.

That you don't think it changes interceptions is mindboggling. You don't think a QB down 3 scores has to take more chances to try to win? Go look at some stats of guys when they're trailing and when they're ahead. All the information is readily available for you to become more aware about the game of football and correct yourself.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is still better than all of them.

That very well may be true. Although he is now going into year 6. Sooner or later he is going to have to prove it, no?

The 2012 class is passed the potential stage of their careers.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to exaggerate the positive impact Seattle's defense has on Wilson, and downplay the negative impact that Luck often has on his defense.