• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyer...this is your narrative, and seemingly always has been. I can tell the framework with every thread or post you create about 'Young QB's' or 'Russell Wilson' or Andrew Luck' as to the direction you want to go. Go take your insecurities to NFL GM's and coaches because we both know whom the vast majority would take.

Except it isn't. In fact, I stayed away from advocating for one QB or the other in this thread.

I commented on your post because it was so simplistic. "Luck. No one else matters" or something to that effect. It wasn't so much that you had Luck as your top choice. Lots of people still do. That's fine. It's the absolute nature of it. Granted that has always been your MO.

I will freely admit that the adulation that Andrew Luck continues to receive baffles me. Some folks seem incapable of criticizing the guy. Ever. You are clearly in that camp.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will freely admit that the adulation that Andrew Luck continues to receive baffles me. Some folks seem incapable of criticizing the guy. Ever. You are clearly in that camp.

And this is why Flyer, you are so full of shit. I just made this statement:

He started off badly, and then got hurt against Tennessee. He missed time, came back and got injured against Denver. Between those two incidents, he was playing hurt and not playing well.

Did I, or did I not say that HE, as in Andrew Luck, started off badly, ie HE, as in Andrew Luck, was playing bad BEFORE he got hurt. Why yes....yes I did. Your excuses are your own. And save the crap about you not advocationg one guy over another....your agenda is crystal clear, and has been for some time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why Flyer, you are so full of shit. I just made this statement:

I did not see that statement and has nothing to do with your initial statement. I saw this "Luck #1.

Don't care much about the rest"

A pretty odd statement for a non-Colts fan to make, IMO. You keep trying to change my point which was always the same.

Congratulation that after 10 or so bickering comments you were able to concede that Luck didn't play well.

Did I, or did I not say that HE, as in Andrew Luck, started off badly, ie HE, as in Andrew Luck, was playing bad BEFORE he got hurt. Why yes....yes I did. Your excuses are your own. And save the crap about you not advocationg one guy over another....your agenda is crystal clear, and has been for some time.

183 posts in this thread. Thread has been around for nearly 2 months. And the number of times I advocated for Russell Wilson in this thread? ZERO times. The only time I referenced him was in response to you.

I have responded to some of the random Luck adoration because I find it strange that he often seems exempt from criticism. OTOH, I also said on several occasions that Luck is still one of the premier young QBs and could still wind up being the best.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated I was in a camp of fans who can't 'ever' seem to criticize Andrew Luck, when I did. It's a fact. It proves you wrong. Deal with it.

I choose Andrew Luck, period. I originally chose him, and I still do...much like most NFL GM's and coaches would. You don't like it. Deal with it.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It started out Suck for Luck but now its Luck to suck:suds:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated I was in a camp of fans who can't 'ever' seem to criticize Andrew Luck, when I did. It's a fact. It proves you wrong. Deal with it.

Yup you sure did. A day later after being pestered constantly by several posters.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose Andrew Luck, period. I originally chose him, and I still do...much like most NFL GM's and coaches would. You don't like it. Deal with it.
I agree "most" would pick Luck over Wilson, but not long ago "most" was a lot closer to "all" than it is right now. The tide has turned at least a little bit this season with Luck not playing well at all and Wilson currently on a torrid pace and leading the league in passer rating. Would you agree with that?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup you sure did. A day later after being pestered constantly by several posters.

You said I was among those that can't 'ever' assign blame to Luck AFTER I did. Not BEFORE. Do you NOT comprehend this?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree "most" would pick Luck over Wilson, but not long ago "most" was a lot closer to "all" than it is right now. The tide has turned at least a little bit this season with Luck not playing well at all and Wilson currently on a torrid pace and leading the league in passer rating. Would you agree with that?

Sure. I don't agree with some of the logic that I'm sure is behind it, but whatever.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck's really only had one good season. Even in that one he still threw a pick per game. I think people rank Luck largely on hype instead of accomplishments.
I think Luck is rated high on what we expect him to be, rather than what he has actually accomplished.
He is being mis-handled. Hype keeps the dome full.

Mariota - wait and see. Carr is what I expected. Garoppolo will get his chance......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said I was among those that can't 'ever' assign blame to Luck AFTER I did. Not BEFORE. Do you NOT comprehend this?

You're right. You admitted that Luck has sucked this year. My bad.

Makes your initial comment even stranger but to each their own.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes your initial comment even stranger but to each their own.

No it doesn't. Why would I simply change my opinion because of a couple of bad games followed by a lost/injured season, when he's built up a 3 year resume? I don't judge players on a week by week basis or whatever, and as I've stated....most GM's and HC's would take Luck despite this season.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd easily take RW, Luck, or Cam over Dalton. Maybe Carr as well.

Any of those guys would dominate with the talent on the Bengals roster. Andy needs to win when the lights come on, and he's not been able to do that. I know half the team was injured last year in the playoffs, and AJ dropped a pass he should have caught another, but that doesn't cancel out the nonsensical picks, the fumble while he was untouched, etc.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a lot of upheaval this year when evaluating the young QBs. Curious to see how people would rank the Top 10 QBs drafted since 2011.

Here is a list of the guys drafted since 2011.

James Winston
Marcus Mariota
Garrett Grayson
Sean Mannion
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
Trevor Siemian
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppolo
Logan Thomas
Tom Savage
Aaron Murray
AJ McCarron
Zach Mettenberger
David Fales
Keith Wenning
Tajh Boyd
Garrett Gilbert
E.J. Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Tyler Wilson
Landry Jones
Brad Sorensen
Zac Dysert
B.J. Daniels
Sean Renfree
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiler
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
B.J. Coleman
Chandler Harnish
Terrelle Pryor
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Ricky Stanzi
T.J. Yates
Nathan Enderle
Tyrod Taylor
Greg McElroy
1 Newton
2 Luck
3 Wilson
4 Mariota
5 Bridgewater
6 Bortles
7 Carr
8 Winston
9 Tannehill
10 Cousins

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one 'deal with it?'

Is there a handbook?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98.9 QB rating. 33 TDs 10 INTs. "Cam Newton has not developed as a passer." Are you haters seriously still going to believe that nonsense?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98.9 QB rating. 33 TDs 10 INTs. "Cam Newton has not developed as a passer." Are you haters seriously still going to believe that nonsense?

Much like Wilson this year, he has really feasted on weaker defenses. 15 TDs in 3 games against the Saints, Skins, and Giants. In fact they have only played 2 teams in the top 10 of defensive DVOA all season(Seattle and GB although to be fair Houston is 11th).

Having said that he has certainly extremely well in the past month and a half regardless of the opponent.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is just doing well because of his run game and defense.