• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is just doing well because of his run game and defense.
He is doing well because of his physical ability. It has nothing to do with the run game or defense.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You stated I was in a camp of fans who can't 'ever' seem to criticize Andrew Luck, when I did. It's a fact. It proves you wrong. Deal with it.

I choose Andrew Luck, period. I originally chose him, and I still do...much like most NFL GM's and coaches would. You don't like it. Deal with it.

You didn't actually criticize him though. You stated a universally accepted fact, that Andrew Luck played badly. That is not a criticism, it is a fact. You then (seemingly) deliberately avoided putting any blame on Luck for this when DIRECTLY asked for a reason he played badly by multiple posters. You danced around it then dismissed it completely. Your opinion seems to be that Andrew Luck is better, therefore he is better regardless of how he performs. You are entitled to your opinion, but it is not "pushing an agenda" to dispute your opinion and bring up countertpoints.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't actually criticize him though. You stated a universally accepted fact, that Andrew Luck played badly. That is not a criticism, it is a fact.

WTF? When I say that Luck himself has played badly...that IS criticism. Here...I'll help you out...

crit·i·cism

noun

The expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Season is over. Has anyone's view changed on any of the QBs?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Season is over. Has anyone's view changed on any of the QBs?
1. Russell Wilson
2. Cam Newton (5)
3. Derek Carr (2)
4. Andy Dalton
5. Andrew Luck (3)
6. Jameis Winston
7. Blake Bortes (NR)
8. Marcus Mariota (7)
9. Tyrod Taylor
10. Teddy Bridgewater

I think its pretty safe to say that Cam had a pretty good year with fairly lackluster weapons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Russell Wilson
2. Cam Newton (5)
3. Derek Carr (2)
4. Andy Dalton
5. Andrew Luck (3)
6. Jameis Winston
7. Blake Bortes (NR)
8. Marcus Mariota (7)
9. Tyrod Taylor
10. Teddy Bridgewater

I think its pretty safe to say that Cam had a pretty good year with fairly lackluster weapons.

I'd say that list is a pretty good reflection of the performance of QBs last year.

I don't think I could drop Luck down that far given he was injured for most of the year but he wasn't playing well when he did play so that should be a factored in.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that list is a pretty good reflection of the performance of QBs last year.

I don't think I could drop Luck down that far given he was injured for most of the year but he wasn't playing well when he did play so that should be a factored in.
I would tier Wilson and Cam together and then I would probably put the next 6 in the next tier. For me, 3-8 are really close. Luck is going to be banged up for most of his career...he takes more hits than any QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 10: Based on who I would build a team around

1)Cam Newton
2)Winston
3)Mariota
4)Wilson
5)Dalton
6)Carr
7)Luck
8)Bortles
9)Teddy
10)Cousins

Little Extra:
11)Kap
12)Osweiler
13)McCarron
14)Tannehill
15)Foles

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 10: Based on who I would build a team around

1)Cam Newton
2)Winston
3)Mariota
4)Wilson
That seems nuts to me. I'd take Cam over Wilson only because he is a year and a half younger but Winston and certainly Mariota need to prove more to enter that conversation.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems nuts to me. I'd take Cam over Wilson only because he is a year and a half younger but Winston and certainly Mariota need to prove more to enter that conversation.
Well Winston won Rookie of the year. Both are younger and to be honest Im not very high on Wilson like some are. He has played with the Best Defense in the league. He has struggled a little in the last 2 years in the playoffs. Dont get me wrong I think Wilson is good and I would take him on my team Im just not as high on him as some are. I rather have the 2 younger guys who looked good playing on bad teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get why people are so high on Luck. The guy hasnt done anything in this league and disappeared last year(before the injury). The last 2 years he has taken steps back wards. No way in hell i would want him on my team out of all those QB mention. Luck=Bust(at this point) Can he bounce back maybe but right now no one knows.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was surprised that purguy had Wilson as high as he did. I'm guessing he figured that was as low as he could reasonably put him and get away with it.

I like how he puts two guys above him that have all of zero playoffs snaps based on Wilson's, a Super Bowl winner, playoff performances over the past 2 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Winston won Rookie of the year. Both are younger and to be honest Im not very high on Wilson like some are. He has played with the Best Defense in the league. He has struggled in the last 2 years in the playoffs. Dont get me wrong I think Wilson is good and I would take him on my team Im just not as high on him as some are. I rather have the 2 younger guys who looked good playing on bad teams.
Good defense or not, Wilson is still averaging 8.1 yards per attempt and 8.4 yards per attempt in the playoffs and manages to get 38 rush yards a game. Wilson did have a bad game against Carolina but Winston had 6 INTs against Carolina and generally padded his stats against Jax, Wash and Philly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I was surprised that purguy had Wilson as high as he did. I'm guessing he figured that was as low as he could reasonably put him and get away with it.

I like how he puts two guys above him that have all of zero playoffs snaps based on Wilson's, a Super Bowl winner, playoff performances over the past 2 years.
Well if you saw both of my posts you would see that them being younger helps. Im not saying they are better right now then Wilson. Stop being a homer. I Both players play on bad teams and have done well so far. Their upside and age is what I like about them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I see Wilson as a young QB anymore. I just see him as a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense or not, Wilson is still averaging 8.1 yards per attempt and 8.4 yards per attempt in the playoffs and manages to get 38 rush yards a game. Wilson did have a bad game against Carolina but Winston had 6 INTs against Carolina and generally padded his stats against Jax, Wash and Philly.
Yeah but he was a Rookie. Did wilson win rookie of the year? Again its just my opinion. Im just not as high on Wilson as some are. I would rather take the upside and youth of those 2 over Wilson. Wilson having the best D has helped him in a major way. Again this is no Bash on Wilson so dont make it like that. I do think he is a good QB and he is in my Top 4 so I dont see an issue.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you saw both of my posts you would see that them being younger helps. Im not saying they are better right now then Wilson. Stop being a homer. I Both players play on bad teams and have done well so far. Their upside and age is what I like about them.

I understand what you are saying. I understand why you like them better and why you put Kaep as your 11th young QB.

Homer indeed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but Bradford did
Bradford is pointless in this conversation. Again Im looking at if Im building a team and I would pick the Upside of those 2 and youth over Wilson. I know what these 2 QBs can so with a bad team. I dont know what Wilson can do with a bad team. Imagine if Seattle had a bad to avg D these last couple of year. Wilson might be out of the league now or just an Avg QB. No one knows. He was thrown into a perfect situation. This year we saw the D dip a little and BOOM they went 10-6. Big difference then the last 2 years.