• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the young QBs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is renowned for protecting the ball with or without a lead. He's had a couple of game that were exceptions of course but overall Wilson doesn't throw many picks because he's very smart with the ball, not because Sherman, Bennett , and Wagner are watching him from the bench.

Yes, Wilson is generally safe with the football. We can even call that his QBing temperament, if you will.

YET IT STILL APPLIES TO HIM. What I said above is correct and you are wrong.

Now I'm going to make an assumption here, I'm going to guess you are a grown man since you've seemingly moved out of diapers and are typing on the internet (not that they are mutually exclusive). As a partially grown man, do you enjoy still being spoonfed?

Interceptions Ahead = 1 every 54.5 attempts
Interceptions Behind = 1 every 40.5 attempts

I told you this information was available for you and you still repeated your wrong ass self.

God damn, Seahawks fans are some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. And so defensive too. As if they're aware, if only subconsciously, that they come from an inferior part of the country.

Consider the mic dropped. I don't have time to school you all day. Go learn some things for yourself.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck, then...

everbody else...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wilson is generally safe with the football. We can even call that his QBing temperament, if you will.

Now I'm going to make an assumption here, I'm going to guess you are a grown man since you've seemingly moved out of diapers and are typing on the internet (not that they are mutually exclusive). As a partially grown man, do you enjoy still being spoonfed?

I told you this information was available for you and you still repeated your wrong ass self.

God damn, Seahawks fans are some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet. And so defensive too. As if they're aware, if only subconsciously, that they come from an inferior part of the country.

Consider the mic dropped. I don't have time to school you all day. Go learn some things for yourself.

So to reiterate...

For emphasis and clarity...

Nothing makes a QBs job easier than a great defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they don't matter. I just don't pretend they tell the whole story. You go by what your eyes tell you when you watch a player. And Bringing up pre-draft pedigree is just silly. Who would even say that?

Luck wasn't healthy and his team sucked. The record thing by QB is also playing with numbers unless you look at who they played, but by your simplistic line of thinking Tony Romo is the best QB in the league I guess...

I'm not getting the Tony Romo thing.

I'm all for bringing in more variables to define the quality of a player. But let's make sure we are using objective standards rather than subjective ones.

The Colts defense, for instance, has NOT be terrible. It may not be an elite defense but it has been far from terrible. 306 points allowed in 2013. 336 points allowed in 2014. They did give up a bunch of points this year but the team was in disarray for a variety of reasons.

What I really don't like is the "Luck and 52 losers" argument that seems to be so common among some Luck apologists.

Luck very well might be the best QB of his generation. But HE hasn't played like that yet. His defense isn't the reason why coughs the ball up so much.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be more wrong. It changes all of that. It changes what he has to do to win. Completely changes it.

That you don't think it changes interceptions is mindboggling. You don't think a QB down 3 scores has to take more chances to try to win? Go look at some stats of guys when they're trailing and when they're ahead. All the information is readily available for you to become more aware about the game of football and correct yourself.

Youre glossing over something. How often do you see a team down 3 scores in a game where the QB play hasnt already been awful? If youre down three scores your offense has probably already turned the ball over twice that day.

This is the argument with Luck. People say, "well he turns the ball over more because of his poor defense and he has to fight them back in to games where theyre down big". But that would mean that he would have more interceptions in the 2nd half, right? Well he doesnt, he has as many as has in 1st halves.

Yes, defense is huge as far dictating offensive efficiency. But vice versa is also true.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to reiterate...

For emphasis and clarity...

Nothing makes a QBs job easier than a great defense.

Yeah and water is wet and the sky is blue.

The 80s/90s 49ers had a great defense. Does that mean that Joe Montana wasn't that great a QB?

Regardless of how good the other players on a QB's team are, it still comes down to his play.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy hell man relax. We're just discussing football and then you have this little temper tantrum because I have a different opinion than you do? Come back when you're capable of having a reasonable conversation.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck's first 4 seasons: 1 int / game avg.

Peyton's first 4 seasons: 1.27 int / game avg.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell man relax. We're just discussing football and then you have this little temper tantrum because I have a different opinion than you do? Come back when you're capable of having a reasonable conversation.

Ok. It's easy to play QB with a great defense.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Russell Wilson
2. Cam Newton (5)
3. Derek Carr (2)
4. Andy Dalton
5. Andrew Luck (3)
6. Jameis Winston
7. Blake Bortes (NR)
8. Marcus Mariota (7)
9. Tyrod Taylor
10. Teddy Bridgewater

I think its pretty safe to say that Cam had a pretty good year with fairly lackluster weapons.
I don't know, it seemed that Newton had great pass-blocking O-Line, which arguably is the best weapon of all for a QB.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

E-nut declares himself the smartest guy in the room.

Surprise, surprise!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh e-nut getting his superior on is sort of his default setting.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-nut declares himself the smartest guy in the room.

Surprise, surprise!

I just put a few simple facts together. Anyone could do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An assertion is not a fact.

If it is easy to play QB with a great defense then QB play wouldn't matter. You really want to stick with that assertion?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your logic is as ever, fool-proof. So simple, thus anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you must therefore be stupid.

Smartest.guy.in.the.room.

Funny how that keeps happening eh?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An assertion is not a fact.

If it is easy to play QB with a great defense then QB play wouldn't matter. You really want to stick with that assertion?
If you'd like to ask questions you can start by not misrepresenting what I have said.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, it seemed that Newton had great pass-blocking O-Line, which arguably is the best weapon of all for a QB.

You may be right, but I don't see how this is possible with Michael Oher as his LT.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you'd like to ask questions you can start by not misrepresenting what I have said.

Oh you didn't say "It's easy to play QB with a great defense."?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious that Seahawks' fans think they can possibly win an argument with a Philly fan.