• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking NFL head coaches

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at this logic: hes not a very good coach, he just wins a lot of games because he has lots of talent.

I cant believe how naive some fans are about the game of football. Particularly about player development and utilization.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jimmy Johnson wasnt a very good coach. Just lucky that all that talent fell in to his lap. What exactly is player development and schematic utilization?" - jarrnt

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jimmy Johnson wasnt a very good coach. Just lucky that all that talent fell in to his lap. What exactly is player development and schematic utilization?" - jarrnt
:crazy:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why free agency and the draft are so tough as far as meeting expectations. Because developing players and putting them in proper position to be their best is a very tough thing to do. This isnt Basketball.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asked my opinion on where I would put him and thats why I said that. Read a little. It could help...

There is more to winning than any one person. I thought they won because of their defense, no because of Wilson, now because of Carroll? So the next thread is about punters and you use the same reasoning to say he's the best in the league too? I go by what I see and Carroll has never impressed me. Those USC teams were friggin loaded. He was an amazing recruiter, but that's not the topic and If anything he underperformed with some of those teams and left them with sanctions that they haven't recovered from. Seattle won with a great defense. If you are saying Carroll is the one that picked all those players he can be ranked highly in the next GM thread, but a differently thread from a while back Schneider was getting that credit. You guys will defend any anti-Seattle comment like your life was threatened. I don't think he is a very good coach. Deal with it. He is a good players coach, but that's not everything.

No he's not the one who solely picked them, he did have input. But he's the one who coached up a Canadien football league cast off into a pro bowler, a 5th round corner who was a WR in college into an all pro, a 6th round corner into the highest paid corner in FA this past year. a 5th round over sized safety into the best SS in the game....... It's not like he was given a bunch of first round all americans. Earl Thomas on the D is a first roundder, thats it...

He's also the guy who was able to coach up a maniac at RB. Who's previous team all but dumped..... He also had the balls to go with the 3rd round qb who is too short over the highly paid Free agent......

But yes, he's not a good coach.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any major risers or fallers for these coaching ranks for this year? Seems like the top-5 or so stay pretty consistent and the rest are just all over the board depending on the flavor of the week.

I will be the homer though and think Kubiak will rise up pretty darn quick. He kept the team going even among a QB controversy throughout the entire season. Had the team more than prepared for every playoff game and found ways to make good decisions at the end of games to help the team pull out the most wins by a touchdown or less in a single season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this year, I'd probably rank the top 10 with possibly some homerism...

1) Hoody
2) Carroll; his ability to develop talent is really underrated, Imo
3) Rivera; aggressive, creative, and more than unafraid to push the envelope on 4th down.
4) Arians; Impressed by his ability to adapt his offense as well as to game management.
5) Reid; flaws are very well documented, but when you look under the hood, it's really pretty difficult to argue he's not amongst the very best coaches in the league. As much as his passing tendencies have been hyped, he's brought more creativity in the running game than I would have initially envisioned.
6) John Harbaugh; very clean and efficient with what he's given, even if it's not all that great.
7) Mike McCarthy; pretty clean record for the most part. Not particularly sure how well he'd do with someone not named Rodgers as his QB.
8) Mike Tomlin; like Harbaugh, he has done pretty well even when the talent level probably in reality wasn't all that great. Should have a chance to bounce back up if Tomlin can put the finishing touches on the rebuild on defense.
9) Mike Zimmer; he's really done an excellent job so far, he's the next big time coach in this league, imo.
10) Marvin Lewis; bad coaches aren't able to develop all the talent Lewis has been given. Spare the impassioned "but he doesn't win the playoffs" speeches.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the NFL coaches 1-32: No easy choices, except at No. 1 - CBSSports.com

Anyone have any issues with this? I think Marvin Lewis is too low. I also think Del Rio is too low.

These lists are ludicrous, there are so many intangibles to be addressed, it's impossible....
BB is #1 if you look at SB wins, although he has been fined for cheating and had Tom Brady, caching !!!
Pete has done well with the Hawks but how about his 2 previous failed stints, you don't count them ?
McCarthy, well Bret Favre and AR, nuff said....
Tomlin and Harbs hit on first time out as a HC, and each have as many SB rings as Pete and FatMac, so why are they lower rated....
Let me shorten this up for you, it's about popularity, good or bad doesn't matter if the numbers are in the neighborhood.....
Pro Bowl, and HOF are in the same category now a days.....They are swayed by the lime light, plain and simple...

BB
Coughlin
Harbs
Tomlin or reverse with Harbs
Carrol
etc........Would look more feasible to me considering their accomplishments as a whole....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any major risers or fallers for these coaching ranks for this year? Seems like the top-5 or so stay pretty consistent and the rest are just all over the board depending on the flavor of the week.

I will be the homer though and think Kubiak will rise up pretty darn quick. He kept the team going even among a QB controversy throughout the entire season. Had the team more than prepared for every playoff game and found ways to make good decisions at the end of games to help the team pull out the most wins by a touchdown or less in a single season.

Maybe but u have to consider all the yrs he was in Houston and won 1 playoff game cd....
Not impressive at all, this one was with a D that took over games, that was Wade, not Kubes....