• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank what you expect to be on O and D this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears
Offense rank 22.
Defensive rank 1.

I think well take a huge leap forward on offense and be just below average and on def well, you guys are in trouble.
Name your team and tell me where you expect each unit to be ranked at or near.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense top 5, Defense hopefully top 10. The defensive potential is there but it's been there for a few years going into each season, only to disappoint.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs

Offense: 1

Defense: 14

Offense is the best in the NFL top to bottom, hands down. Andy Reid is calling the plays. Don't think there's much of a weakness at this point outside of the interior OL and the injury plague. Locked and loaded.

Defense will be much improved against the run from the interior as Nnadi and Saunders continue to develop along with Pennell to continue the improvement against inside runs from the 2019 season. Willie Gay at least gives the Chiefs some kind of response against outside runs and in coverage against RB's, moreso then before. The CB's lack high end potential, probably not any better than average unless Ward and Fenton each take bigger jumps than I think they will. With Breeland being suspended, the CB's are a potential liability and are thin with any kind of injury at this point. That, along with the lack of a true starter at the EDGE opposite Clark is a problem that will prevent the defense from being better than mediocre. It would be potentially fatal with a lesser offense, but that's not the case here. Postseason? Very possible. Dealbreaker for a SB? Nope.

Bears

Offense: 20

Defense: 8

Offense will be better just because Foles is playing some games, but he's not likely to last a whole season and he himself just isn't that good. Just not enough firepower all around on offense to make this work as a SB contender. Possible playoff team, but that's mostly predicated on the defense, which should still be pretty darn good. Defense is always fickle however year to year, so it's tough to be too overly confident in it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense top 5

Defense mid pack.

All new coaching really dont have a clue. but even if our defense starts to turn it around, gonna be a couple years before I can predict a top 10 defense.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams:
Offense 16
Defense 22

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats
offense=20
defense=1:suds:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Offense: 8th

The big thing about us is Metcalf's learning curve because we are trying to incorporate more routes in his tree.

Defense: 14th

Big thing with us is how the rookies are going to adjust to the NFL game. Especially Alton Robinson and Darrell Taylor. That is if we don't find a pass Rusher in FA

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last year, if I'm looking at this correctly, the Chiefs were 5th in Scoring Offense and 7th in Scoring Defense. Chiefs kicked a lot of Field Goals last year and when they got to the playoffs they scored TDs. They also have holes at CB but last year they were decimated on the dline. Chiefs also play the NFC South this year so I'm expecting more points on both sides.

If we're strictly talking about points scored, I'm thinking:

Offense - 2nd
Defense - 8th

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Offense: 8th

The big thing about us is Metcalf's learning curve because we are trying to incorporate more routes in his tree.

Defense: 14th

Big thing with us is how the rookies are going to adjust to the NFL game. Especially Alton Robinson and Darrell Taylor. That is if we don't find a pass Rusher in FA

I think our defense will be around 20, personally... offense top 10 but between 5-10 sounds about right.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs

Offense: 1

Defense: 14

Offense is the best in the NFL top to bottom, hands down. Andy Reid is calling the plays. Don't think there's much of a weakness at this point outside of the interior OL and the injury plague. Locked and loaded.

Defense will be much improved against the run from the interior as Nnadi and Saunders continue to develop along with Pennell to continue the improvement against inside runs from the 2019 season. Willie Gay at least gives the Chiefs some kind of response against outside runs and in coverage against RB's, moreso then before. The CB's lack high end potential, probably not any better than average unless Ward and Fenton each take bigger jumps than I think they will. With Breeland being suspended, the CB's are a potential liability and are thin with any kind of injury at this point. That, along with the lack of a true starter at the EDGE opposite Clark is a problem that will prevent the defense from being better than mediocre. It would be potentially fatal with a lesser offense, but that's not the case here. Postseason? Very possible. Dealbreaker for a SB? Nope.

Bears

Offense: 20

Defense: 8

Offense will be better just because Foles is playing some games, but he's not likely to last a whole season and he himself just isn't that good. Just not enough firepower all around on offense to make this work as a SB contender. Possible playoff team, but that's mostly predicated on the defense, which should still be pretty darn good. Defense is always fickle however year to year, so it's tough to be too overly confident in it.

Damn you.....

Jags

Offense: 23rd

The big things for them are:

A) Is Minshew a starting QB? I'm unsure so that scares me ALOT
B) Can Fournette return to his old form? Again unsure
C) Can Laviska Shenault Jr. be a #1? Would help Minshew alot

Defense: 10th

I like alot of what we did in the draft. How it translates to NFL is ?????

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too conservative, top 15 each
The Rams O-Line was #31 last season. The Rams have chose to bring exactly the same players back for 2020. It is possible some could improve but Whitworth will be 39 and at some point his play might fall off a cliff. Gurley and Cooks had career worst seasons but Akers with no new WR help isn't a net plus. The Rams have a top 3 secondary on paper and great depth. The team should also be improved at tackling. The weakness is having 6 no-names play alongside Donald in the front 7. Maybe that's unfair. Individually they're all solid players but there's no visible pass rush and that will be crucial. No pass rush - no defense. The kicker is a brutal division and an unfairly biased schedule. Reverse the schedule and you could upgrade 3 or 4 places from both rankings.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams O-Line was #31 last season. The Rams have chose to bring exactly the same players back for 2020. It is possible some could improve but Whitworth will be 39 and at some point his play might fall off a cliff. Gurley and Cooks had career worst seasons but Akers with no new WR help isn't a net plus. The Rams have a top 3 secondary on paper and great depth. The team should also be improved at tackling. The weakness is having 6 no-names play alongside Donald in the front 7. Maybe that's unfair. Individually they're all solid players but there's no visible pass rush and that will be crucial. No pass rush - no defense. The kicker is a brutal division and an unfairly biased schedule. Reverse the schedule and you could upgrade 3 or 4 places from both rankings.

1. We were 11th in scoring and 17th in points allowed, 7th in yards and 13th in yards allowed, last year. Even with the offensive line being an inexperienced mash unit. Which is pretty impressive considering we had the hardest schedule in football. Not to mention the offensive line allowed the least amount of sacks last season. A lot of young guys got much needed experience and got better as the season went, the Rams were averaging 30 ppg the last 5 games even with playing Seahawks and 49ers in that stretch.

2. I agree the pass rush looks bad at paper, but it looked bad on paper last year too. Yet the Rams were number in pressures. Going to have to expect the young guys to step up and get sacks schematically. Terrell Lewis is worth keeping an eye, 1st round talent, 3rd round injury. Stsy healthy and he will produce.

3. Van Jefferson is new Wr help, he is a sick route runner. College or pros if you're a great route runner, you will get open.

4. People are overestimating the Gurley lost, sure he was a good player in a great scheme. But he is replaceable, Akers will have the better year.

5. Kicker is question mark, no doubt.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We were 11th in scoring and 17th in points allowed, 7th in yards and 13th in yards allowed, last year. Even with the offensive line being an inexperienced mash unit. Which is pretty impressive considering we had the hardest schedule in football. Not to mention the offensive line allowed the least amount of sacks last season. A lot of young guys got much needed experience and got better as the season went, the Rams were averaging 30 ppg the last 5 games even with playing Seahawks and 49ers in that stretch.

2. I agree the pass rush looks bad at paper, but it looked bad on paper last year too. Yet the Rams were number in pressures. Going to have to expect the young guys to step up and get sacks schematically. Terrell Lewis is worth keeping an eye, 1st round talent, 3rd round injury. Stsy healthy and he will produce.

3. Van Jefferson is new Wr help, he is a sick route runner. College or pros if you're a great route runner, you will get open.

4. People are overestimating the Gurley lost, sure he was a good player in a great scheme. But he is replaceable, Akers will have the better year.

5. Kicker is question mark, no doubt.
I didn't mean 'Kicker' as in the position I meant kicker as in final determining point. The division and schedule will massively downgrade the Rams rankings. 16 + 22 for an overall 38 belies our talent. Given a 'fair' 3rd place schedule in an AFC division and we'd be nearer 28 overall. I was going to edit the post to make it clearer but it was outside the time limit and I didn't want to post again just to clarify it.

I was also very unfair on Jefferson so I deserved to be pulled up on that. Jefferson should develop into a good WR but it will probably take time. Akers is projected to get significant playing time as a rookie. That said I don't believe Akers and Jefferson are a 2020 upgrade on the 2019 Gurley and Cooks combination.

The O-Line was a mess. The sack total hides that rather than disproves it. Edwards' 1st game was his best game. Evans' 1st game was his best game. Both struggled later in the season, which is typical for rookies. Both got poor PFF ratings. In theory both should improve, but historically that hasn't been the case for 2nd year Rams OL. It's also offset by expected deterioration in Whitworth's play. At least there is better depth which should terminate Demby's unwarranted career in the NFL. The Rams O-Line was aided by veteran skill player depth and an aggressive defense. I don't expect that help in 2020. The bigger factor should be the coaching. McVay and Kromer were overloaded by the short-staffing in 2019. Having an OC, (even if he doesn't turn out to be very good), in 2020 will be a plus.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos O: 13
Broncos D: 6

Offense is hard to gauge with so many young pieces, but the D in year two of Fangio with Miller and hopefully healthy Chubb should still be good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense 4
Defense 15

Offense should be elite with the healthy return of some key pieces and a few nice additions

Defense added a good DE and a nice DT to go with Grady. The return of Neal and Allen along with the add of Terrell should help the secondary a lot

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles
Offense 5
Defense 8

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds shark has the Cowboys rated 6th offense 9th defense
I would take that all day.
Dont think the Cowboys will be a top 10 defense unless everything went right. or the offense controls that much TOP.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: Top 5, even though I think the turnovers make tick down some.

Offense: No fucking clue. Could realistically see anywhere from pretty good to abysmal depending on Ben's elbow. I'm getting some 2015 Broncos with Peyton Manning vibes from them though, so better than last year but not Killer B's good. There's so many "ifs" that are within the realm of possibility where if they all break right this team's offense could be pretty good, but the problem is there's so many of those fucking "ifs" and I'm not counting on them all happening at the same time.

Last edited: