• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers welcome COL to the Grill for a rare M-W set to close out August: 8/30-9/1

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our bullpen will blow it today.

I can understand that if we ball out and Hearn, taveras, and peters identify themselves as pieces of the future. I’d just like this to not be some kind fluke where we get no development and worse draft positioning.

This bullpen always has a chance to blow games. I was pretty surprised they didn't blow last night.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bullpen always has a chance to blow games. I was pretty surprised they didn't blow last night.
They're working on blowing this one.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the way Nate goes opposite field

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave and CJ should be DFA'd or put on waivers.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is nothing but luck.

We can't affect how the other teams play, we can't predict who gets picked ahead of our pick, and we can't predict how our pick performs compared to others. The Rangers could make every effort to throw the rest of the season, end up with the #1 pick, pick the absolute correct player, and that player could end up a bust.

I would like the best possible pick as well, but our current players are still playing to win games this season. Plus, I've always thought it was ridiculous to give Bogar credit for the uptick in player performances at the end of that season.
Bogar played the vets as opposed to young players that needed reps. This is the difference I see. Going into that draft there were 3 really good shortstops who were going 123. Bogar was looking to get a contract

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks are up early.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogar played the vets as opposed to young players that needed reps. This is the difference I see. Going into that draft there were 3 really good shortstops who were going 123. Bogar was looking to get a contract

That didn't work out well for him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the Diamondbacks lately, they have to have a worse pen than ours.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back at those boxes scores and you will see that that is not how it happened. Wash was the guy who was guilty of not playing the young guys, but even he didn't have much of a chance that year. Too many vets went down to injury.

I just looked at the box scores after Bogar took over and just before. Bogar's lineups included Martin, Rua, Smolinski, Robertson, Sardinas and eventually Tells. Those guys played a lot. Even Elvis was still fairly young at the time.

I am not sure if it was injury related or what, but Rios disappeared from the lineups about the time Bogar took over.

I have seen you state that about Bogar before and just didn't remember it that way. When I looked it up it appears you must be remembering it wrong.

The results seem to indicate that Bogar got more out of them than Wash in late 2014, and like I said earlier, that was probably more on Wash than Bogar.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back at those boxes scores and you will see that that is not how it happened. Wash was the guy who was guilty of not playing the young guys, but even he didn't have much of a chance that year. Too many vets went down to injury.

I just looked at the box scores after Bogar took over and just before. Bogar's lineups included Martin, Rua, Smolinski, Robertson, Sardinas and eventually Tells. Those guys played a lot. Even Elvis was still fairly young at the time.

I am not sure if it was injury related or what, but Rios disappeared from the lineups about the time Bogar took over.

I have seen you state that about Bogar before and just didn't remember it that way. When I looked it up it appears you must be remembering it wrong.

The results seem to indicate that Bogar got more out of them than Wash in late 2014, and like I said earlier, that was probably more on Wash than Bogar.
Yes that is how I remember it. Will have to see who was on the bench and I thought there were players who needed to get their first shots who didn’t but of course my memory may be selective on a few games that stood out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that is how I remember it. Will have to see who was on the bench and I thought there were players who needed to get their first shots who didn’t but of course my memory may be selective on a few games that stood out
As you can see from that list of who played, we didn't have a whole lot of young guys worth too much. Rua was probably the best and he played just about every day under Bogar.