• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Visit Diamondbacks With Draft Implications September 22-23

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear passing of Gail Sayers. Brian's Song was greatness
When I heard about his passing away I was thinking his name is just not mentioned as much as it should be when speaking of former players. The guy was electric.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notable free agents for 2021-22
Catcher:
Salvador Perez, Wilson Ramos
First base: Freddie Freeman, Anthony Rizzo, Brandon Belt, Matt Carpenter (vesting option)
Second base: Kolten Wong, Dee Gordon (vesting option)
Third base: Nolan Arenado (opt-out), Kris Bryant, Eduardo Escobar
Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story
Outfield: Michael Conforto, Tommy Pham, Starling Marte, Kyle Schwarber, Andrew McCutchen (club option)
Designated hitter: Khris Davis
Starting pitchers: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Chris Archer, Mike Foltynewicz
Relievers: Kenley Jansen, Brad Hand, Jeurys Familia, Corey Knebel, Archie Bradley, Raisel Iglesias, Roberto Osuna, Zack Britton (club option)

If all the players in line for free agency in the 2021-22 offseason actually reach the open market, it might be one of the best classes ever.
There are some big money names and some we could use. Let' s see what our owners do. or not.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catcher:
First base: Freddie Freeman, Anthony Rizzo, Brandon Belt, Matt Carpenter (vesting option)
Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story
Outfield: Michael Conforto, Tommy Pham, Starling Marte, Kyle Schwarber, Andrew McCutchen (club option)
Starting pitchers: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Chris Archer, Mike Foltynewicz
Relievers: Kenley Jansen, Brad Hand, Jeurys Familia, Corey Knebel, Archie Bradley, Raisel Iglesias, Roberto Osuna, Zack Britton (club option)

If all the players in line for free agency in the 2021-22 offseason actually reach the open market, it might be one of the best classes ever.
true but we won't participate

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard about his passing away I was thinking his name is just not mentioned as much as it should be when speaking of former players. The guy was electric.
His style has never been duplicated. Smooth as they come.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catcher:

Freeman is a hitting machine, a number of good players at SS, Syndergaard is from Texas and just 28 and if healthy would be a great pickup. Conforto has power and hits with an average around 250-270. Kershaw of course a Texas native is 32 and still can pitch but this is his 13th year in MLB. Scherzer can still get it done but he is 36 so I would not want to spend a bunch of money on him. Not really that interested in the others.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree especially on Apostel. The guy cannot even make contact. We need to give him a couple of years.
well as we have no intention of competing why not carry him as our backup 3B/1B behind IKF and Guzman and allow him to develop with the team? we're going to go that route with a number of players next season probably Taveras, Tejeda, maybe Huff and maybe White so carrying Apostel could be a good learning platform

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as we have no intention of competing why not carry him as our backup 3B/1B behind IKF and Guzman and allow him to develop with the team? we're going to go that route with a number of players next season probably Taveras, Tejeda, maybe Huff and maybe White so carrying Apostel could be a good learning platform
I really hope that we make moves and of course there is no guarantee of that so that Taveras and Tejada get the majority of the playing time. If we are able to have a minor league system next year Huff and Apostel need to be there so that they get many ABs. Same with Taveras and Tejeda as I really do not want them sitting on the bench and getting ABs sparingly. It works out great for them now because they are playing almost everyday.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that we make moves and of course there is no guarantee of that so that Taveras and Tejada get the majority of the playing time. If we are able to have a minor league system next year Huff and Apostel need to be there so that they get many ABs. Same with Taveras and Tejeda as I really do not want them sitting on the bench and getting ABs sparingly. It works out great for them now because they are playing almost everyday.
You nailed it. These kids can play in the field but they need to be hitting. Not sure if we will have a minor league but these guys need to be given all the time playing no matter where they will be. Got high hopes for these guys.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't carry any of our prospects to ride the bench. They need to be playing every day somewhere.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but we won't participate
Do you think we will never try to acquire a good free agent? I can't really blame you if you think that, but I sure hope you are wrong.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't carry any of our prospects to ride the bench. They need to be playing every day somewhere.
Getting rid of A Rod Fielder and Choo might make money more available. But who really Knows? If they want to win then they will have to spend big. We just d not know what they want.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we had alternatives for CF and catcher i could agree with you about Taveras and Huff but we don't have anyone except Trevino at C and Mathis is a 1-dimensional player who doesn't bring anything to the plate and other than an oft-injured Santana we have no one to play CF except White, Heineman and Solak who are all average to below average CF'ers. Considering that Andrus is on the downward slide Tejada should be starting at SS, Solak should be starting at 2B, IKF at 3B. Guzman at 1B.

DH Calhoun
1B Guzman
2B Solak
SS Tejeda
3B IKF
C Trevino
LF Santana
CF Taveras
RF Gallo

Bench
Apostel 3B/1B
Andrus SS/3B
Huff C
White 2B/SS/OF

of course we have to unload Odor in some way shape or form

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of A Rod Fielder and Choo might make money more available. But who really Knows? If they want to win then they will have to spend big. We just d not know what they want.
We have not been paying much for ARod for quite some time and Fielder's payments have been helped by the insurance to some degree.

This club could have spent a lot more this season had they wanted to. This market and new stadium could have borne a lot bigger budget. With Covid all of that is lessened to a large degree for 2021, but by 2022 things should be back to normal budget-wise. We haven"t been at normal in a very long time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we will never try to acquire a good free agent? I can't really blame you if you think that, but I sure hope you are wrong.
i don't believe that we will in 2021 maybe in 2022

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not been paying much for ARod for quite some time and Fielder's payments have been helped by the insurance to some degree.

This club could have spent a lot more this season had they wanted to. This market and new stadium could have borne a lot bigger budget. With Covid all of that is lessened to a large degree for 2021, but by 2022 things should be back to normal budget-wise. We haven"t been at normal in a very long time.
For the record the Rangers will still be making payments to ARod until he is 50 yrs old in 2025.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record the Rangers will still be making payments to ARod until he is 50 yrs old in 2025.

Was thinking we were done with ARod