• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to Yankee Stadium to play the Jeter-less Yankees

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost a lot of respect for Marvin Hudson after the Bryce Harper thing the other day, not sure about his actual umpiring, but that was pretty terrible behavior from an umpire

Like I've said, too many of them are worried about their egos and being shown up. They're going to rule that baseball diamond and let the actual game itself be damned. No respect for too many of them for that reason precisely.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost a lot of respect for Marvin Hudson after the Bryce Harper thing the other day, not sure about his actual umpiring, but that was pretty terrible behavior from an umpire

That was pretty absurd and Marvin was out of line in that one

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty absurd and Marvin was out of line in that one

I agree.

However, let's do keep in mind it was Bryce Harper, and he seems to bring out the worst in most everyone.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

However, let's do keep in mind it was Bryce Harper, and he seems to bring out the worst in most everyone.

True. The punk is all of 22 and has never turned in anything close to an MVP season to this point, yet acts like he owns baseball. That act may have been a culmination of Marvin saying, "I've had enough of your antics, you little shit."

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take better pitching/hitting and let the other team have all the poor umpiring, luck/fate/bad bounces, etc. and we'll see ya in the playoffs, if not WS IMO.

I contacted MLB last year about the state of umpiring in our beloved game and was told flatly, "you'll have to take that up with the Umpires. They have their own union and representatives and we only - negotiate - with them."

Ain't that a note? And guys like Joe West and Kulpa should've been terminated long before now.

Maybe something we can get the Justice Department or IRS to investigate. They stick their nose into everything else that's none of their business why not MLB balls and strikes?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, if I had to rank these guys on the "Worthless Scale" it'd be (1) West (2) Hernandez (3) Kulpa. Until someone else brings up another worthy candidate I've forgotten.

Need to get the PLAYERS UNION to take on the umpire union.

Teams through their union rep vote the top five and the bottom five umpires at end of season. Top five get assigned to a post season roster for the following season for next five years. Bottom five if they appear in the bottom five 2 seasons in a row -- they are sent packing to drive for UPS.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get the PLAYERS UNION to take on the umpire union.

Teams through their union rep vote the top five and the bottom five umpires at end of season. Top five get assigned to a post season roster for the following season for next five years. Bottom five if they appear in the bottom five 2 seasons in a row -- they are sent packing to drive for UPS.

I'd make a slight change to that. We've got the technology now to evaluate the percentage of calls umpires get accurately, including balls/strikes. Plug these numbers (taking into account borderline calls) into an algorithm that also takes into account the egotistical shit some of these umpires like to pull a la the voting process by the teams/player's Union. The top 5 get post season time for x number of years, maybe 3. The bottom 5 get sent to the minors, and the top 5 minor league umps get a call up. Call it, a relegation system of sorts. Then tell the umpire's Union to go fuck themselves.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make a slight change to that. We've got the technology now to evaluate the percentage of calls umpires get accurately, including balls/strikes. Plug these numbers (taking into account borderline calls) into an algorithm that also takes into account the egotistical shit some of these umpires like to pull a la the voting process by the teams/player's Union. The top 5 get post season time for x number of years, maybe 3. The bottom 5 get sent to the minors, and the top 5 minor league umps get a call up. Call it, a relegation system of sorts. Then tell the umpire's Union to go fuck themselves.

For me, it goes well beyond the ball/strike situation.

West and Hernandez are both punk bullies and treat the game and the teams like it's their own personal play-ground to do with as they please.

Baseball doesn't need, nor should they allow, umpires to create their own kingdoms in whatever park they happen to be in.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

West and Hernandez are both punk bullies and treat the game and the teams like it's their own personal play-ground to do with as they please.

Baseball doesn't need, nor should they allow, umpires to create their own kingdoms in whatever park they happen to be in.
Yeah and remember they don't wear badges. lol

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurry up and get this night game underway, been waiting 2 days for this one it seems

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree completely. That's why your give the player's Union a vote.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True donaldson but in reference to what Romeo mentioned in regards to technology I have mentioned there is no reason we could not use technology as a learned skill on recognition of the strike zone. Not saying they would be perfect but those outside pitches called a strike could be reduced.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the 1-5 guys have been doing their jobs for the better part of a couple weeks, why make changes to that, and just bat Josh 6th? Whats it really gonna hurt to let him get it going, down in the order behind MM? When something changes and someone cools off or the order isn't performing as currently aligned, then maybe you move him to the 2 or 5 hole. Right now just let him come back and get adjusted

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see Prince launch another HR, tonight

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the 1-5 guys have been doing their jobs for the better part of a couple weeks, why make changes to that, and just bat Josh 6th? Whats it really gonna hurt to let him get it going, down in the order behind MM? When something changes and someone cools off or the order isn't performing as currently aligned, then maybe you move him to the 2 or 5 hole. Right now just let him come back and get adjusted
Does seem to be predicated on his reputation. I would let him earn his way up the line up. He will be rusty.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN comment of the day........ Adrian Beltre hall of fame'r......maybe

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets launch Capuano quickly and get to the BP

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN comment of the day........ Adrian Beltre hall of fame'r......maybe

Guess there is no other options for viewing this one tonight, I will have to watch without the sound