• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to Yankee Stadium to play the Jeter-less Yankees

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo's was. Barely snuck over the 318' mark on the wall.

True....But left hand hitter, hits a homer to left, it is seldom cheap to me.

Besides, he was referring to the size of the park, and Yankee Stadium is only cheap for HRs in right.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing better than I expected. That's all I'm willing to give him at this point. Let's see where he is at the all star break. I'll be surprised if he's still hitting .300 or higher, has 10 HR or more, and if he's not on the DL.

The fact he's upright and producing at all is more than you expected. Com'on now.

But in all candor, this is the year Mitch needs to either produce/stay healthy, or else be gone. And frankly, I'd defended him all I could over the past 2 years, and pretty much was ready to move on.

However, you gotta love this Mitch Moreland, and we should ALL hope this is the player we'll get for the next X number of years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to watching the team on national TV tomorrow night. I've been very busy with work and haven't had as many opportunities to watch the team as I'd like.[/QUOTE:2cents:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....But left hand hitter, hits a homer to left, it is seldom cheap to me.

Besides, he was referring to the size of the park, and Yankee Stadium is only cheap for HRs in right.

So guess who there top HR hitters were last year. McCann, Tex, Gardner (17), Ellsbury and Beltran. I know some are SH but come on. Ellsbury never hit more than 10 except that one ridiculous year that I wonder about and Gardner? And Cano hit half as many HRs last year than his years at new Yankee stadium which last year was more in line to his HR totals at old Yankee stadium.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact he's upright and producing at all is more than you expected. Com'on now.

But in all candor, this is the year Mitch needs to either produce/stay healthy, or else be gone. And frankly, I'd defended him all I could over the past 2 years, and pretty much was ready to move on.

However, you gotta love this Mitch Moreland, and we should ALL hope this is the player we'll get for the next X number of years.

Hope so as well.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so as well.

He'll be arbitration eligible next season. So a lot may depend on how he does, both with the bat/health wise, and where the Rangers are around the trade deadline.

A good fielding 1st baseman, with a left handed, power bat may be very attractive to some teams in another few months.

But I think I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harry needs to be throwing 91-93 if he's going to look anything like he used to at the ML level.

Don't see why there would be a rush to sending him out on his rehab too early other than for his morale which counts too. Think pitchers get 30 days in the minors before team has to do something with them. But he just needs to be ready to pick up the ball at the deadline to fill either Gallardo or Rodriquez spots ... assuming TEX moves them for prospects. Harrison and Holland to replace Gallardo and Rodriquez I figure.

OT-- We may never see Detwiler again. Certainly not in an SP role. Haven't we seen this act before about three times in the past five years? I can't even remember their names any more.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see why there would be a rush to sending him out on his rehab too early other than for his morale which counts too. Think pitchers get 30 days in the minors before team has to do something with them. But he just needs to be ready to pick up the ball at the deadline to fill either Gallardo or Rodriquez spots ... assuming TEX moves them for prospects. Harrison and Holland to replace Gallardo and Rodriquez I figure.

OT-- We may never see Detwiler again. Certainly not in an SP role. Haven't we seen this act before about three times in the past five years? I can't even remember their names any more.

Detwiler probably winds up in the pen. I think they're saying holland probably won't be back till August.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Detwiler probably winds up in the pen. I think they're saying holland probably won't be back till August.

I guess Detwiler becomes the 2nd LHP in the bullpen maybe. Just looked on the TEX MLB site Injury Update. Reports Holland possibly after the AS break and Perez possibly July ... with Harrison possibly June still.

Wonder if there ever was a time with Yu, Colby, Harrison, Holland and Perez ever active at the same time? I don't think Nick wants to give up his spot in the rotation any time soon either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Detwiler becomes the 2nd LHP in the bullpen maybe. Just looked on the TEX MLB site Injury Update. Reports Holland possibly after the AS break and Perez possibly July ... with Harrison possibly June still.

Wonder if there ever was a time with Yu, Colby, Harrison, Holland and Perez ever active at the same time? I don't think Nick wants to give up his spot in the rotation any time soon either.

I don't think they're in a rush to get anyone back just yet. Just like you said, they may be looking for someone to take the ball right at the deadline from Gallardo/Wandy.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just woke up and saw the score...damn man. I missed a hell of baseball game.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read a lot fire Mags posts this month. I guess he gets a reprieve when Texas is one of the best offenses in May.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read a lot fire Mags posts this month. I guess he gets a reprieve when Texas is one of the best offenses in May.

I actually made a point to make a post about that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's only the month of May. Let's see how long this upturn in offense continues.

They've hit 32 homers this month vs 13 in April. It might even out a little, but damn it's been fun to watch this past few weeks.