• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers travel to Yankee Stadium to play the Jeter-less Yankees

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh, how about that. Harrison has learned to pitch with his right hand. Now that is one way to compensate for an injury to your left arm. LOL!

Missed that, but thats funny. CBS clowns

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Rua might be able to step in at 2b. Lineup could look like this.

Choo RF
DDJ CF
Fielder DH
Beltre 3B
Moreland 1b
Hamilton LF
Rua 2b
Chirinos C
Andrus SS

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bat the pitcher in EA spot

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Rua might be able to step in at 2b. Lineup could look like this.

Choo RF
DDJ CF
Fielder DH
Beltre 3B
Moreland 1b
Hamilton LF
Rua 2b
Chirinos C
Andrus SS

Where does that leave Martin? Granted he has struggled but that would make for a pretty expensive minor leaguer. Can Rua even play 2B?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you're referring to Buckel? What's the skinny on Beras? Didn't really understand the comment in the article about him not being on the team, but yet is working with the team.

Don, I cant find much on Beras

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bat the pitcher in EA spot

Ya know I looked at our schedule two days ago to see when we'd be playing in a NL park, and was thinking, "how about this to spank Elvis' ego, bat him 9th and the pitcher 8th."

But we don't have the Dodgers until the middle of next month.

In fairness to EA, that was one fantastic play he made last night.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don, I cant find much on Beras

Thanks for trying.

Couldn't find squat on him either. But thought the wording was odd, "not on the roster, but working out with the team." Honestly not even sure what this means.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where does that leave Martin? Granted he has struggled but that would make for a pretty expensive minor leaguer. Can Rua even play 2B?

Rua was drafted as a SS ... and primarily played 3b in the minors. He's played 106 games, 513 chances at 2b. Playing a lot of 2b is what happens when you are on the same roster as Gallo.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He used to play 2nd, but there are some obvious drawbacks to switching him again.

I'm not quite as down on Martin as some though. Granted, his baseball IQ is about the same as the ball itself. But he's got talent to go get the ball, and a canon for an arm.

He also seems to suffer from the EA disease a little as well. This bothers me a lot more than his brain farts in the batters box.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin is a bench player and late inning defensive sub. And yes, Rua has played a decent amount of 2b.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know I looked at our schedule two days ago to see when we'd be playing in a NL park, and was thinking, "how about this to spank Elvis' ego, bat him 9th and the pitcher 8th."

But we don't have the Dodgers until the middle of next month.

In fairness to EA, that was one fantastic play he made last night.

I was on the road, but I did see the replay of that play, and it was amazing that he could get that throw on target.
Exceptional play, now I will be happy when he makes the routine ones and doesnt have mental midget syndrome in the batters box.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Bowden has to say about who is most likely to be traded off our roster (scale is based on a 1-5):

i
Yovani Gallardo, RHP
Texas Rangers
Trade likeliness rating: 3
Best fit: Blue Jays

Interested teams: Astros, Blue Jays, Dodgers, Marlins

The Rangers traded top infield prospect, Luis Sardinas, to get Gallardo, a free agent-to-be, this past offseason, but if they're not in the race at the end of July, they'll try and get similar talent back for him. Their preference would be to get a solid starting pitching prospect in return.

He listed 20 guys and made no mention of AB.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the road, but I did see the replay of that play, and it was amazing that he could get that throw on target.
Exceptional play, now I will be happy when he makes the routine ones and doesnt have mental midget syndrome in the batters box.

It use to be he'd make a lot of fantastic plays and then muff a routine one. Now he makes few fantastic ones and still muffs the easy ones.

His bat - lack of actually - and mental loafing on defense has earned him an over-due attitude adjustment IMO.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All,

Thanks for the info on Rua at 2B, didn't know. I actually thought he was OF/1B for some reason. So is he good enough defensively to replace Field at 2B? If so, having his bat in there would be more helpful. Although he was slumping a bit before the injury I think.

As for DeShields replacing Martin when Josh comes up, I'm not sure if I like it or not. At this point trying anything is ok with me though I suppose. Having his speed off the bench would be good but I am not sure sending him down would be helpful at this point given it's his 3rd full season. Just needs to work a better batting coach than we currently have IMO. Really we need Martin to get it figured out, he is under control until 2019.

My expectations have been pretty low for this season all along. I really just want to see them get some of their core re-established and focused.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a demotion to AAA affects Martin like it has Odor ... might be a smart move.

I could see maybe a trip to the DL with a long rehab assignment but not a demotion to AAA. I could be wrong but I don't think you typically see players that are making close to $5M get sent down/demoted. Seen them get benched some though or the trip to the "DL" like I mentioned.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn has Leonyis fallin that far?

A lot of preseason bustout hype

Saw as much as 50 SB potential, but I guess you cant steal first

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea of sending Martin down has me wondering. Is there a rule/agreement with the union about sending a guy down after __________ amount of time at the ML level?

I'm not completely down on Martin as some are here. But at the same time, we've got a guy who has truly "earned" time in DeShields. Now you add in Choo, Blanks, and very soon Hamilton, someone's the odd-man-out for our OF. And the oddest man today is Leonys.

Besides that, if push-comes-to-shove, we can even use MM out there. Right Nightman? hahaha

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn has Leonyis fallin that far?

A lot of preseason bustout hype

Saw as much as 50 SB potential, but I guess you cant steal first

Ive been waiting on the bustout since 2013. Doesn't walk, swings at balls he cant hit, gets picked off and doesnt get good reads or jumps.

He has played better defense and has a hose in the OF. Should be a defensive replacement until DDJ starts regressing or Leonys gets moved at the AS break. Can we get Betances for Leonys and Gallardo?