• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Toronto for Four Games September 11-14

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney has better stuff but Bradford is cool as a cucumber. If he starts an inning with no men on base that is better. Not a big strikeout guy but induces soft contact
I didn't realize thus until I looked at his splits just now, but Bradford has not walked a batter in 18 relief innings this year.

He has improved as the year has progressed. In this go around, he has been great in relief, in a short sample size.

Those two just might be the best we can get, right now out in the pen.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize thus until I looked at his splits just now, but Bradford has not walked a batter in 18 relief innings this year.

He has improved as the year has progressed. In this go around, he has been great in relief, in a short sample size.

Those two just might be the best we can get, right now out in the pen.
i agree with you for now but come off season we'll have to get a whole lot better

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you for now but come off season we'll have to get a whole lot better
I definitely want to have two guys going into next year who can be relied on to close. Now, whether one of them is Heaney or not, I will reserve judgment to see, one, if we get the chance to see him in that role, and two, if he succeeds in that role if given the opportunity. He is an unknown in that role right now and I do not want to go into 2024 with an unknown in that role.

We are going to have to pay him a lot of money, so It would be great economically, if he works out to be a 9th inning guy. That is why I hope we get the chance to see him close some games this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely want to have two guys going into next year who can be relied on to close. Now, whether one of them is Heaney or not, I will reserve judgment to see, one, if we get the chance to see him in that role, and two, if he succeeds in that role if given the opportunity. He is an unknown in that role right now and I do not want to go into 2024 with an unknown in that role.

We are going to have to pay him a lot of money, so It would be great economically, if he works out to be a 9th inning guy. That is why I hope we get the chance to see him close some games this year.
i seriously doubt that Bochy will experiment with the idea while there's any chance of the playoffs and we probably will not know about our chances before the final series in Seattle. logic says that the chance is less than 1 in a million

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walcott struggled some in his short time in Hickory, so he will not be on their playoff roster. He is going to the Development List instead

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously doubt that Bochy will experiment with the idea while there's any chance of the playoffs and we probably will not know about our chances before the final series in Seattle. logic says that the chance is less than 1 in a million
I would see it less as experimenting and more of trying to find something that works. No one has proven lately that they can close consistently. He may have to "experiment" to find something that works. Not much has worked in the late innings of close games over the last several weeks.

Like it was necessary to try something different in the OF, it is necessary to try something different out of the pen, late in close games.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so too about 2 closer types but I’m between 95% and 100% sure that we will sign free agent relievers for the job. Going into 2024 we’re virtually going to have to build a bullpen from scratch experimenting will only end up like this year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JPM goes back down and smacks 2 HR in his first 2 at bats. No Demotion Depression from him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230912_132701_First Pitch.jpg

Another great outing from Zak Kent today. Over the last two seasons we have had two homegrown prospects be successful in AAA, in Cody Bradford and Zak Kent. It has been a very long time since that has been the case. It is probably the first time since Feliz and Holland were in AAA, where we have produced two over two seasons.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 340220

Another great outing from Zak Kent today. Over the last two seasons we have had two homegrown prospects be successful in AAA, in Cody Bradford and Zak Kent. It has been a very long time since that has been the case. It is probably the first time since Feliz and Holland were in AAA, where we have produced two over two seasons.
I can't remember the last pair before Feliz and Holland.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that I have liked Stratton 90% of the time and Perez has done a good job in the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stratton being a free agent, i will reserve judgment on if we should sign him until after I see what kind of relievers we successfully pursue. Since there are others just as good or better, they don't necessarily have to sign him to fix the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1