• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Miami to Play the Marlins May 31 - June 2

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing about that outing by Rosario today, is he struck out 11 in 6 innings, using only 66 pitches. 47 of them were strikes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game today. We needed that one after yesterday.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Acker pitches tonight. The better Leiter, Acker, and Teodo pitch the rest of the way, the bigger percentage of free agency money can be spent on relief pitching in a few months.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ronnie and Knizner fortunately contributed and guys moved runners
Wyatt made something happen with the bases loaded
LeClerc ok and Lorenson proves to be one of our better signings.
Good to get the win

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Acker pitches tonight. The better Leiter, Acker, and Teodo pitch the rest of the way, the bigger percentage of free agency money can be spent on relief pitching in a few months.
Acker's worst outing of the year. He gave two runs and never made it out of the first inning. An error made an already long inning even longer so they took him out after 36 pitches.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This minor league roundup show is a really good one. Jordan Tiegs is on with them for a few minutes. He is the upper level pitching coordinator. Then they had Alejandro Rosario on.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson about Johnny Cueto:

The out on his minor-league deal arrived Saturday, and the 16-year MLB veteran said he will give the Rangers 72 hours to make a decision on calling him up before he weighs other opportunities.

"I'm going to talk to my agent and see where I go from there," Cueto said.

He's coming off his finest start since joining Round Rock, tossing six scoreless innings Thursday. He said that his pitches had the action he'd been seeking, which told him he's ready to get big-league hitters out.

The outing was similar to a late-spring outing, one when pitchers put together everything they had been working on. He wanted to give the Rangers something to think about.

"I felt great, aggressive, and I felt the ball movement was exactly what I wanted it to be," said Cueto, who has a 2.50 ERA in four starts/18 innings with 15 strikeouts and two walks. "I felt dialed in, so that's why I was aggressive, to show them that I am ready to go."

The Rangers signed Cueto to a low-risk minor-league deal to see if he could help the big-league club at a time when the team was dealing with multiple injuries in the rotation. They still are, though right-hander Nathan Eovaldi returned Tuesday from the injured list and Jon Gray thinks he has a chance to return soon.

Eovaldi gives the Rangers five big-league starters along with left-hander Andrew Heaney and right-handers Michael Lorenzen, Dane Dunning and Jose Ureña. Lorenzen tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings Saturday in a 7-0 win at Miami, and Heaney is scheduled to start Sunday in the finale against the Marlins.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gray is ready to come back, I would then move both Heaney and Urena to the pen, and give Cueto a shot in the rotation. If Cueto falters then Heaney goes back to the rotation.

If not, at least bring up Cueto, and put him in the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Scherzer news from MLB.com

Scherzer threw around 25 pitches in a bullpen on Saturday before Texas’ 7-0 win over the Marlins. When he walked into the clubhouse Sunday morning, he gave two thumbs-up because he was able to throw without nerve pain. Depending on how his body recovers and conversations with the trainers, manager Bruce Bochy said Scherzer could potentially face live hitters on Monday.

“That’s completely determined on how I recover,” Scherzer said. “I feel great, finally turning the corner on this. … The check engine light just won’t go off, there’s something wrong with the engine, but we addressed it and now everything is firing on all cylinders.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from MLB.com:

LHP Cody Bradford (lower back strain/stress fracture on rib)
Expected return:
June

Bradford threw on flat ground on June 2. He originally landed on the injured list with a lower back strain after he was unable to throw a bullpen between starts. The original plan was for him to miss the minimum 15 days, but after further evaluations, doctors found a “very small” stress fracture on the 12th rib on the right side, according to manager Bruce Bochy.

The 26-year-old lefty had been Texas' best starter on the young season, having gone 3-0 with a 1.40 ERA over his first three starts.
Bochy said that while Bradford’s recovery has been a little slower than expected, the southpaw is starting to get over the hump.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahle will face live hitters tomorrow.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pitching makes a difference and it has today.