• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Houston For Three Games July 12-14

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Rangers winning this game because they have hit Hunter Brown hard in the past, but this is the future and this team is nowhere near where they were last year other than few games here and there scoring some runs.
I was excited about a potential turn around after winning 5 straight, but after 2 losses it’s back to the same ole team we have been watching all year.
Still too early for me to write this team off

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Rangers winning this game because they have hit Hunter Brown hard in the past, but this is the future and this team is nowhere near where they were last year other than few games here and there scoring some runs.
I was excited about a potential turn around after winning 5 straight, but after 2 losses it’s back to the same ole team we have been watching all year.
They just don't have a great 25 or 30 game stretch in them in seems. We'll, except for in the postseason.

Last edited:

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Joyce of the Angels hit 104.5 mph tonight. He also has a 95-97 sinker and 85-87 slider which he’s been locating better as of late. 13 scoreless innings in a row.

He also has a twin brother named Zach also drafted by the Angels.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle loses in extras to the Angels. Mitch Garver originally put Seattle on top with an RBI double. Crouse came in and got the last two outs to keep it a one run game. Willie Calhoun hit a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the Angels.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle loses in extras to the Angels. Mitch Garver originally put Seattle on top with an RBI double. Crouse came in and got the last two outs to keep it a one run game. Willie Calhoun hit a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the Angels.
Actually Crouse gave up a double to Garver to allow the go ahead run to score at the time.

The Astros are 1 game behind Seattle. 3 weeks ago they were 10 games behind.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Crouse gave up a double to Garver to allow the go ahead run to score at the time.

Oh, okay. I was just amazed that so many ex-Rangers figured into the outcome in the 10th.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you go 17-4, you can catch up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's his fastball like?
His arsenal is led by a mid-90s four-seam fastball that sits 93-94 mph and touches 96-97 with a flat vertical approach angle and hoppy shape.

That means he could throw a perfect game against this team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Round Rock Express manager, Doug Davis, on his 800th win.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had that feeling a week ago but we’re going on 95 games now and I don’t see consistency with the bats or the pitching.
Realistically they have to take the next 2 from Houston 2 from Balt 3 out of 4 from Chicago. 2 from Toronto and have a split with St.Louis by July 30 which is the deadline. That would put the team at 54-54. If they are within 5 games then maybe the team becomes buyers.
It’s hard to believe this team has a 10-4 stretch in them. For me they have to take these 2 from Houston before the break and get within 6 of Seattle. Then see what happens with the 12 games leading up to the deadline.
The team maybe chasing Houston for first after the break

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After that great 40-20 start to last year the Rangers have gone 94-101 in the regular season. I don't know what happened in those first 60 games last year, but it appears to have been an aberration.

Of course, the next game after that 40-20 start was the game where Bochy rested some guys before what was going to be a big series against the mighty Rays. Coincidence?!?! Who knows, but the mere mention of that being a possibility really, really ruffled some feathers of one person on this board, who is no longer with us.
Basically we have been a mediocre team for 195 games with the exception of the great start last year and amazing W.S. run. I appreciate that championship more and more everyday.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible Rangers Pick Preview

1B/OF PJ Morlando, Summerville

Morlando is listed at 6-3, 200 pounds. Like Mayfield and Sloan, Morlando was also named the Gatorade Player of the Year for his state of South Carolina. The left-handed hitter has a beautiful swing.

Futurestarseries.com’s writeup about Morlando had high praise for his hitting skills. “Morlando might be the most polished high school bat in the 2024 class with budding bat speed and high contact rates regardless of pitch type. Morlando has long had the bat speed to out-slug his peers, but it’s his mature approach and willingness to take the walk that has scouts raising eyebrows. The raw power here is already huge and should comfortably sit in the plus category at the highest level.”

Morlando ran into a problem this spring. He was so good that a lot of the competition refused to pitch to him. At one point he received 8 consecutive intentional walks. Overall, he walked 44 times and was hit by the pitch 4 more times, in 34 games. He also showed a lack of power at times. He worked with his coaches and made some adjustments, but it is hard to put those adjustments into practice when you can’t take the bat off of your shoulder. He added a toe tap and shortened up his stance. He was able to show scouts what a difference the adjustments made at the combine. He had a very impressive batting practice session, He hit 4 balls harder than 110 mph and one of them traveled 445 feet.

Defensively, some believe he will be a corner outfielder. Others think he might eventually move to first base. He is an average runner with average arm strength.

Morlando is the one guy in my list of six who is ranked, on average, well below the rest. If he isn’t drafted until somewhere in the forties, I think some team will get a steal. If the other five guys are taken, the Rangers might do well to select PJ Morlando at number 30.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is difficult to envision them making the playoffs this season so to me we need to be making moves between now and the trade deadline that impact 2025. i know some only want to trade veterans for prospects that might not impact the big-league roster for 2 or 3 seasons but i'm looking at 1 or 2 veteran types coming in replacing some of ours and also bullpen arms that come here with time left or that we can sign to extensions