• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gomez is having a great year all the way around. Hitting over 300 with 16 HRs, slg 540, ops 881 and war 5.8. Had 37 SB last year and 22 this year. I know Brewers not looking to trade and I always thought the guy was a goofball but I would like having him playing like that for the Rangers.

I'd also love to have Miguel Cabrera play 1b for us. :suds:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gomez is having a great year all the way around. Hitting over 300 with 16 HRs, slg 540, ops 881 and war 5.8. Had 37 SB last year and 22 this year. I know Brewers not looking to trade and I always thought the guy was a goofball but I would like having him playing like that for the Rangers.

I forgot about him. I'm pretty interested myself. Hopefully we can get them talking

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would consider Cargo just as valuable as Stanton. Sure, Stanton's younger, but Cargo is controllable longer, plays a MUCH better outfield, and he gets hurt less.

I wouldn't consider Stanton as valuable as Cargo

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels...

On trading for a big bat:

“You can’t create something that’s not out there. … I don’t know how many guys are going to get traded that are really going to make a huge difference. We’re certainly out there looking, but that’s part of the reason we made the Garza trade. We thought that we had a chance to get maybe the biggest possible upgrade, the biggest possible difference-making guy available on the market at a time when he can make two starts before the deadline. We’re still looking. Hopefully the right deal comes along and we can find that bat, but I’ve got to be honest, there’s not a lot out there that I think is all that impactful.”

On Manny Ramirez:

“The reports from Round Rock have been positive in the sense that he’s been a really good teammate, really good in the clubhouse. The quality of at bats has been pretty good. Whether or not there’s really impact there, that remains to be seen.”

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are other routes to upgrade the offense. Like trading joe Nathan for offensive help. Although I don't like that route even though bullpen is a strength. I'm sure JD is exploring everything including what I just said

I frequent a few sites and not just sports sites. I have to tag you as either attention hungry, purposely posting crazy proposals or both. Joe Nathan is going nowhere. Your probably the same guy who over at ESPN suggestedtrading Ian Kinsler and Beltre to get Stanton. You should know their are only a few sound sources for Rangers trade dealings. All others are either shooting from the hip or regurgitating what others are inaccurately spilling on Twitter. MLB is a serious big dollar business and these GMs are the equivalent to general officers in the Army. They don't spill the beans until the ink is dry on the deal.

So please save your fantasy league trade concepts for the fantasy tab.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frequent a few sites and not just sports sites. I have to tag you as either attention hungry, purposely posting crazy proposals or both. Joe Nathan is going nowhere. Your probably the same guy who over at ESPN suggestedtrading Ian Kinsler and Beltre to get Stanton. You should know their are only a few sound sources for Rangers trade dealings. All others are either shooting from the hip or regurgitating what others are inaccurately spilling on Twitter. MLB is a serious big dollar business and these GMs are the equivalent to general officers in the Army. They don't spill the beans until the ink is dry on the deal.

Well spoken and needed!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not looking for attention at all. And no I never said that. That's crazy talk. I just saw some people at lonestarball talk about Nathan geez. Since when have I proposed trades like that??

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I please ask what you mean by tagging me? I haven't proposed anything crazy

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like there's a good chance Berkman is going to retire. I think Morales would be the perfect replacement. Swtch-hitter, 15 homers and .281 avg. Career is .280, pretty consistent. He can play first base if needed so if Rangers make it to the series he doesn't have to sit. Seems like a no-brainer if the asking price isn't to steep.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there's a good chance Berkman is going to retire. I think Morales would be the perfect replacement. Swtch-hitter, 15 homers and .281 avg. Career is .280, pretty consistent. He can play first base if needed so if Rangers make it to the series he doesn't have to sit. Seems like a no-brainer if the asking price isn't to steep.

I don't think they are officially selling could be wrong

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised with the Yankees getting Soriano. Can't see them catching the 3 teams in front of them.