• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Invade Seattle For 3 Games May 27-29

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Hearn, Burke, and Mendez, had stayed healthy so we could maybe look forward to one or two of them as well.

How close do you think we have to be to a WC birth at the deadline before JD would stand pat and not make any trades?
“Buying” for a chance at a WC berth is imprudent and chasing after fools gold.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more about the trade value in return. Would not be surprised if they try to extend Minor but if he is not receptive and return is good then he is moved. If We don't have to eat too much then Choo can be dealt if offer out there. Guess Pence and Kelley could go too but it would be nice to keep both.

Don't think we can even be considered even a lowly threat for a WC spot without another legit SP and really doubt we are buyers
Minor needs to stay. Even in rebuild you need an anchor in the rotation to build off it.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Buying” for a chance at a WC berth is imprudent and chasing after fools gold.
"Fool's gold", I believe I have heard that term used before. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor needs to stay. Even in rebuild you need an anchor in the rotation to build off it.
I don't mind bringing him back at the end of 2020 when he is a free agent. Then we can use him and what we can get for him in 6 weeks to help us contend in 2021 and beyond.

Keeping him for the next year and a half when he would bring back so much now doesn't make any sense to me though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 67% say he should be traded that lower than I thought it would be
I am surprised that it is that high. Most fans can never see the need to take a step back in order to take five steps forward. It would probably be a lot lower percentage if it was a local poll instead of a national one.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be nice to extend him but if he does not want to then it is risky to keep him. We can’t compete next year if we have more pitching but what we have now and even with what is coming up from a SP standpoint is not enough.

Going to have to get at least another legit guy at SP and keep Minor to have a shot and hope for no injuries. More of my realistic opinion than hope. 2021 is better shot for homegrown talent pitching wise

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have shown little ability to develop young pitching. Even when they have the chance - inset Perez* here - they don't know what to do with it.

Hey, I really like Mike Minor too. But not only do we need a bunch of young arms, he'll be 32 before the start of next season.

*Anyone noticed he's become a stud since leaving here? It only took him months away from Arlington and he's 7-1 and avg about a K per inning. Remember when he couldn't strikeout anyone to save his life.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to read this.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have shown little ability to develop young pitching. Even when they have the chance - inset Perez* here - they don't know what to do with it.

Hey, I really like Mike Minor too. But not only do we need a bunch of young arms, he'll be 32 before the start of next season.

*Anyone noticed he's become a stud since leaving here? It only took him months away from Arlington and he's 7-1 and avg about a K per inning. Remember when he couldn't strikeout anyone to save his life.
I mentioned that a month or so ago because I was watching FOX Sports North and they show the Twins games and the Twins were looking at Perez or Keuchel. The pitching coach said go after Perez as he felt that there was an easy fix to his delivery that would help. When he started the season in the pen but when they moved him to being a starter things begin to take off. He gained a few mph on his fastball not to mention his command and overall demeanor.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned that a month or so ago because I was watching FOX Sports North and they show the Twins games and the Twins were looking at Perez or Keuchel. The pitching coach said go after Perez as he felt that there was an easy fix to his delivery that would help. When he started the season in the pen but when they moved him to being a starter things begin to take off. He gained a few mph on his fastball not to mention his command and overall demeanor.
Got to give Crawler credit here. He always said Brocail failed.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3