• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Invade Seattle For 3 Games May 27-29

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

"Per local media, the Rangers aren't waiting for Down East to wrap up its division title before shipping off relievers Joe Barlow and Demarcus Evans. Both are headed to Frisco. Also, Frisco reliever Pete Fairbanks, who began 2019 with the others in high-A, is being promoted to AAA Nashville. These transactions haven't appeared in official sources yet, nor have there been any corresponding moves to make room for them."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barlow, Evan's, and Fairbanks are all probably destined to be promoted to the big leagues later this year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barlow, Evan's, and Fairbanks are all probably destined to be promoted to the big leagues later this year.

Going to be some shuffling. Predicting a 2nd half roster should prove interesting

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of Evans. But not the other two.
Barlow and Evan's have both pitched together since last year. Last year Evan's outpitched him, but not by a lot. This year Barlow has been the better of the two.

Last week I read where one scout told a writer, maybe Evan Grant, that Fairbanks could be better than Emmanuel Clase. When you add Clase to the mix we have 4 bullpen guys who will be up in the not too distant future probably.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smyly still sucks.
I say starting the game with a reliever when he pitches is a waste of time. Works great for Sampson but doesn't mean it will work for everybody.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be some shuffling. Predicting a 2nd half roster should prove interesting
I wish Hearn, Burke, and Mendez, had stayed healthy so we could maybe look forward to one or two of them as well.

How close do you think we have to be to a WC birth at the deadline before JD would stand pat and not make any trades?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Hearn, Burke, and Mendez, had stayed healthy so we could maybe look forward to one or two of them as well.

How close do you think we have to be to a WC birth at the deadline before JD would stand pat and not make any trades?
Don't even think that way. That would set us back for who knows how long. JD has made some mistakes but he can't possibly think this team can go any where.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is more about the trade value in return. Would not be surprised if they try to extend Minor but if he is not receptive and return is good then he is moved. If We don't have to eat too much then Choo can be dealt if offer out there. Guess Pence and Kelley could go too but it would be nice to keep both.

Don't think we can even be considered even a lowly threat for a WC spot without another legit SP and really doubt we are buyers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more about the trade value in return. Would not be surprised if they try to extend Minor but if he is not receptive and return is good then he is moved. If We don't have to eat too much then Choo can be dealt if offer out there. Guess Pence and Kelley could go too but it would be nice to keep both.

Don't think we can even be considered even a lowly threat for a WC spot without another legit SP and really doubt we are buyers

The only people I’d like to see traded for prospects at this point are minor and pence. It would be nice to trade Choo, but it’s not realistic and we’ve salivated about trading him for years now. His contract is no longer the poison pill it once was and he’s playing very well so keeping him isn’t the end of the world.

I’d only trade minor if it’s an offer that “ blows you away” and has at least one surefire prospect that will be a good major league player coming back and maybe 1 or 2 other prospects.

Pence probably should be traded. It sucks because I like the guy, but he has no future here and he’s old.

Forsythe and Santana should be kept. I think they’re both valuable pieces that can help the rebuilding effort.

Forsythe watches film like it’s his hobby. He helps prepare the hitters for the pitcher of the day. The guy is like a miniature coach out there. He has made Woodward’s transition to manager a lot easier.

The rangers would have cheap control of Santana until the 2022 season I think. He can play so many different positions and he’s a switch hitter. I wish the rangers would play him everyday somewhere to see how good he really is.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, highly doubtful we would be buyers. I just wonder how sold out to the rebuilding plan he is if we are 3 or 4 games out of a WC birth. Would he just stand pat?

Myself, I think we should sell, sell, sell.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, highly doubtful we would be buyers. I just wonder how sold out to the rebuilding plan he is if we are 3 or 4 games out of a WC birth. Would he just stand pat?

Myself, I think we should sell, sell, sell.
I see no way he stands pat. He needs prospects and he knows it. He sees our needs and the only way out is to sell trade sell sell.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha re Ranger strategy come ASB

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do I on Hearn and Burke. If he stays with plan I think we see multiple trades before the deadline with Minor, Lynn and Pence among those being moved