• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Tigers For Three Games June 3-5

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is pretty obvious we are lacking offense at 1B and CF
LF we can be patient with and it is via youth
DH is lacking but has been Langford

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does the constructuring start concerning offense? IMO it starts with a strong CF, a good back up catcher and possibly 1B. Defense: Improved BP.
One other area we might need to evaluate is our starting catcher. It is too early now, but let's remember to check at the end of this year.

Jonah is hitting .228 over his last 311 at bats going back to some time in August of 2023.

I believe I heard last week that our catchers, overall, have only thrown out 15% of baserunners trying to steal, this season.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has been the issue here for quite awhile. Not having Jung hurts but it’s more than that. Evan Carter injury has played a big part as well as Langford not producing more than maybe we would expect. If you look up and down the lineup just about everyone is down from last year. We have gone from a very good offense to a below average offense in a year.
Perhaps a trade in the offseason is the answer. Too early to get into that but look at the impact Soto has had for the Yankees. Just a thought.
Maybe it’s as simple as Jung returning, Langford improving and E.Carter eventually healing. May have to have to wait for 2025
There is also dead wood in the lineup. There’s not much hope of scoring runs when you have Taveras, Grossman and Kninzer in the lineup.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other area we might need to evaluate is our starting catcher. It is too early now, but let's remember to check at the end of this year.

Jonah is hitting .228 over his last 311 at bats going back to some time in August of 2023.

I believe I heard last week that our catchers, overall, have only thrown out 15% of baserunners trying to steal, this season.
I still like Heim. He drove in 95 runs last year and he is never going to be a high average guy. If he hits 250 that would be good for him. But he does a good job framing pitches, digging balls out of the dirt and he has a strong throwing arm. I know 18% is low (which is what his is) but as you and I know some of that is on the pitcher and rule changes on holding the runner. Last year I believe he was above the league average at around 29%.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Heim. He drove in 95 runs last year and he is never going to be a high average guy. If he hits 250 that would be good for him. But he does a good job framing pitches, digging balls out of the dirt and he has a strong throwing arm. I know 18% is low (which is what his is) but as you and I know some of that is on the pitcher and rule changes on holding the runner. Last year I believe he was above the league average at around 29%.
I am willing to wait until the end of the season, but he has not been very good at the plate for an extended period. Hopefully, he gets much better.

He has only had one season with an OPS over .700. I believe he is 11th among catchers who have enough at bats to qualify so far this year.

Framing is going to become a lot less of a factor as the automated system for calling balls and strikes gets rolled out. I believe I heard that would start to happen next year.

With.that low of a rate for throwing runners out I would imagine both the pitchers and the catchers are at fault.

I wonder how much his injury last year is a long term, or maybe even a career long, factor that has come into play.

I didn't mean to make a call for him to be replaced yet. I have reached the concerned stage with him, though. I think it is something to keep an eye on. He may go on to hit like he did in the first half or so last season, for the rest of the year.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am willing to wait until the end of the season, but he has not been very good at the plate for an extended period. Hopefully, he gets much better.

He has only had one season with an OPS over .700. I believe he is 11th among catchers who have enough at bats to qualify so far this year.

Framing is going to become a lot less of a factor as the automated system for calling balls and strikes gets rolled out. I believe I heard that would start to happen next year.

With.that low of a rate for throwing runners out I would imagine both the pitchers and the catchers are at fault.

I wonder how much his injury last year is a long term, or maybe even a career long, factor that has come into play.

I didn't mean to make a call for him to be replaced yet. I have reached the concerned stage with him, though. I think it is something to keep an eye on. He may go on to hit like he did in the first half or so last season, for the rest of the year.
Heim is more than adequate. The problem is that when the 7 core guys aren’t running on all cylinders hitting as a unit then Heim and Taveras get put under a microscope.

Trading a young prospect for Grossman is reprehensible.

Get somebody like Mason Miller in the back end of the bullpen and with all the injured guys coming back the middle relief gets even better.

A lot of baseball left to play. Hang in there.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Heim. I think the issue with him is he doesn’t get enough time off behind the plate. That be said I don’t like Kninzer as the backup catcher. I don’t think they should be playing Heim at DH and Kninzer at catcher. If you PH for Kninzer or if he has to leave the game, you lose the DH.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard anything new on Diamond sports. I sure do want them gone.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frim Bob Nightengale:

Diamondbacks starter Jordan Montgomery booed coming off the field.
He lasted just 2 innings, giving up 7 hits, 3 walks, 2 homers and 6 runs.
Yes, another pitcher who says missing spring training has been a factor in slow start.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240605_174051_X.jpg

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Texas Rangers PR:

INF Justin Foscue (on 60-day IL with a left oblique strain) has been sent to the Arizona Complex League Rangers (Rk.) on injury rehabilitation assignment.

He is expected to play in tonight's game at ACL Mariners in Peoria, Ariz. (beg. 8:00 p.m. CT).

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 days is the longest Foscue's rehab assignment can last. I guess he will be back by June 25th.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith never quits surprising me the way he is playing

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ski and Leody should bunt with runners on 1st or 1st and 2nd with no outs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager out with ham string. When it rains, well you know.

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Langford go deep? The suspense is killing me. Open the flood gates already.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Langford go deep? The suspense is killing me. Open the flood gates already.
Way past due if he is really what was projected