• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Padres For Three Games July 2-4

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the winning didn't last long.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 teams in the race for the third wildcard card spot all won. The Rangers are back to 8 games behind in that race.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another game lost in the 7th. The run differential is huge in that inning. Has to be solved soon or else.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the winning didn't last long.
Need to win the series. Our starters need to make it into the 7th inning until we have more additions to our pen. Latz has gone back to being Latz, Dunning very average, JHern lousy. Leclerc did well when he came into a 1st and 2nd no outs and gave up just a run. We have Urena, Robertson and Yates. Gray has got to pick it back up.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The top 3 teams in the race for the third wildcard card spot all won. The Rangers are back to 8 games behind in that race.
The wild card is more out of reach. Seattle is going to fade. No hitting. Rangers are 5 back of HOU. They are the team to beat.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wild card is more out of reach. Seattle is going to fade. No hitting. Rangers are 5 back of HOU. They are the team to beat.
I am not convinced the Mariners are going to fade. At one point last year they were 40-42. Since then, they have went 95-72.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up on Semien. He's not getting benched. He's not moving down in the order. He's making 25m per year. He's still a good 2nd baseman. But he's arguably the worst lead off hitter in baseball over the last 2 months. He's supposed to be the catalyst for the offense.

Try Smith. Try Langford. Even Tavares at this point. We aren't a playoff team this season. I get that. But I just don't get sticking with him this long.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Semien has an OBP of .296 this year. After April 17 of last year, it was never close to that low at any point in 2023. It was that low or worse through a lot of 2022.

Over his last 6 years he has had a pattern where he has one goodbseason and then one bad season. That seems to be the case through over half of this year, so far. I guess, at least we can look forward to a good year next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when we signed Semien, I said I didn't expect more than 2 or 3 really good years from him, out of the 7 years we would have him under contract. Thankfully, one of those years came when we needed it most.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe when Mahle is ready, Heany will be going to the pen.
we saw what a good bullpen looks like last night in the San Diego pen and we saw how bad a bullpen can be with Leclerc, Latz and Dunning out there for Texas. looking at ours we need to seriously look at trading for some of the available relievers and exiling Leclerc, Latz and Dunning to the scrap heap

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we saw what a good bullpen looks like last night in the San Diego pen and we saw how bad a bullpen can be with Leclerc, Latz and Dunning out there for Texas. looking at ours we need to seriously look at trading for some of the available relievers and exiling Leclerc, Latz and Dunning to the scrap heap
Dunning does not belong on the scrap heap.
It is fair to say we can improve the BP. It is also fair to say the offense made them look bad more than once failing to hit. Think how many times we had bases loaded and failed to score. Think how pitiful your leadoff hitter is and has been. Yes and what about Grossman hitting third. The list goes on. Pitching can improve but they do not always cause the loss. Hitters often do.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning does not belong on the scrap heap.
It is fair to say we can improve the BP. It is also fair to say the offense made them look bad more than once failing to hit. Think how many times we had bases loaded and failed to score. Think how pitiful your leadoff hitter is and has been. Yes and what about Grossman hitting third. The list goes on. Pitching can improve but they do not always cause the loss. Hitters often do.
other than Dunning who gave up the game winning hit last night i have no argument with what you said. but how many games has the starter gave us 5-7 innings of all-star pitching only to have the bullpen fail to hold the lead and the game. our mediocre bullpen could hold a sneeze. we've watched and griped almost as much about the pen not holding a lead than we have about the stupidity of Grossman and Knizner

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than Dunning who gave up the game winning hit last night i have no argument with what you said. but how many games has the starter gave us 5-7 innings of all-star pitching only to have the bullpen fail to hold the lead and the game. our mediocre bullpen could hold a sneeze. we've watched and griped almost as much about the pen not holding a lead than we have about the stupidity of Grossman and Knizner
A lot of this is not on the pitching. It’s on the offense inability to score runs. They’re putting a lot pressure on these pitchers to be perfect and not to give up runs. That’s not going to happen. How many games have we lost 2-1 or 3-1. There has been quite a few.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this is not on the pitching. It’s on the offense inability to score runs. They’re putting a lot pressure on these pitchers to be perfect and not to give up runs. That’s not going to happen. How many games have we lost 2-1 or 3-1. There has been quite a few.
You said it better than I did.