• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Mets For Three Games June 17-19

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Septemeber I prepared the narrative that I was going to use for the Offseason thread. I prepared it before the playoffs started. When I prepared it I presented the option to trade Adolis to free up some money and bring back some upper level prospects. I think I mentioned Taveras and another player or two as possibilities to trade as well. It was mainly so we could afford several bullpen pieces.

Once the postseason was over, I took Adolis completely out since he was one of our best postseason players. Had we lost a couple more regular season games, and not made the postseason, I think several of us might have entertained the possibility of trading him.

The Championship was great, but I think it gave a false sense of how good this team really is. As constructed, this team may only be a .500 team. If everyone is healthy it could be a lot better, but as constructed, with so many fragile guys, it might be a pipe dream to think almost everyone could be healthy at the same time.
I think we have some decent position players. I have to think that Langford and Carter will do better than they have this year. We also need to take our bench a little more serious than we have. I like Duran because of his versatility. But we have nothing really at 1B, OF even if Taveras and Jankowski are bench players and definitely at catcher. Having Jung back along with an improved Smith will help next year. But we need guys on the bench with a little pop so when we lose a Jung or Seager we don't drop off a cliff with power, Heim can do better than he has as well. But having Carter, Langford, Seager, Semien, Jung, Heim, Smith (probably at DH and utility) should produce something much better than what we have seen. I agree with you to let Garcia go which is sad to say along with Lowe. Replace them with the right players then we have something. I think our pitching has done well overall but our BP is still thin and we need to work on that.
For starters we have Bradford, deGrom, Dunning, possibly Eovaldi, Mahle, and Jon Gray coming back. Urena could be signed cheap and not sure what Loerenzen will be looking for. We have no one ready at AAA to move up next year so we will need to add a couple more starters.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reasons that Garcia did not pan out with the Cardinals. He has streaky power, and was integral to the playoff run, but his K rate due to plate discipline has always been in his scouting reports.

And now he's chasing everything and looks like one of the easiest outs in baseball. Maybe he's hurt. Maybe just unmotivated. Or maybe the Cardinals were right all along.
He never was given a chance with the Cardinals and last year the Cardinal fan base was not happy with a couple players they let go with Garcia being one of those. He has been an RBI machine the last 3 years with us. But I agree he looks really bad this year. What happened at the end of the year in the playoffs may have gotten into his head a little bit.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who do we get rid of and do we have the quality to replace them? and how long will it take once we've deposed of them to bring the team to a competitive level again?
Replace Garcia and Lowe. Carter in CF and Jung of course back at 3b and Smith playing everyday whether DH or utility. And bolster the bench. Quit putting has-beens as backup catcher and get guys with some pop off the bench to replace Janks and Taveras. And use some of the guys in the minors who may not ever see the light of day on the Ranger MLB roster to pick up some pitching pieces.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Septemeber I prepared the narrative that I was going to use for the Offseason thread. I prepared it before the playoffs started. When I prepared it I presented the option to trade Adolis to free up some money and bring back some upper level prospects. I think I mentioned Taveras and another player or two as possibilities to trade as well. It was mainly so we could afford several bullpen pieces.

Once the postseason was over, I took Adolis completely out since he was one of our best postseason players. Had we lost a couple more regular season games, and not made the postseason, I think several of us might have entertained the possibility of trading him.

The Championship was great, but I think it gave a false sense of how good this team really is. As constructed, this team may only be a .500 team. If everyone is healthy it could be a lot better, but as constructed, with so many fragile guys, it might be a pipe dream to think almost everyone could be healthy at the same time.
would like to see the team start working on improving areas now. the bullpen leaves the most to desire and i would consider trading prospects along with several 40-man roster players to bring in 1 or 2 quality relievers now as long as those relievers can either be signed to longer time contracts or have multiyear terms left. if we could sign Yimi Garcia and Tanner Scott to multiyear extensions i would consider trading for them and Mason Miller has multiple years of availability and should also be consider

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace Garcia and Lowe. Carter in CF and Jung of course back at 3b and Smith playing everyday whether DH or utility. And bolster the bench. Quit putting has-beens as backup catcher and get guys with some pop off the bench to replace Janks and Taveras. And use some of the guys in the minors who may not ever see the light of day on the Ranger MLB roster to pick up some pitching pieces.
i would use Langford in left but i see Janks as the perfect #4 outfielder. we don't have anyone in the minors that could step into offensively or defensively immediately and replace Garcia so we need to hold onto him for at least another season or two. to replace Lowe we would have to go out into the free agent market because we have no one to step in the 1st base hole om a full time basis unless we want to carry 2 or 3 bench 1Bmen to rotate in and out of the lineup and defensively that would affect the infield play because those throwing to 1st have to have confidence in the player receiving the throws and rotating players in and out of 1B works against that

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would use Langford in left but i see Janks as the perfect #4 outfielder. we don't have anyone in the minors that could step into offensively or defensively immediately and replace Garcia so we need to hold onto him for at least another season or two. to replace Lowe we would have to go out into the free agent market because we have no one to step in the 1st base hole om a full time basis unless we want to carry 2 or 3 bench 1Bmen to rotate in and out of the lineup and defensively that would affect the infield play because those throwing to 1st have to have confidence in the player receiving the throws and rotating players in and out of 1B works against that
I agree on why we keep Janks and I thought about that when I was including him and that we do need to trade for a 1b. We may even need to trade for a RF for someone on a 1 to 2 year contract until we have players at the lower levels ready to step in.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the latest mock draft of Baseball Prospect Journal:
so who do we get rid of and do we have the quality to replace them? and how long will it take once we've deposed of them to bring the team to a competitive level again?
Well, when I proposed a few scenarios last year, I was mainly looking to trade guys who we could save enough money to pay for some relief pitching. Who all would be traded would be determined by the return and what the front office thought was available to replace them with.

Here in about 5 weeks we would probably be able to trade anyone who is on the last year of their deal. Maybe Lowe could be considered as well. I have a hard time with deciding on Garcia one way or another.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time to bench Adolis Garcia.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been blocked out for three days. No reason. Murder trying to get answers why. Glad to be back.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff and Winn sent down. Heim activated. Yerry Rodriquez called up. Don’t know why. He has already shown he can’t pitch at the major league level.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff and Winn sent down. Heim activated. Yerry Rodriquez called up. Don’t know why. He has already shown he can’t pitch at the major league level.
I guess Bochy is grabbing at straws. Seems like this team is digging a hole they can't get out of until all our injured players get back and then......maybe.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If CY goes the trade route as a seller, right now there are 4 close wild card teams in the AL and 10 in the NL. Add in the 6 division leaders and you’ve got 20 teams to trade with.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240618_173633_X.jpg

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just looked at ESPN roster. Don’t know if it’s up to date but here’s my take.

Burke keep if he goes back to 2022 form otherwise lose him.

J Hernandez has good stuff but too inconsistent. Lose him.

Heaney too inconsistent. Lose him.

Leclerc will mostly likely resign. Has lost some luster. Neutral on him.

Y. Rodriguez. Lose him.

Knizner. Have to do better than him. Lose him.

Lowe can’t get it together. Short leash now on the way to lose him.

Wendzel. Haven’t seen enough. Not impressive so far.

Taveras disappointing. May have to lose him.

Robbie Grossman. Do I even have to comment.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CY goes the trade route as a seller, right now there are 4 close wild card teams in the AL and 10 in the NL. Add in the 6 division leaders and you’ve got 20 teams to trade with.
That would be great if it keeps that way and we are sellers.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at ESPN roster. Don’t know if it’s up to date but here’s my take.

Burke keep if he goes back to 2022 form otherwise lose him.

J Hernandez has good stuff but too inconsistent. Lose him.

Heaney too inconsistent. Lose him.

Leclerc will mostly likely resign. Has lost some luster. Neutral on him.

Y. Rodriguez. Lose him.

Knizner. Have to do better than him. Lose him.

Lowe can’t get it together. Short leash now on the way to lose him.

Wendzel. Haven’t seen enough. Not impressive so far.

Taveras disappointing. May have to lose him.

Robbie Grossman. Do I even have to comment.
I would like to see Wendzel get regular at bats to see if he can hit major league pitching. Wonder if he has played any 1B in college or the minors.