• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Cleveland For Three Games May 13-15

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Carter said that the MRI showed only inflammation his SI joint. He will have a cortisone injection Tuesday with the hope of being able to play by the weekend.
The news was the “best case,” he said. “I think I should be back in a couple days.”
The news was cheerier on the other rookie outfielder, Wyatt Langford. He said that he ran at 90 percent effort Monday without any issues in the strained right hamstring that put him on the injured list May 6 (retroactive to May 5). He has taken swings the past three days and seems optimist that he will return sooner than later.
The initial diagnosis had him missing three to four weeks.
Langford said the time down will give him a chance to continue working on his swing. He was batting .224 with one homer, an inside-the-parker, when he was injured May 4 at Kansas City.
“It’s definitely good,” he said. “I get to hit as much as I want as long as there’s no pain.”
Bochy said that Langford will have to go on a rehab assignment before being reinstated from the IL.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pivotal moment Leody throw to the plate catching the mound from shallow CF.
Average throw gets him but he bounces it and Murphy calls it a bad break SMH

I have never had a problem with him hitting 9th
But his defense is.not good enough

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tavares should have been traded in the offseason when he had some value. I would have been fine with a bullpen piece who was halfway decent.
After what we have seen so far this season between his bat and fielding I can’t imagine getting much for him in a trade unless he was packaged in a deal

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my grades for the last week on a scale of o to 10 with 10 being perfect:

Starting Pitching: 9

Bullpen: 2

Offense: 0

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wondering if Johnny Cueto will be called up by the end of the month.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if Johnny Cueto will be called up by the end of the month.
expecting Eovaldi and Dunning to return around the 21st to 25th and unlike some on here i would also expect Scherzer back around the end of the month and Bradford too

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time to bring them up. Fabian has also looked good at RR. Team looks so flat. Time to shake off the championship hangover
have to clear a couple of 40-man spots for Hill and Fabian which i would find very easy but then we would also have to clear 3 slots from the active roster for all 3. Knizner would the 1st choice to open 1 up for Huff. and probably Wenzler and probably Grossman would make sense for Hill and Fabian

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
have to clear a couple of 40-man spots for Hill and Fabian which i would find very easy but then we would also have to clear 3 slots from the active roster for all 3. Knizner would the 1st choice to open 1 up for Huff. and probably Wenzler and probably Grossman would make sense for Hill and Fabian
Yes that makes sense. Huff Hill and Fabian come up and Bye to Grossman, Wenzler, Knizner. Wenzler batting 069 in 29 ABs and Knizer batting 132 in 38 ABs.
How much longer can we wait to see if these two guys can even figure things out.
We need some guys up here that can provide a spark

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that makes sense. Huff Hill and Fabian come up and Bye to Grossman, Wenzler, Knizner. Wenzler batting 069 in 29 ABs and Knizer batting 132 in 38 ABs.
How much longer can we wait to see if these two guys can even figure things out.
We need some guys up here that can provide a spark
Even as important, when are Seager and Garcia going to figure it out? Scoring 6R in 5 games is pathetic. BP could improve for certain but the Starting rotation has pitched winning baseball. The offense must figure it out soon or pitching will not matter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Right-hander Dane Dunning, out for the last week with a rotator cuff strain, threw off a mound on Tuesday and could be back in the Rangers rotation as soon as he’s eligible to return from the injured list next week. He would not need a rehab start, manager Bruce Bochy said Tuesday.

“He’s doing well,” Bochy said Tuesday. “He’ll throw two more bullpen sessions and then he should be ready to go.”

If all goes well, Dunning will throw a bullpen session again on Friday and then Sunday. He is eligible to be activated from the IL on Monday, but the Rangers are off ahead of a three-game series at Philadelphia.

Right-hander Dane Dunning, out for the last week with a rotator cuff strain, threw off a mound on Tuesday and could be back in the Rangers rotation as soon as he’s eligible to return from the injured list next week. He would not need a rehab start, manager Bruce Bochy said Tuesday.

“He’s doing well,” Bochy said Tuesday. “He’ll throw two more bullpen sessions and then he should be ready to go.”

If all goes well, Dunning will throw a bullpen session again on Friday and then Sunday. He is eligible to be activated from the IL on Monday, but the Rangers are off ahead of a three-game series at Philadelphia.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will not get rid of Grossman anytime soon. Even if he hits poorly for a few weeks, it would take them awhile to admit a mistake.