• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a mini roll right now is great news. Couldn't keep winning every other game and make up ground. Really need to put a 8-10 win streak together.
Hamels needs to step up. I've been disappointed at his performance so far....we'll see.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a mini roll right now is great news. Couldn't keep winning every other game and make up ground. Really need to put a 8-10 win streak together.
Hamels needs to step up. I've been disappointed at his performance so far....we'll see.

Ironically, I just heard this morning the M's swung and missed 17 times last night. That's good; not great, but good for sure.

But like you say, we'll see. Baseball is, if nothing else, a marathon and not a sprint after all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is kind and classy.

BOSTON -- Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona, who has been friends with John Farrell since they were teammates on a "bad" Cleveland team in 1988, said he plans to accompany the Red Sox manager to the hospital Tuesday when Farrell begins his first cycle of chemotherapy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just concerned that we have another bad run in us because we have had them before this season. The offense is going good now, but it has shown the ability to go cold for long stretches.

No doubt. I'm glad this little run didn't happen just before the trade deadline and convince us to make more drastic moves. Small BP moves and maybe another catcher is about all I hope to see happen. Mainly cash and PTBNL type trades.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All we have to do from here on out is just win each series. Even if we don't have another win streak, taking 2 out of 3 from here on out will more than get us into the post season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team does. but i think we are setting up good for next season except in the pen. hopefully JD works on the BP this off-season and it wouldn't hurt for us to look at a CF'er (Fowler maybe) so we can move DDJ to a COF which more natural to him and a C (Wieters?) not that Chirinos, Wilson & Gimenez haven't done a good job but none of them are more than a backup. and maybe he can trade Choo which would make some on here very happy

Couple of things

JD has a good start on the pen with Tolleson, Kela, Dyson, Diekman, and Freeman. Could probably stand to add one more. Mendez will get a look and has potential.

No to fowler. Moving DDJ to COF lessens his value and what does Fowler provide that DDJ doesn't? I bit more home run power? No thanks. Not for what he'll cost.

I'm on the Wieters bandwagon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hamels did fine last night. He'll get better as he adjusts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I have been okay with Hamels so far. I am glad to have him be one of out starters every 5th day. It beats the alternative and I think he will be fine in the long run.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want DeShields starting on a corner because he doesn't have very much power at all. I believe that has been one of our weaknesses offensively the last couple of years. We have a lack of substantial power at the power positions overall. If JD spends on the BP and C it will be a new tactic for him. I think we need to, but I don't see it happening.
You are correct in that our COFers need to have some power. I would say Choo fits that bill as he should be a 20 HR guy. LF is a potential HR situation. Not sure what the HR total would be of all those who have played LF this year. Would love for Hammy to stay healthy but that will not happen but for 2 mill a year I am okay with that too. And with Choo starting to find himself now I am not sure I want to see him go. I could not say that before but I guess we will have a better feel for that situation at seasons end.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things

JD has a good start on the pen with Tolleson, Kela, Dyson, Diekman, and Freeman. Could probably stand to add one more. Mendez will get a look and has potential.

No to fowler. Moving DDJ to COF lessens his value and what does Fowler provide that DDJ doesn't? I bit more home run power? No thanks. Not for what he'll cost.

Only mentioned DDJ to a COF spot because I've been reading that Bannister thinks LF is his more natural position and he is being used in CF only because we have Hamilton and Choo in the corners. Now if we could trade Choo in the off-season and move Hamilton to RF he could move DDJ to Left if he had someone to put in center. Just a thought

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we have to do from here on out is just win each series. Even if we don't have another win streak, taking 2 out of 3 from here on out will more than get us into the post season.

Probably, but that's assuming that the 'Stros or Angels don't go on a run of their own.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully he will be great from here forward.
I guess being winless in his last 3 starts is bothering me.
You can thank Scheppers for the first non win.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize this at all. That's a pretty impressive stat.

Those preseason Vegas O/U odds of 76.5 is in jeopardy.

What's more, they had to go on a 6 game winning streak to get to 60 when then did. We really did go through the wringer last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only mentioned DDJ to a COF spot because I've been reading that Bannister thinks LF is his more natural position and he is being used in CF only because we have Hamilton and Choo in the corners. Now if we could trade Choo in the off-season and move Hamilton to RF he could move DDJ to Left if he had someone to put in center. Just a thought

DDJ in left hurts his value and having another Fowler type guy doesn't help us.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but that's assuming that the 'Stros or Angels don't go on a run of their own.

Forget them and win the games in front of you. Beating them head to head will take care of that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully he will be great from here forward.
I guess being winless in his last 3 starts is bothering me.

Pitching wins and losses are less than meaningless.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's best guess on what he'll cost us? And, is he considered a good catcher (frames pitches, calls decent game)?

I'm not saying this b/c the two fellas we have now are hitting the ball. But I'm not as disappointed as some in how we've done, overall, behind the plate.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's best guess on what he'll cost us? And, is he considered a good catcher (frames pitches, calls decent game)?

I'm not saying this b/c the two fellas we have now are hitting the ball. But I'm not as disappointed as some in how we've done, overall, behind the plate.

I'll have to do some thinking on that. I'm not disappointed with Wilson or Gimmy at all, but I also know they'll regress.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL; DR

I just get so cracked up when some of you guys bitch about the young guys goofing off and having fun (especially while they're winning) and yet I recall when things were going poorly many said it was obvious there was no life in any of the players, and they needed to start having fun or they won't start winning.

Second, you're making an apples to oranges comparison. Getting pissed at shitty plays or decisions is not the same thing as a bunch of guys with sticks up their asses over the fact that a couple of guys like to goof off after a win, saying they need to "grow up".

They do need to grow up. Whether you are able to pick up on that or not is irrelevant. And their current performance on the field is irrelevant as well when it comes to their maturity level. You seem to not be able to separate the two. As long as Elvis is playing better, he can do what he wants? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I've been saying he needs to grow up for a very long time now, regardless of how he's playing. And I am 100% right.

What you don't seem to understand Romeo is that being as immature as Elvis absolutely 100% DOES HINDER HIS PLAY AND DEVELOPMENT AS A PLAYER. Period. You gripe at Elvis when he gets picked off. You cuss at him when he boots routine grounders. Do you want to know why he hasn't improved on any of those things since his rookie year? It's because he has the mindset of a 10 yr old.

Furthermore, you absolutely are being hypocritical here. You are hands down the most negative poster on here. By a landslide. And that's cool with most of us because we know your posting style and that you like to vent. And NO, it is not always about "individual plays". The point is, you rant and rave constantly about the team. But the minute anyone else speaks out against something that bothers him, you're the first in line to call him out for complaining. Sorry, but it's true. I can be thrilled with how the team is playing and overall happy but still wish Elvis would cool it on the nightly Gatorade baths. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And if you actually read what I initially posted instead of jumping to hyperbole, you would know that I said that I'm all for them having fun and the occasional Gatorade shower. But because I said that the nightly Gatorade chase by Elvis and Odor is getting a bit old, that makes me "no fun at parties" according to you. Maybe you equate constantly acting like an immature child to being a fun person. Most adults would disagree. That act is funny for a while but quickly wears thin.

It's ok to have fun at your job. It's not ok to show up to work and just goof off 24/7.