• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW - The Rangers did not win their 60th game last year until September 18th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, you were shouting long and loud about Elvis' BS for the last 1 1/2 years. Wasn't that you?

Honestly, it seemed to me most of us had had it up to here with Elvis antics. If I'm mistaking you for me/us, sorry.

I shouted about him booting routine plays and fuck assing around after 2 error games. He's on fire right now. He can do whatever he wants. I swear, Some of you guys would find something to gripe about if we were undefeated right now and every hitter was sporting a 1.000 OPS.

Reactions: gb2

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, seriously? You're the bastion of positivity now?

Yeah, I don't see your point. I'm not allowed to point out poor at bats, and make a comment about Beltre's glass hamstrings?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local media, scouts, talking heads of BP, ESPN, etc... besides, where do you think the media gets their info?

Kid has the talent...but so far...he's lacked the ability to put it all together. And he's running out of time (in the minors) to figure it all out.
Maybe from the same source Fraley had when he said all of the negative things about Pudge when Pudge left. In other words maybe it is a bad source. Maybe from the same source Evan had when he told me less than a week before the Rangers brought Moreland up in 2010 that he didn't see Moreland coming up that year. In fact Evan hardly ever is close when asked those sort of questions about when Rangers prospects will arrive.

The kid just turned 22. He isn't running out of time.

BP ranked him at 31st in the nation before this season so there are knowledgeable folks that aren't down on him at all. Keith Law had him ranked 3rd in our system and 35th overall before this season so he still likes him a lot.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see your point. I'm not allowed to point out poor at bats, and make a comment about Beltre's glass hamstrings?

I think (assuming here, of course) that Beltre's aged hammys were the reason why most of us were commenting on the gatorade bath phenomenon and expressing opinions on it. None of the comments were anything close to incendiary or even negative, really. I thought the "fun at parties" comment you threw out was a little strange, considering, and Donaldson picked up on that too, and mentioned an example of your... shall we say, very vocal criticisms. Again, it wasn't even a negative response, just simply pointing out something that there is a very long and established track record of, which made your post about our concerns seem really out of place. In turn, you then said that some of us would still be griping even if "we were undefeated right now and every hitter was sporting a 1.000 OPS."

So, really, my point is that I've seen you flame every single player on the roster many times over the most insignificant at bats. Yeah, you give credit where it's due when players do well. But that doesn't change the fact that any sort of miscue or action that does not result in the best outcome, you get pissed. A lot. Way more than any other poster here. By a wide damn margin. And then to label "some of us" as people who excessively gripe over things, brought about by an occurrence where you yourself raised the exact same concern - well, that was really odd of you. And hypocritical. And possibly ironic.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again in their recent postseason years in 2010, 2011, and 2012 they won their 60th game on July 29th, July 28th, and August 1st.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again in their recent postseason years in 2010, 2011, and 2012 they won their 60th game on July 29th, July 28th, and August 1st.
True. But on each of those dates this season, most were saying our season is over. Now look at us!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But on each of those dates this season, most were saying our season is over. Now look at us!
I am just concerned that we have another bad run in us because we have had them before this season. The offense is going good now, but it has shown the ability to go cold for long stretches.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right and how did we get here? Got to give Banny some credit. Catchers OF rotation BP injuries have been here all along and we're making a run? Incredible. If all these negatives were turned around, the WS would be at hand.:thumb:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just concerned that we have another bad run in us because we have had them before this season. The offense is going good now, but it has shown the ability to go cold for long stretches.
All teams have ups and downs or else we would not be in the mix.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think (assuming here, of course) that Beltre's aged hammys were the reason why most of us were commenting on the gatorade bath phenomenon and expressing opinions on it. None of the comments were anything close to incendiary or even negative, really. I thought the "fun at parties" comment you threw out was a little strange, considering, and Donaldson picked up on that too, and mentioned an example of your... shall we say, very vocal criticisms. Again, it wasn't even a negative response, just simply pointing out something that there is a very long and established track record of, which made your post about our concerns seem really out of place. In turn, you then said that some of us would still be griping even if "we were undefeated right now and every hitter was sporting a 1.000 OPS."

So, really, my point is that I've seen you flame every single player on the roster many times over the most insignificant at bats. Yeah, you give credit where it's due when players do well. But that doesn't change the fact that any sort of miscue or action that does not result in the best outcome, you get pissed. A lot. Way more than any other poster here. By a wide damn margin. And then to label "some of us" as people who excessively gripe over things, brought about by an occurrence where you yourself raised the exact same concern - well, that was really odd of you. And hypocritical. And possibly ironic.

TL; DR

I just get so cracked up when some of you guys bitch about the young guys goofing off and having fun (especially while they're winning) and yet I recall when things were going poorly many said it was obvious there was no life in any of the players, and they needed to start having fun or they won't start winning.

Second, you're making an apples to oranges comparison. Getting pissed at shitty plays or decisions is not the same thing as a bunch of guys with sticks up their asses over the fact that a couple of guys like to goof off after a win, saying they need to "grow up".

Last edited:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, Some of you guys would find something to gripe about if we were undefeated right now and every hitter was sporting a 1.000 OPS.

Actually I meant to send ya a funny for the comment. It gave me an initial chuckle.

But as far as this comment is concerned, you're way overstating your case here.

And as far as EA is concerned, or any player for that matter, I try to not to have a parade or rename a street when things are going well, not hang em by their thumbs off the side of a building when they aren't.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't realize this at all. That's a pretty impressive stat.

Those preseason Vegas O/U odds of 76.5 is in jeopardy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every team does. but i think we are setting up good for next season except in the pen. hopefully JD works on the BP this off-season and it wouldn't hurt for us to look at a CF'er (Fowler maybe) so we can move DDJ to a COF which more natural to him and a C (Wieters?) not that Chirinos, Wilson & Gimenez haven't done a good job but none of them are more than a backup. and maybe he can trade Choo which would make some on here very happy

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Chi Chi has his control tonight. He has more walks that strike outs and that last game he really was all over the place.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team does. but i think we are setting up good for next season except in the pen. hopefully JD works on the BP this off-season and it wouldn't hurt for us to look at a CF'er (Fowler maybe) so we can move DDJ to a COF which more natural to him and a C (Wieters?) not that Chirinos, Wilson & Gimenez haven't done a good job but none of them are more than a backup. and maybe he can trade Choo which would make some on here very happy
I don't want DeShields starting on a corner because he doesn't have very much power at all. I believe that has been one of our weaknesses offensively the last couple of years. We have a lack of substantial power at the power positions overall. If JD spends on the BP and C it will be a new tactic for him. I think we need to, but I don't see it happening.