• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers have a sweet tooth and are hungry for some M's&M's - 8/17 - 8/19

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees' Bryan Mitchell leaves start after being hit in face by line drive

NEW YORK - Monday night, in the second inning of his start against the Twins (GameTracker), Yankees right-hander Bryan Mitchell was hit in the face by a line drive off the bat of Eduardo Nunez. It was unintentional, obviously.

Here's the video of the play:

Mitchell remained on the ground for a few moments but was soon about to walk off the field under his own power. He was bleeding heavily and holding a towel to his face, however.

The Yankees have announced Mitchell suffered a small nasal fracture and has been released from the hospital. He will be monitored for concussion symptoms in the coming days. All things considered, that's good news. You always worry about an eye injury after a play like that.

Mitchell, 24, was making a spot start Monday because the Yankees wanted to give the rest of their rotation an extra day of rest. He has a 3.72 ERA (106 ERA+) in 19 1/3 innings spread across one start and eight relief appearances coming into Monday's game.

USATSI_8753375.jpg
Bryan Mitchell took a line drive to the face on Monday. (USATSI)

Scary stuff there, hope this guy makes a full recovery

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the full postgame interview with Beltre... it's all fun and games, but damn that running away from the gatorade bath makes me nervous. Just take the shower, dude. Your hamstrings are 50.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wonder if Hamels isn't putting a little extra pressure on himself to be the #1 gun. No need for that with Perez, Colby, and now Holland in the rotation. Hell, even Gallardo makes a solid #3-#4 guy. Just go out and do you, Cole.

One thing about tonight, he never gave Seattle a lead. Dude deserves props for that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wonder if Hamels isn't putting a little extra pressure on himself to be the #1 gun. No need for that with Perez, Colby, and now Holland in the rotation. Hell, even Gallardo makes a solid #3-#4 guy. Just go out and do you, Cole.

One thing about tonight, he never gave Seattle a lead. Dude deserves props for that.

I think hes pitching hurt, the groin isn't right, he talked about it in his interview in the locker room after the game. He's just trying to push through and take the ball very time he can. He's a true veteran and appears to be a solid guy and teammate.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes pitching hurt, the groin isn't right, he talked about it in his interview in the locker room after the game. He's just trying to push through and take the ball very time he can. He's a true veteran and appears to be a solid guy and teammate.

Holland coming back should give everyone an extra day of rest. I didn't hear him mention his groin. He just said his legs felt good. No gopher balls tonight.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That throw from Choo was huge. He has looked much better in RF the past month. He still can scare the daylights out of you but he has been playing well.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, until like you said, they injure someone (or themselves) with their shenanigans.

I agree with you.....I said earlier, it sure looks to me that Odor is modeling his behavior after EA, and that's a little concerning to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iwakuma is 2-0 with a 1.46 ERA over his last three starts, but has thrown a career-high 118 and 116 pitches in his last two outings.

Good, timely and pertinent info to tonights game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Holland can come out and give 5 innings of effective pitching, this would be such a huge shot in the arm for us. Literally.....ha ha

And this.......Banister said he detected a “ripple” of excitement coursing through the clubhouse with the news that Holland was returning.

Not only would it give all the other starters an extra days rest, it would buoy the confidence of the entire team too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the full postgame interview with Beltre... it's all fun and games, but damn that running away from the gatorade bath makes me nervous. Just take the shower, dude. Your hamstrings are 50.
For me, it's getting old. Wish Banny would sit Elvis and Odor down and remind them what they're there for. Have fun but choose a better way.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I bet some of you guys are a lot of fun at parties.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alfaro will be a very good catcher. A lot of our local media doubted his catching skills, but they used to say that about Pudge as well.

Local media, scouts, talking heads of BP, ESPN, etc... besides, where do you think the media gets their info?

Kid has the talent...but so far...he's lacked the ability to put it all together. And he's running out of time (in the minors) to figure it all out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I bet some of you guys are a lot of fun at parties.

If memory serves, you were shouting long and loud about Elvis' BS for the last 1 1/2 years. Wasn't that you?

Honestly, it seemed to me most of us had had it up to here with Elvis antics. If I'm mistaking you for me/us, sorry.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's running out of time (in the minors) to figure it all out.

It may have really hampered his growth with the unfortunate injury this season. Hope not, but it may have. Wish him well, even though he's no longer a Ranger.

And my TCU buddy just called to tell me he's scored some excellent seats for Hollands start tomorrow. :yes:

Now if we can get Mother Nature to behave until later in the day all will be good.