• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers go to the Big Apple to play Yankees 9/2-9/4

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana K's again, this may be who he really is or somewhere in between this and the first half of the season

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor gone deep. 4-1

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Yankees are impressed and Roogie will be in pinstripes next year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that did it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nomar Mazara has a month to prove he deserves a full-time role in 2020. But will his health allow him the chance?

Mazara, who was already playing infrequently against lefties, sat out three consecutive games after the trade deadline. That gave him more time to work on swing comprehension. Since that spell, he's hitting .289/.333/.535/.867. Granted, it's only 51 plate appearances, but it is a marked uptick in production.

If the goal is for Mazara to be an everyday player, though, the Rangers must see him more often against lefties. He's had only 25 plate appearances against lefties since the All-Star break. The results are negligible. Tuesday's game against James Paxton would have been an opportunity to see him against an elite lefty. Baltimore is scheduled to start lefty John Means on Thursday. After that, the Rangers may go 10 days before seeing another lefty.

"I like what I've heard from him that he was doing to counter some of the things left-handers will do," Woodward said. "He doesn't have to crush left-handers, but he has to be more consistent."

Said Mazara: "I see myself [at another level]. Before I got hurt, I was feeling really good. I had gotten into myself and it allowed me to work on some things. What I've learned allows me to still get the barrel on the ball even when I'm not feeling it at the plate. That's why the [swing] path is so important."

The first step to getting to the next level -- getting back on the field consistently.

Briefly: LHP Brock Burke, scheduled to start Friday at Baltimore, said he lost six or seven pounds over a three-day bout with a stomach virus. He was able to throw a bullpen on Wednesday, but he will likely have his pitch count more strictly limited Friday.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez has been recalled.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nomar Mazara has a month to prove he deserves a full-time role in 2020. But will his health allow him the chance?

Mazara, who was already playing infrequently against lefties, sat out three consecutive games after the trade deadline. That gave him more time to work on swing comprehension. Since that spell, he's hitting .289/.333/.535/.867. Granted, it's only 51 plate appearances, but it is a marked uptick in production.

If the goal is for Mazara to be an everyday player, though, the Rangers must see him more often against lefties. He's had only 25 plate appearances against lefties since the All-Star break. The results are negligible. Tuesday's game against James Paxton would have been an opportunity to see him against an elite lefty. Baltimore is scheduled to start lefty John Means on Thursday. After that, the Rangers may go 10 days before seeing another lefty.

"I like what I've heard from him that he was doing to counter some of the things left-handers will do," Woodward said. "He doesn't have to crush left-handers, but he has to be more consistent."

Said Mazara: "I see myself [at another level]. Before I got hurt, I was feeling really good. I had gotten into myself and it allowed me to work on some things. What I've learned allows me to still get the barrel on the ball even when I'm not feeling it at the plate. That's why the [swing] path is so important."

The first step to getting to the next level -- getting back on the field consistently.

Briefly: LHP Brock Burke, scheduled to start Friday at Baltimore, said he lost six or seven pounds over a three-day bout with a stomach virus. He was able to throw a bullpen on Wednesday, but he will likely have his pitch count more strictly limited Friday.
We seem to have different standards for different players. If we used the same standard we are using for Mazara then there would be a number of players benched.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to have different standards for different players. If we used the same standard we are using for Mazara then there would be a number of players benched.
Yeah, it is hard to think Mazara and Odor should be on the same level as far as how long they stay regulars.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for some of us,

Big stink had 2 hits yesterday including a meaningless homer off some garbage reliever in the 9th inning.