• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers go to the Big Apple to play Yankees 9/2-9/4

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Labor Day, everyone! Game on in an hour, I think. Don't give us much hope. Maybe today with Minor.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solak sits. Guess first day in NY for the kid. Might be a rain delay

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Humor while we are in a rain delay

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor still a fixture in the lineup after September callups?

We must have the most stubborn front office ever. Surely we have someone else who could use the playing time. Odor needs to be riding the pine or be on his way out the door.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor still a fixture in the lineup after September callups?

We must have the most stubborn front office ever. Surely we have someone else who could use the playing time. Odor needs to be riding the pine or be on his way out the door.
Woodward has already indicated that Odor would be evaluated based on what he does this month, so him playing a lot shouldn't come as a surprise.

To me there can be three outcomes as far as Roogie's performance. He could do well and have it be the beginning of a major uptick in his career. To me that would be the best outcome, but by far the most unrealistic. That could happen, but it almost seems like believing in fairy tales to think it could happen. The next outcome could be for him to have a good month, but go right back to his terrible hitting at some point early on next year. To me that is the worst possible outcome by far. The third outcome is for him to have a dismal September and hope that makes a difference in the minds of management. To me, that third outcome is both realistic and could have great comsequences. We would be a lot better off if Odor has a bad September. That may seem harsh to some, but when evaluations are being made, the guys at both ends of the results spectrum help management to have easier decisions. When management has lots of tough decisions more mistakes are made.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Memories of the best Rangers rain delay.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodward has already indicated that Odor would be evaluated based on what he does this month, so him playing a lot shouldn't come as a surprise.

To me there can be three outcomes as far as Roogie's performance. He could do well and have it be the beginning of a major uptick in his career. To me that would be the best outcome, but by far the most unrealistic. That could happen, but it almost seems like believing in fairy tales to think it could happen. The next outcome could be for him to have a good month, but go right back to his terrible hitting at some point early on next year. To me that is the worst possible outcome by far. The third outcome is for him to have a dismal September and hope that makes a difference in the minds of management. To me, that third outcome is both realistic and could have great comsequences. We would be a lot better off if Odor has a bad September. That may seem harsh to some, but when evaluations are being made, the guys at both ends of the results spectrum help management to have easier decisions. When management has lots of tough decisions more mistakes are made.

I have to agree with you but I will root for him to do well

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to see him bottom out and be benched, demoted, or traded ASAP.

I think this experiment has played out. It’s not going to work out. I’ve been saying that for years.

I don’t feel bad because odor and his family are still getting all of that money no matter what happens. Odor probably chuckles everytime he receives an invoice from JD, he’s literally stealing money right now. Highway robbery.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny how BA ranks our minor league system in bottom 5 despite most teams being top or near top. Guess it is the lack of standout guys who look like they can dominate in MLB

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This field is tailor made for Willie Rakes

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Guzman at first.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with you but I will root for him to do well

If you root for him to do well, then aren't agreeing since saddles #3 is the preferred option, which is for Odor to fail.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you root for him to do well, then aren't agreeing since saddles #3 is the preferred option, which is for Odor to fail.

If Odor can learn to not overswing, be a bit more compact, use the whole field more, be more of a situational hitter, be a better contact hitter with two strikes, recognize pitches better performing with all this then that will be great and my preferred option. This is the ideal. But in a developmental season IMO he has had more rope than if we were competing for a playoff spot

But yes, if #3 is the preferred then I don't totally agree. I would have to bet it is the most realistic though.

Odor is a slugger for now, Solak looks like a hitter

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor can learn to not overswing, be a bit more compact, use the whole field more, be more of a situational hitter, be a better contact hitter with two strikes, recognize pitches better performing with all this then that will be great and my preferred option. This is the ideal. But in a developmental season IMO he has had more rope than if we were competing for a playoff spot

But yes, if #3 is the preferred then I don't totally agree. I would have to bet it is the most realistic though.

Well stated sir.........I think the organization seems to feel Odor is giving a 100% effort to improve - even though many/most have little appreciate for the results - they certainly look like 'more of the same' to us.....I get completely why any/all are frustrated, feed-up and disappointed with him.

Frankly, if option #3 is for him to fail, just to let the FO skate - insert JD here - then screw that......I think all of us were surprised, if not more, JD chose to sign the deal with Odor based on such limited playing time to begin with.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you agree that the worst thing that could happen would be that he does well over the next 4 weeks, gets a new life, and then struggles again next year?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor doing pretty well in a high profile outing