• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers contend with a possum and dirty water in the Oakland sewer 05/11 - 05/15

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird small ball with bunt and.run scored
Oaktown with the IF in and only 3rd inning

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:

“I’d gotten caught up in thinking in the box these last couple of weeks,” Smith said. “[Now I’m] thinking a lot in my work, and then just in the game kind of not thinking and having fun.”

Smith credits preparation (”when you do the stuff beforehand, you really don’t have to think about it,” he said). Bochy said simplicity is key.

“You have to have a self awareness about yourself,” Bochy said. ‘[Smith and I] talked about that, be the hitter that you should be and what we need, and not somebody who you aren’t. Smitty, I do think we was getting a little too geared toward power.”

Bochy inserted Smith as a pinch hitter in the 10th inning of Friday’s 9-7 loss to the Oakland Athletics. It wasn’t with the direction to bunt or intentionally sacrifice himself; rather it was to pull a pitch to right field and “maybe do some damage” with ghost runner Ezequiel Duran at second base. Smith instead worked a five-pitch walk and came around to score on a Marcus Semien single.

“He worked hard, he had some time, and I talked to him,” Bochy said. “Getting back to the swing that I saw this spring — using the whole field, not getting too big, not too geared toward power ... he’s in a better place now, he’s tightened it up a little bit. It’s good to see, he put a lot of work in to get back to where he was.”

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been swinging a much better bat lately

Wouldn't mind when Seager returns
LF- Smith
CF- Tavares
RF- Garcia
DH- Duran
I am hoping he plays pretty regularly but we will need someone to give guys a day off.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:

“I’d gotten caught up in thinking in the box these last couple of weeks,” Smith said. “[Now I’m] thinking a lot in my work, and then just in the game kind of not thinking and having fun.”

Smith credits preparation (”when you do the stuff beforehand, you really don’t have to think about it,” he said). Bochy said simplicity is key.

“You have to have a self awareness about yourself,” Bochy said. ‘[Smith and I] talked about that, be the hitter that you should be and what we need, and not somebody who you aren’t. Smitty, I do think we was getting a little too geared toward power.”

Bochy inserted Smith as a pinch hitter in the 10th inning of Friday’s 9-7 loss to the Oakland Athletics. It wasn’t with the direction to bunt or intentionally sacrifice himself; rather it was to pull a pitch to right field and “maybe do some damage” with ghost runner Ezequiel Duran at second base. Smith instead worked a five-pitch walk and came around to score on a Marcus Semien single.

“He worked hard, he had some time, and I talked to him,” Bochy said. “Getting back to the swing that I saw this spring — using the whole field, not getting too big, not too geared toward power ... he’s in a better place now, he’s tightened it up a little bit. It’s good to see, he put a lot of work in to get back to where he was.”
Totally agree he was too geared for power
He should be a gap hitter like he demonstrated today. He has a good eye and works the pitcher
That is good. He is plus defender in LF and the IF.
He is a savvy and speedy base runner

There is spot for him on this roster

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping he plays pretty regularly but we will need someone to give guys a day off.
Bochy plays his veteran regulars just about every day.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been swinging a much better bat lately

Wouldn't mind when Seager returns
LF- Smith
CF- Tavares
RF- Garcia
DH- Duran
I would love that. But don’t think Bochy is going to take Robbie out of the starting lineup.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy plays his veteran regulars just about every day.
Well Heim is sitting and Adolis did. Lowe has not and of course Duran plays every day.
Bet Smith can spell JUng

He might be a regular pending Garver

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith playing LF well

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Heim is sitting and Adolis did. Lowe has not and of course Duran plays every day.
Bet Smith can spell JUng

He might be a regular pending Garver
Now, they may trade for a hitter and change this whole discussion, but I like JTA's idea for now. Smith can still spell Jung every once in awhile and someone else can play LF on those days. Of course, that is all dependent on Smith continuing to hit.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, they may trade for a hitter and change this whole discussion, but I like JTA's idea for now. Smith can still spell Jung every once in awhile and someone else can play LF on those days. Of course, that is all dependent on Smith continuing to hit.
Or not getting hit apparently #8

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can keep him from getting hit so often.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First hit off Gray who has been dealing

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can keep him from getting hit so often.

There's an art to being HBP and not getting hurt...

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out confirmed