• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Come Home From Batting Practice To Face Rays Sept. 10-12

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I understand that when the best Ranger hitters for the season are considered that he won't have enough PA to be in the discussion. By the time I got in the conversation though, the discussion had evolved into whether he might just have started off well and then might level off. Maybe I was wrong in assuming "level off" meant something a little more negative than it was meant to be. Either way, it is an interesting discussion even if it did make a couple of twists and turns along the way. I definitely look forward to him playing 2B for us the next several years.
Yeah, nothing negative meant on "level off". I love the guy and think he will be a really good player but that is always a possibility.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan thinks the Rangers are more likely to pursue Donaldson in the offseason than Rendon. That is exactly the kind of decision making that got us Choo and Fielder. Let's hope Evan is wrong again.

Donaldson is a little more than a hired mercenary at this point, 1 year deals at this point, maybe 2

Easier to move on from those guys... So Rendon actually falls into the Choo Fielder equation to me more than Donaldson, long-term contract potentially doing long term damage and you're stuck with the player or the contract... Donaldson would be a sign and if he doesn't pan out, move on during or after the season

That being said I'd much rather have Rendon than Donaldson, and I also think he's a much better player than Choo ever was

Still boggles my mind that Fielder got 9 years, even at the time it was a WTF moment

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Odor
Wondering how many MLB fans do not like or want their HR and RBI leader. :crazy:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering how many MLB fans do not like or want their HR and RBI leader. :crazy:
I wonder how many guys fit into that category and are completely unreadable.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Odor just fine and I want him on the Texas Rangers. I would like to see him improve and get considerably more consistent. If he could do close to what he's done in September, most of the rest of the season then fantastic. We have seen him go on these stretches where he gets pretty hot for a few weeks though and we know he is likely to go real cold for longer stretches too but if he was more consistent then he can be a pretty good player.

If he cant get more consistent I still like him on the Rangers but not in an everyday starting spot just because someone's pride is in the way. If he IS going to start everyday though and can hit .230 with 30 HR's and drive in 65-70 from the 8th spot in the order then I think I could live with that.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Odor just fine and I want him on the Texas Rangers. I would like to see him improve and get considerably more consistent. If he could do close to what he's done in September, most of the rest of the season then fantastic. We have seen him go on these stretches where he gets pretty hot for a few weeks though and we know he is likely to go real cold for longer stretches too but if he was more consistent then he can be a pretty good player.

If he cant get more consistent I still like him on the Rangers but not in an everyday starting spot just because someone's pride is in the way. If he IS going to start everyday though and can hit .230 with 30 HR's and drive in 65-70 from the 8th spot in the order then I think I could live with that.

I guess the magic question is if there is only one opening and it is between Solak and Odor, who do you play? That question is for the future though and not relevant for now

But as stated last night Odors OPS is better than Elvis as well as a few more starters. That is not saying much though as it is below league average.

Point is that I agree that for now they should coexist but we shall see how all works out next year

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the magic question is if there is only one opening and it is between Solak and Odor, who do you play? That question is for the future though and not relevant for now

But as stated last night Odors OPS is better than Elvis as well as a few more starters. That is not saying much though as it is below league average.

Point is that I agree that for now they should coexist but we shall see how all works out next year

I don't think you have to choose between the 2 because I feel like Solak can play plenty of positions

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan thinks the Rangers are more likely to pursue Donaldson in the offseason than Rendon. That is exactly the kind of decision making that got us Choo and Fielder. Let's hope Evan is wrong again.
I agree

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W
I don't think you have to choose between the 2 because I feel like Solak can play plenty of positions
We played that game with profar? And it screwed him up. We did it with Young. Solak is a natural 2Bman leave him there and move Odor out of town

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solak at 3B. I like him there better than Danny S but a position that needs good reflexes. Looks like an audition

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threads up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

We played that game with profar? And it screwed him up. We did it with Young. Solak is a natural 2Bman leave him there and move Odor out of town

Woodward will put Solak in the right spot, he’s not Wash. I have a feeling it will work itself out just fine but may be destined for 3rd base in the immediate future if they don’t plan on trying to sign someone

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana should play 2B or the OF, he’s really just out of position anywhere else.

Solak at 3B. I like him there better than Danny S but a position that needs good reflexes. Looks like an audition