• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Close Out Season in Seattle With Four Games September 28 - October 1

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My batting order for last 2 games:

Semien
Carter
Grossman
Jung
Duran
Jankowski
Smith
Taveras
Hedges

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My batting order for last 2 games:

Semien
Carter
Grossman
Jung
Duran
Jankowski
Smith
Taveras
Hedges
So you’re benching Seager, Garver, Heim, and Garcia why exactly? Not sure what forfeiting accomplishes at this point.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re benching Seager, Garver, Heim, and Garcia why exactly? Not sure what forfeiting accomplishes at this point.
They’re not producing and haven’t in days

And it was a joke. I’ve quit on this season

Last edited:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not producing and haven’t in days

And it was a joke. I’ve quit on this season
Sorry, but not true.

Seager is 7 for his last 23 with a HR, Garcia is 7 for his last 23 with FOUR HR, and Garver is 8 for his last 23 with a HR. Those three guys are all hitting over .300 for the last 7 games with multiple home runs. They’re not the problem.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem lies with Lowe, Jung, and Heim. They are a combined 7 for their last 72 at-bats over the last 7 games.

When 1/3 of your starting lineup can’t even hit .100, you’re not going to score many runs at all. Jung is still not back to himself, Jonah hasn’t seemed right since he’s returned, and Lowe is just plain awful.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem lies with Lowe, Jung, and Heim. They are a combined 7 for their last 72 at-bats over the last 7 games.

When 1/3 of your starting lineup can’t even hit .100, you’re not going to score many runs at all. Jung is still not back to himself, Jonah hasn’t seemed right since he’s returned, and Lowe is just plain awful.
Fact

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think the Rangers are all in today and if they waste all pitching so be it for tomorrow

FWIW I would rather they hobble I to the postseason with this monkey off their back then lose both games. Experience specifically good experience is a good thing.
Overcoming adversity

Today thinking if we get Heaney through the order and past the big hitters again them Marteen comes in then JHern or Sborz next and others one inning a pop. Save Bradford just in case of extra innings

Not time to give up Ranger fans. Is seems like a curse but curses are made to be broken

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think the Rangers are all in today and if they waste all pitching so be it for tomorrow

FWIW I would rather they hobble I to the postseason with this monkey off their back then lose both games. Experience specifically good experience is a good thing.
Overcoming adversity

Today thinking if we get Heaney through the order and past the big hitters again them Marteen comes in then JHern or Sborz next and others one inning a pop. Save Bradford just in case of extra innings

Not time to give up Ranger fans. Is seems like a curse but curses are made to be broken
I still think we get in, if for no other reason than there are so many combinations of wins and losses which put us in:

1 win by TEX
or
2 losses by TOR
or
2 losses by HOU

If any of those things happen, we’re in. The ONLY way we can miss out is with 2 losses AND at least 1 win by both TOR and HOU.

Of course backing in is about as weak as it gets. But since we’re this close, even if we get swept in the opening series, I’d rather our young players get a few games of postseason exposure.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just got shut out and clobbered 8-0 last night, and we’re now facing their ace. On the road. With our worst starting pitcher on the hill. Logic would dictate we have no chance of winning tonight. But nothing about this season has made any sense at all. So just about any result tonight won’t surprise me.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush up and Speas DFA. Hope this does not backfire

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overcoming adversity

There is no curse involved. What they have done is who they are.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays down by 3 in the 10th.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays lost, so we’re 1 Toronto loss tomorrow away from qualifying. Hooray! What a statement that would make.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5) Josh Hader, LHP
There are other proven closers on the market this winter, including David Robertson and Craig Kimbrel, but those two former All-Stars are on the wrong side of 35 and won’t be viewed as long-term options for a club seeking to stabilize the ninth inning. Hader, on the other hand, turns 30 in April and is arguably the best reliever in the game right now. The lefty has allowed seven earned runs in 57 appearances this season (1.19 ERA), ranking in the 95th percentile or better in strikeout percentage, chase rate, xBA, xSLG and hard-hit percentage. Edwin Díaz landed a record-setting five-year, $102 million deal last winter, a figure Hader might approach -- or eclipse -- as the best reliever available.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hader and Robertson would be a great start.

Then trade Lowe and Taveras for relief pitchers.

Then sign one guy for the 6th or 7th inning.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still like this guy for the Rangers in the draft. He is currently listed as the 9th best college prospect in next July's draft.​

9. OF/RHP BRADEN MONTGOMERY, TEXAS A&M

1200x0.jpg

HEIGHT: 6’2

WEIGHT: 217

B/T: S/R

DRAFT DAY AGE: 21 YR 2 MO

Are you looking for someone with tools for days? Look no further than Braden Montgomery. The two-way star transferred to Texas A&M and will be looking to make an impact on both sides of the ball for the Aggies. He’s a force at the plate, as the switch-hitter has easy plus pop from both sides of the batter box. There were plenty of concerns about his approach and patience at the plate, but he greatly increased his walk rates and cut down on the strikeouts last year. He’s got the tools to project as a power corner outfielder as he has what might be the best arm in the draft class. It’s extremely accurate and has tons of carry. Montgomery also saw time on the bump as his fastball has been up to 97 MPH. He’s struggled quite a bit with command of his fastball, leading many to believe that he will eventually focus on being a bat only. He will likely be a day one call as many teams will want to take a shot on his physical tools and athleticism.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney likely will not get 5 innings.