• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Claim Rios, but still have to work out deal.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhetorical question.
Better yet.... "That's a Clown Question Bro"

It's going to be Murph, Martin, Rios (L,C,R)
Butler will be sent back down to the minors...

Gentry/Beltre bench roles...

Gentry/Beltre should be in CF, Murphy on the bench

Martin in LF

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 questions are 1) Does he play tonight? (thinking not) and 2) Does he bat 5th?

Doubt it... was in the lineup earlier for the WS.... so I imagine he wouldnt get to Houston till at or just before game time.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doubting either will be signed tbh

For Murphy isn't that a slippery slope? In order to get the FA compensation draft pick, won't we have to offer Murphy the "qualifying offer" of around $13-14 Mil? For what he makes now (under $6 mil) won't he grab at it? Or do you think the Rangers will pass on the qualifying offer and do without the compensation draft pick?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Murphy isn't that a slippery slope? In order to get the FA compensation draft pick, won't we have to offer Murphy the "qualifying offer" of around $13-14 Mil? For what he makes now (under $6 mil) won't he grab at it? Or do you think the Rangers will pass on the qualifying offer and do without the compensation draft pick?

They'll be glad to be done with him, he was never a draft compensation type of player anyway

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll pass on it. I think we'll sign one outfielder this offseason and have gentry/beltre as our 4th of. I don't even think we'll offer murph

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good possibility. Happened with Napoli in fear he would take it. Sure they will give Cruz a qualifying offer.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Bedard, Keuchel and Oberholtzer going in games 1, 3 and 4 of the series ... we should see Martin - Gentry - Rios although perhaps Rios doesn't report in time for tonight's game so Butler might get a start in LF for his cup of coffee.

Rios is primarily batted third this season ... last season fifth and 2011 fifth and sixth. His numbers are down this year batting third ... so I imagine TEX bats Rios fifth as that was primarily where Cruz batted.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see Cruz signing back here is if he still feels like he owes this team something, or if he just isnt comfortable moving anywhere else. I don't see us getting into a bidding war for him

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official. We got Rios, and it isn't going to cost us but a minor league infielder! He's under contract for next season, which should put him in LF for next season.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official. We got Rios, and it isn't going to cost us but a minor league infielder! He's under contract for next season, which should put him in LF for next season.

And more importantly the cash

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see Cruz signing back here is if he still feels like he owes this team something, or if he just isnt comfortable moving anywhere else. I don't see us getting into a bidding war for him

He does indeed love it here, but I agree, the Rangers will not get into a bidding war. Frankly, I'm expecting him to sign a 3 year contract without hitting free agency. But we'll see.

I'd be happy with Rios/Martin/Cruz for next season, and having Gentry as the backup.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, been confirmed that it isn't a "top prospect." Very likely it is Leury. White Sox wanted Odor very badly, so this is why the Leury assumption is being made. Most likely settled for Leury. Sad to see him go, but this is a win for the rangers IMO.

We had the White Sox backed in a corner on this one. It was either get something or eat Rios contract for the rest of the year and good luck in trying to trade him next season. If they were wanting to free some money up this is what they had to do. As the A team would say - "I love it when a plan comes together." or as in Mr T "I pity the fool." :)