• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers break losing streak vs Twins 6/27-6/29

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We at the halfway mark?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given enough time the beating will come.

You have an uphill battle with the pitching in the next series, I'm hoping for the best while not expecting anything

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they send Sardinas down.

Not that I know of. I was hoping he would PH for Choice when we had 1st and 3rd and 1 out in the 7th. I like how well he handles the bat.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Sardinas is sent down for Rosales - effective tomorrow.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they wanted him to get more at bats. Never know what may transpire by the trade deadline.

Since Rosales wasn't on the 40 man we'll have to make a move tomorrow in order to accommodate this.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they wanted him to get more at bats. Never know what may transpire by the trade deadline.

To me, it just defeats the purpose of seeing growth if he isn't playing on any type of regular basis; much less at a certain position. Good move IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it just defeats the purpose of seeing growth if he isn't playing on any type of regular basis; much less at a certain position. Good move IMO.
Agree . He needs to be playing and developing.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Rosales wasn't on the 40 man we'll have to make a move tomorrow in order to accommodate this.

Ogando, Moreland, & Scheppers can be moved to the 60 day DL, especially if they don't think they are coming back this year, I think Ogando is the only one definitely out the rest of the year, though Moreland & Scheppers are probably done

Forgot Kouzmanoff, also probably done

They'll start swapping these guys out on the 40 man as Soto, Holland & Beltre start coming back

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree . He needs to be playing and developing.

It hurts his long term development to be here and not playing on a regular basis. Plus, it hurts his trade value, and doesn't help the team at all really for him to be here now and being utilized the way he is. And that's not a knock on RW/JD at all. It's the awful realization of what's happened to this once promising season.

I honestly think the Rangers are much better off today, as well as tomorrow, by having a guy like Rosales come up and fill multi roles with little expectation for the current campaign, rather than screwing this kid up/around.

Frankly, I hope real soon we're able to do same with Choice too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando, Moreland, & Scheppers can be moved to the 60 day DL, especially if they don't think they are coming back this year, I think Ogando is the only one definitely out the rest of the year, though Moreland & Scheppers are probably done

Forgot Kouzmanoff, also probably done

They'll start swapping these guys out on the 40 man as Soto, Holland & Beltre start coming back

Didn't I just read that Ogando is now off the certain surgery list and is on rest only for 3 weeks? Then if all goes well, he'll start a throwing plan.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I just read that Ogando is now off the certain surgery list and is on rest only for 3 weeks? Then if all goes well, he'll start a throwing plan.

I thought he was getting TJ surgery... thats the last I heard, anything you've heard is more current than what I have

If thats the case then you're looking at one of the other guys I missed, Moreland, Kouzmanoff or Scheppers, etc...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was getting TJ surgery... thats the last I heard, anything you've heard is more current than what I have

If thats the case then you're looking at one of the other guys I missed, Moreland, Kouzmanoff or Scheppers, etc...

Looks like we'll know more in about 3 weeks, but it doesn't look good long term regardless of this year

News: Ogando (elbow) will remain shut down for three more weeks, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. (Thu Jun 26)

Spin: Ogando has been shut down for three weeks already and it will be at least three more weeks until he's cleared to resume a throwing program. A follow-up visit to Dr. James Andrews on Thursday confirmed the original diagnosis of inflammation and wear and tear to the elbow ligament. While the damage is not significant enough to require surgery, the Rangers will be especially cautious given the nature of the injury.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts his long term development to be here and not playing on a regular basis. Plus, it hurts his trade value, and doesn't help the team at all really for him to be here now and being utilized the way he is. And that's not a knock on RW/JD at all. It's the awful realization of what's happened to this once promising season.

I honestly think the Rangers are much better off today, as well as tomorrow, by having a guy like Rosales come up and fill multi roles with little expectation for the current campaign, rather than screwing this kid up/around.

Frankly, I hope real soon we're able to do same with Choice too.

Agree