• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Baseball League

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling good about holding up the rear after reading two of my selected pitchers are looking at TJ surgery

It pays to do a little research before the draft.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Yahoo draft board is tough bc it doesn't tell you there...you have to search elsewhere ahead of time...there were several of us that drafted hurt players though...just stash them on your DL just in case

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Yahoo draft board is tough bc it doesn't tell you there...you have to search elsewhere ahead of time...there were several of us that drafted hurt players though...just stash them on your DL just in case

Cbs always gives you the injury news during the draft

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but I don't think CBS does any free leagues

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I only took Holland that's hurt, way at the end and on purpose, already on my DL

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I only took Holland that's hurt, way at the end and on purpose, already on my DL

You can't add anyone else in his place till the 19th right?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't add anyone else in his place till the 19th right?

Correct. All players not drafted are currently on waivers. If there is a player you really want and you are afraid someone else will grab him before you do on the 19th, then you can submit a waiver claim for him. Otherwise, just wait until the 19th and all players will be released into Free Agency.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****** WAIVERS EXPLANATION ******

It just occurred to me that I should probably explain how waivers work.

After the draft, all players not picked are placed on waivers for 2 days. Our league works on a priority waiver system, where the team with the #1 waiver priority gets first crack at any players on waivers. Our initial waiver priority order is the inverse order of the first round of the draft. So pick 10 (Double Entendres) currently has the #1 waiver claim. He will continue to possess the #1 waiver priority spot until he chooses to use that waiver claim, at which point he will be moved to the back of the line.

Waivers adds an extra element of strategy to the game. Any time a player is dropped by a fantasy team, he is put on waivers for 2 days. At that point, you as a fantasy owner have to decide if he is worthy of you using a waiver pick on or not. If he's a guy you really really want, chances are that others want him too. So if you have the #1 or #2 waiver priority claim, the chances are good you will get him. Or, if you'd rather hold on to your high waiver priority spot, you can skip claiming that player and hope that no other team puts a waiver claim in on him. Remember that any time you use a waiver claim and get rewarded the player, no matter what spot you held before you will be moved back to the back of the line to the #10 priority spot. And don't let having a #8 or #9 claim ranking deter you from using your claim if you really want a guy on waivers. You might just beat out the #10 owner for that player's services. I've seen it happen before where teams #1-7 pass on a guy only to have the #8 team get him.

At the end of the 2-day waiver period for each player, Yahoo looks at the waiver claims put in for that player and awards him to the highest priority team. If no waiver claims were put in for the player during his 2-day waiver period, then Yahoo releases him into Free Agency where he can be picked up for free on a first-come first-serve basis.

So, claiming via waivers vs. risking waiting to add for free in Free Agency... your call.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****** WAIVERS EXPLANATION ******

It just occurred to me that I should probably explain how waivers work.

After the draft, all players not picked are placed on waivers for 2 days. Our league works on a priority waiver system, where the team with the #1 waiver priority gets first crack at any players on waivers. Our initial waiver priority order is the inverse order of the first round of the draft. So pick 10 (Double Entendres) currently has the #1 waiver claim. He will continue to possess the #1 waiver priority spot until he chooses to use that waiver claim, at which point he will be moved to the back of the line.

Waivers adds an extra element of strategy to the game. Any time a player is dropped by a fantasy team, he is put on waivers for 2 days. At that point, you as a fantasy owner have to decide if he is worthy of you using a waiver pick on or not. If he's a guy you really really want, chances are that others want him too. So if you have the #1 or #2 waiver priority claim, the chances are good you will get him. Or, if you'd rather hold on to your high waiver priority spot, you can skip claiming that player and hope that no other team puts a waiver claim in on him. Remember that any time you use a waiver claim and get rewarded the player, no matter what spot you held before you will be moved back to the back of the line to the #10 priority spot. And don't let having a #8 or #9 claim ranking deter you from using your claim if you really want a guy on waivers. You might just beat out the #10 owner for that player's services. I've seen it happen before where teams #1-7 pass on a guy only to have the #8 team get him.

At the end of the 2-day waiver period for each player, Yahoo looks at the waiver claims put in for that player and awards him to the highest priority team. If no waiver claims were put in for the player during his 2-day waiver period, then Yahoo releases him into Free Agency where he can be picked up for free on a first-come first-serve basis.

So, claiming via waivers vs. risking waiting to add for free in Free Agency... your call.

Thanks for being helpful to newbs like myself. Can you provide an explanation for trades please?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for being helpful to newbs like myself. Can you provide an explanation for trades please?

Trades are pretty simple. If you want to trade for someone's player(s), just visit his team's page. Then follow these steps:

1. Next to the players' names you will see a column labeled "Action". In that column you will see a little icon next to each player's name that has two arrows pointing toward one another. This is the trade icon. Click that icon next to the player you want to trade for
2. It will then take you to a screen with a bunch of check mark boxes to the left of all of the players' names. This is for if you want to add extra players to the trade. You will notice that the box next to the player's name you originally clicked the trade icon for (in step 1) is already checked since you already indicated you wanted to trade for him.
3. Next, below the other team's roster you will see your own roster (on the same page). It will also have check mark boxes next to your players' names. Put check marks in the boxes of the players you are willing to offer in exchange for the players from the other team you already put checks next to (in step 2).
4. Once all players from both teams involved in the proposed trade are checked off, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
5. The last page you will then be taken to is the confirmation page. You will see only the players in the deal on this page where you can take one last moment to compare stats. If you decide you definitely want to offer the deal, click the "Send Trade Proposal" button. If you have second thoughts, click "Cancel".

Once you click "Send Trade Proposal", an email will be sent to the other owner with the details of your offer. He can either choose to accept, decline, or send a counter offer.

If he accepts the deal, Yahoo will then send out a league-wide email announcing the trade. There will then be a 2-day waiting period before the trade is processed. During this time, other owners may vote to disallow the trade if they feel the trade is completely one-sided or a sign of cheating. However, it takes a 2/3 majority vote to overturn any trade and most people are cool and don't vote against deals. Usually only the shadiest of deals get overturned. Once the 2-day period is over, Yahoo will process the trade and you will see the new players on your roster.

Also, it is important to note that for every player you ask to acquire, you must either give one back or drop one to Free Agency. So if you get 2 players in a trade, you must trade away 2 or trade away 1 and then drop an additional one to make room. At no point will Yahoo allow you to exceed the max roster size.

The last thing I will mention about trades, specifically to the newbies to fantasy, is that sometimes trades and trade proposals can cause a lot of conflict if not well thought out. People can easily get offended or pissed off if you send them a ripoff trade proposal. It can even cause them to refuse to trade with you in the future. I'm not personally that way and I can't speak for the others here, but I have seen it happen before. So if you want to put together a good offer, find a trade partner whose weakness is your strength. If you've got extra OF and his OF suck, he'd probably be willing to part with a pitcher or infielder to get one of your extra OF. Also, try to trade players with similar draft or stat values. If you ask for Trout and offer up your last 3 picks in exchange, it's gonna be a huge waste of time. Pick players who were either drafted fairly close to each other or ones with similar numbers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades are pretty simple. If you want to trade for someone's player(s), just visit his team's page. Then follow these steps:

1. Next to the players' names you will see a column labeled "Action". In that column you will see a little icon next to each player's name that has two arrows pointing toward one another. This is the trade icon. Click that icon next to the player you want to trade for
2. It will then take you to a screen with a bunch of check mark boxes to the left of all of the players' names. This is for if you want to add extra players to the trade. You will notice that the box next to the player's name you originally clicked the trade icon for (in step 1) is already checked since you already indicated you wanted to trade for him.
3. Next, below the other team's roster you will see your own roster (on the same page). It will also have check mark boxes next to your players' names. Put check marks in the boxes of the players you are willing to offer in exchange for the players from the other team you already put checks next to (in step 2).
4. Once all players from both teams involved in the proposed trade are checked off, hit the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
5. The last page you will then be taken to is the confirmation page. You will see only the players in the deal on this page where you can take one last moment to compare stats. If you decide you definitely want to offer the deal, click the "Send Trade Proposal" button. If you have second thoughts, click "Cancel".

Once you click "Send Trade Proposal", an email will be sent to the other owner with the details of your offer. He can either choose to accept, decline, or send a counter offer.

If he accepts the deal, Yahoo will then send out a league-wide email announcing the trade. There will then be a 2-day waiting period before the trade is processed. During this time, other owners may vote to disallow the trade if they feel the trade is completely one-sided or a sign of cheating. However, it takes a 2/3 majority vote to overturn any trade and most people are cool and don't vote against deals. Usually only the shadiest of deals get overturned. Once the 2-day period is over, Yahoo will process the trade and you will see the new players on your roster.

Also, it is important to note that for every player you ask to acquire, you must either give one back or drop one to Free Agency. So if you get 2 players in a trade, you must trade away 2 or trade away 1 and then drop an additional one to make room. At no point will Yahoo allow you to exceed the max roster size.

The last thing I will mention about trades, specifically to the newbies to fantasy, is that sometimes trades and trade proposals can cause a lot of conflict if not well thought out. People can easily get offended or pissed off if you send them a ripoff trade proposal. It can even cause them to refuse to trade with you in the future. I'm not personally that way and I can't speak for the others here, but I have seen it happen before. So if you want to put together a good offer, find a trade partner whose weakness is your strength. If you've got extra OF and his OF suck, he'd probably be willing to part with a pitcher or infielder to get one of your extra OF. Also, try to trade players with similar draft or stat values. If you ask for Trout and offer up your last 3 picks in exchange, it's gonna be a huge waste of time. Pick players who were either drafted fairly close to each other or ones with similar numbers.

Another issue with trades is when people get pissy when people don't want to accept what might be considered by most a fair trade, keep in mind people don't have to accept your trade, no matter how good/fair you might think it is

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another issue with trades is when people get pissy when people don't want to accept what might be considered by most a fair trade, keep in mind people don't have to accept your trade, no matter how good/fair you might think it is

Very good point. Just because your offer is fair doesn't mean it's what the other guy is looking for.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hope most people in our league wouldnt throw fits about rejected trades.....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little late to be asking this, but do I only set one lineup for the entire week, or can I set a different lineup for each day as long as I do it by the deadline each week?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little late to be asking this, but do I only set one lineup for the entire week, or can I set a different lineup for each day as long as I do it by the deadline each week?

Just one lineup for the entire week. After the games start on Monday, any changes you make will only take effect the following week.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one lineup for the entire week. After the games start on Monday, any changes you make will only take effect the following week.

Ok. I want sure because o think you can set lineups for each day in advance, no?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, how was wade miley left as an FA. I got to drop panel and grab him. Didn't even have to wait for waivers.