• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Baseball League

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That helps greatly.
Thank you very much.

One follow up question.
Looks like we carry 9 pitchers on the roster, it appears they all start throughout the week.
Is that correct?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That helps greatly.
Thank you very much.

One follow up question.
Looks like we carry 9 pitchers on the roster, it appears they all start throughout the week.
Is that correct?

Yep you can start 9 pitchers

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That helps greatly.
Thank you very much.

One follow up question.
Is that correct?

You can actually carry more than 9 pitchers on the roster and I would recommend that you do. When it says that there are 9 pitching spots on each team, that is referring to the number of active pitchers each week. You will also see multiple "BN" slots. Those are your bench players (can be any position). So when we draft our teams, you will draft an entire starting lineup, but you will also draft guys for your bench. And just to be clear, the guys you draft into your starting lineup slots don't necessarily have to be your starters for Week 1. You might draft a starting SS and then another SS for your bench, but your "backup" SS might have a better matchup in Week 1. The same goes for pitchers. The 10th pitcher you draft very well might make your starting lineup of 9 pitchers in Week 1.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a innings limit?

Nope. Since it's a weekly lineup change league, you can't load up with 9 new pitchers every day, so there is no need for the innings limit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Since it's a weekly lineup change league, you can't load up with 9 new pitchers every day, so there is no need for the innings limit.

Is it just lineups that are set weekly, but pitchers can be set daily?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just lineups that are set weekly, but pitchers can be set daily?

No, both hitters and pitchers are set only once per week. We had several people who only had time to set their lineups once a week. So I didn't want to give those of us who have more time to spend on it too big of an advantage by rolling out new starting pitchers every day. I used to prefer daily lineups in head 2 head, but I've kind of gotten used to weekly changes in my other league and it's not so bad. It definitely adds an element of strategy, having to plot out starters for an entire week at a time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all your help Will

one last question...If you have Beltre at 3B for the week but on Friday night Wash puts him at DH, do you just take 0 for that night regardless what AB does as the DH?

OR other words...Ortiz/Butler type guys are the utility in fantasy....correct?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one last question...If you have Beltre at 3B for the week but on Friday night Wash puts him at DH, do you just take 0 for that night regardless what AB does as the DH?

If he's in the lineup it doesn't matter where. If he's hitting, you'll get credit for his stats.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Butler and Ortiz are listed as "1B"

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romeo is correct. If you have a guy in your active roster, it doesn't matter where his actual manager plays him. Your team gets whatever points he earns for you. Also, there are some players who have multi-position eligibility in fantasy baseball. One example who comes to mind is Emilio Bonifacio. He can be your OF or 2B because he plays both in real life. Yahoo will list every position at which a player is eligible for fantasy next to his name.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft day is here guys! The draft room will be made available by Yahoo approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. To access the draft room, visit either the league page or your team's page after 9 pm. After 9 pm, a link will appear on both of those pages which says "Enter Live Draft". Click on that link and the draft room will open in a separate window. At that time, you will be able to see the random draft order that Yahoo has generated for us as well as the list of players available and your team's empty roster spots.

Be sure to show up 30 minutes beforehand just in case you have any trouble logging in or accessing the draft room.

Good luck to everyone!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft day is here guys! The draft room will be made available by Yahoo approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. To access the draft room, visit either the league page or your team's page after 9 pm. After 9 pm, a link will appear on both of those pages which says "Enter Live Draft". Click on that link and the draft room will open in a separate window. At that time, you will be able to see the random draft order that Yahoo has generated for us as well as the list of players available and your team's empty roster spots.

Be sure to show up 30 minutes beforehand just in case you have any trouble logging in or accessing the draft room.

Good luck to everyone!

And just to verify is this 9:30 Central time?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun draft, look forward to beating up on you all soon. JK not sure about my team, it very well could stink up the joint.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun draft, look forward to beating up on you all soon. JK not sure about my team, it very well could stink up the joint.

Get in the top 6.... Anything can happen in the playoffs

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, got sidetracked and couldn't make the draft, but pretty happy with my team.

I know there is at least one of you guys looking to get Yu on your roster. Well, make me an offer...just make sure I can't refuse it :)

Actually, with all my closers...might need to hang on to Yu and then trade him for a package later :pout:

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feeling good about holding up the rear after reading two of my selected pitchers are looking at TJ surgery