• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Baseball League

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely no way you could guarantee that, Yu could've got knocked around as well, especially with the way Lee got abused as well

The phillies gave up 10 runs dude..... Most of the time Yu actually loses the score is 1-0.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phillies gave up 10 runs dude..... Most of the time Yu actually loses the score is 1-0.

Means jack shit, you're just running your mouth like usual with things you can't back up, making declarative statements with no basis in truth or fact, just assumptions and opinions

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team has played the worst this week...

Lol..... I had my starting short stop "Reyes" and utility hitter "Ramos" get injured on a MONDAY. Could not have happened at a worse time. I've gotten no production out of the SS and utility spot. I'll probably end up losing tomorrow.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol..... I had my starting short stop "Reyes" and utility hitter "Ramos" get injured on a MONDAY. Could not have happened at a worse time. I've gotten no production out of the SS and utility spot. I'll probably end up losing tomorrow.

Lol Reyes hamstrings can't stay healthy

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still early in the season ( for fantasy and the real thing), but 2 weeks are over. What do you guys think of your team? Other peoples teams? First impressions? Any regrets in the draft? I think this thread will pick up midway through the season. I've had fun so far. I know that I have a very tough opponent next week ( Wacha Wacha). I think that's Will. Should be interesting.

So far I've had injuries to my lineup and rotation, but I've been able to make due. My biggest position regret is probably Jose Reyes ( up to this point), I remembered a few seasons ago that nobody could get him out and made the selection. He can still produce, it's early and Toronto's lineup is really hitting the ball.

I've had several pitching regrets. I'll admit, I was last to the table when we picked closers and Addison Reed hasn't had much to close. I picked Scheppers, thinking he might win the closer job or become a starter. He ended up stinking as a SP and I think he's heading back to the bullpen. Finally, nobody was about to foresee the injury to Matt Moore. I guess I have to place my faith in Tyler Skaggs and Garrett Richards. ( 3 Angel pitchers and I didn't intend for it to happen).......

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team stinks mailing it in already

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder and Beltre are killing my team.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fantasy season started? seems my team never got that memo! haha

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Will.... 2 complete game shut outs for your pitchers on back to back days. You sure know how to pick em!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fantasy season started? seems my team never got that memo! haha

I told you not to get upset after week 1 and just hold the line as I would give you a total thrashing. Stay the course your team will come around.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekly lineup thing is interesting. Still not sure if I like it or hate it, but its interesting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly lineups reward those who plan ahead and strategize. Daily lineups reward those who check on their teams most often. We had a group of owners who said they didn't have the time to devote to fantasy baseball on a daily basis, so to keep it a little more fair we made it weekly.

What don't you like about weekly lineups?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly lineups reward those who plan ahead and strategize. Daily lineups reward those who check on their teams most often. We had a group of owners who said they didn't have the time to devote to fantasy baseball on a daily basis, so to keep it a little more fair we made it weekly.

What don't you like about weekly lineups?

I'm able to check mine daily and make decisions on the fly in a couple minutes, I don't much feel like like looking lineups a week in advance to see who is the best play, seems

Basically I do one thing all week, adjust my lineup on Sunday and thats about it, I barely look at my team otherwise, I feel very uninvolved with my team, b/c there's really nothing for me to do outside of Sundays lineup adjustment

I'm all about strategy, but I'm not going to check a hundred matchups in advance

Needless to say this will be my last weekly update league

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm able to check mine daily and make decisions on the fly in a couple minutes, I don't much feel like like looking lineups a week in advance to see who is the best play, seems

Basically I do one thing all week, adjust my lineup on Sunday and thats about it, I barely look at my team otherwise, I feel very uninvolved with my team, b/c there's really nothing for me to do outside of Sundays lineup adjustment

I'm all about strategy, but I'm not going to check a hundred matchups in advance

Needless to say this will be my last weekly update league

It's not about checking hundreds of matchups. You are always going to play your top players regardless. The matchup analysis comes in when making the decisions on who to start in those last few pitching and hitting slots.

The problem with daily lineup changes in head 2 head leagues is that it rewards quantity and not quality. Whoever plugs in the most hitters and picks up and drops the most starting pitchers on a daily basis wins each week 99.9% of the time. I know, because I've played in those leagues many times before. By mid-season, inevitably the situation is created where the 4 or 5 teams who have made the most lineup additions are way out in front and everyone else who hasn't had the time to spend on it just end up quitting.

Weekly lineups have their drawbacks too, so I understand that not everyone is a fan. But with the group we have in this league who indicated they didn't have the time to devote to it daily, it's the best system to keep everyone competing.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about checking hundreds of matchups. You are always going to play your top players regardless. The matchup analysis comes in when making the decisions on who to start in those last few pitching and hitting slots.

The problem with daily lineup changes in head 2 head leagues is that it rewards quantity and not quality. Whoever plugs in the most hitters and picks up and drops the most starting pitchers on a daily basis wins each week 99.9% of the time. I know, because I've played in those leagues many times before. By mid-season, inevitably the situation is created where the 4 or 5 teams who have made the most lineup additions are way out in front and everyone else who hasn't had the time to spend on it just end up quitting.

Weekly lineups have their drawbacks too, so I understand that not everyone is a fan. But with the group we have in this league who indicated they didn't have the time to devote to it daily, it's the best system to keep everyone competing.

Its easy to stay involved when you only have to move the mouse once a week... its just not for me

I'm not saying it wasn't the right choice for those involved, but knowing what I know now I'd probably have abstained

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally different drafting strategy in Weekly lineups too that I wouldn't have been aware of, the importance of good starting pitching WAY more important in a league like this

As a result my starting pitching is weak as hell and is going to bother me for the rest of the year, thats another thing that annoys me