• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers at home for a weekend series vs the Dads - April 9-11

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pitching change has backfired

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to judging Gallo as a hitter I mainly look at his OPS. When I judge any player I almost completely ignore 2020, because it was 2020. Here are his last 4 OPS numbers ignoring 2020.

I can easily accept 3 of those 4 numbers along with his defense. The .810 isn't too shabby. Let's see if he can do well this year though, just to make sure last year can be attributed to 2020. That doesn't mean necessarily that he should be traded or not. There are a lot of factors to consider for that decision.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to judging Gallo as a hitter I mainly look at his OPS. When I judge any player I almost completely ignore 2020, because it was 2020. Here are his last 4 OPS numbers ignoring 2020.

I can easily accept 3 of those 4 numbers along with his defense. The .810 isn't too shabby. Let's see if he can do well this year though, just to make sure last year can be attributed to 2020. That doesn't mean necessarily that he should be traded or not. There are a lot of factors to consider for that decision.
I think Gallos number should are hurt by the lack of protection behind him in the lineup
So easy to pitch around him or just give him junk pitches. This would not happen on a better hitting team. He has had to have extreme discipline as a batter and could easily think I have to do it because batters behind are likely not too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even an .810 OPS with his defense and baserunning is probably a 3-4 WAR player. I agree with you. It's amazing to me how many want to get rid of the only good player on the Texas Rangers.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty much done with the guy that currently has a 147 wrc+?
Well hopefully not the only good player. Do think a healthy Dahl, Lowe and Trevino if he keeps it up could start on other decent teams as well. The rest. Hmmm

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that worth the contract he's going to get?
His agent is Scott Boras. His clients hardly ever resign with the teams that they are on. It's better to get something for him, than to end up with nothing.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent is Scott Boras. His clients hardly ever resign with the teams that they are on. It's better to get something for him, than to end up with nothing.

I agree. I think the Rangers will be better off trading Gallo in the long run.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad day at the Globe.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In discussing Gallo there are really two different discussions. One is his performance as a hitter. The other is whether or not he should be traded.

I think there is evidence that he is a very good hitter.

I think there are a lot of factors to consider concerning if he should be traded or not.

One thing I do believe very strongly, is that this team will need, at some point, to pay for a couple of hitters. One, hopefully, will be one of the best in the league and the other will be a very good hitter. They should expect to pay market value for each of those two guys. If not, we will most likely not reach the WS again. Teams that are much better than us at drafting and developing players may be able to get away with not paying top dollar, but not us.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In discussing Gallo there are really two different discussions. One is his performance as a hitter. The other is whether or not he should be traded.

I think there are a lot of factors to consider concerning if he should be traded or not.

One thing I do believe very strongly, is that this team will need, at some point, to pay for a couple of hitters. One, hopefully, will be one of the best in the league and the other will be a very good hitter. They should expect to pay market value for each of those two guys. If not, we will most likely not reach the WS again. Teams that are much better than us at drafting and developing players may be able to get away with not paying top dollar, but not us.

This ties into my opinion of Gallo. I agree the Rangers will need to pay for a top tier hitter and a very good hitter. I do not consider Gallo to be either of those at this point, and if we're going to pay that kind of money, the return should be more than what Gallo can offer.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite getting swept and no-hit, there are some positive aspects to this series.

San Diego has a stout offense even without Tatis, and the staff held them to 3 runs on Friday and 2 runs today. Folty in particular had a great start today.

We're getting good contributions from our two catchers.

Taveras managed to not strike out at all in his two games played.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My main issue is giving him a extension for mega bucks when he certainly is not showing why he should get one. How long do we wait to see if he can ever achieve at that level. The last thing we do not want or need is another Odor fiasco. Now concerning a trade, I do not see us getting much the way he is hitting. If someone needs a RF then there may be something there but who knows. If he were consistant in hitting problem solved but he is not even close. Believe me I want him to be one of the big time hitters to go along with his defense but will he get there?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ties into my opinion of Gallo. I agree the Rangers will need to pay for a top tier hitter and a very good hitter. I do not consider Gallo to be either of those at this point, and if we're going to pay that kind of money, the return should be more than what Gallo can offer.
I agree completely. Wish he were.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main issue is giving him a extension for mega bucks when he certainly is not showing why he should get one. How long do we wait to see if he can ever achieve at that level. The last thing we do not want or need is another Odor fiasco. Now concerning a trade, I do not see us getting much the way he is hitting. If someone needs a RF then there may be something there but who knows. If he were consistant in hitting problem solved but he is not even close. Believe me I want him to be one of the big time hitters to go along with his defense but will he get there?
I disagree with your assessment of him as a hitter. I think he has put up the numbers that show he is a very good hitter.