• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Angels 6/20-6/22

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS game... buts hats off to Martinez he pitched his ass off.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later guys. Have GOOD SUNDAY

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stacked against us the whole game. We didn't have a snow balls chance in hell of winning today.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious...How many still think we have a chance to make the WC this year?

0 chance
Somewhere there will be a table of the WC standings and the percentage (chance) each team has.

I would guess there are 8 teams at least ahead of us. If you don't have a pitching staff, it's pretty understandable, and if you have a decimated team, it's a victory to stay out of the cellar.
Martinez looked good, that's what it's about this season, nothing wrong with that.

Harrison will not pitch again, fusion surgery and a MLB pitcher? NO. it's not going to happen.
Perez is unlikely to be a big factor next year.
JD will have to replace 2 and maybe 3 pitchers if Colby doesn't hold up. That's 4. We desperately need a guy to come out of nowhere, or a guy like Martinez prove he's ready.
Ross, no. I know they want him to start, but he's not a starter. I assume the Ogando experiment is over.
How would you like to be JD right now?

If they don't put Choo on the DL, I'm going to quickly lose a lot of respect for this organization, he fully admits he's playing hurt, and they're letting that investment play in a year where it doesn't matter?

We'll go to our 2nd big investment, Cervical fusion surgery for a power hitter? No one has a clue, if he'll be able to play, or if he can return close to form. So, I'll assume the best there, but be prepared for the worst.

I've forgiven JD for not putting Fielder through a scanner, which was a almost unbelievable mistake from someone who is as smart as Jon Daniels. If Detroit said, this is it, this is the deal, take it now, no physicals but here's his records.....you turn it down. Something is not right there, because you would think Detroit would have wanted Kinsler scanned, or at least a physical, he's been injured a lot, and.... he's an MI.

It makes me wonder if Fielder had complained quietly that he was feeling some discomfort in his neck, (even a few times)but he was okay, and Detroit never looked into it because they had planned to trade him anyway. The more they didn't know, the better off they were.
And Fielder has said it bothered him last year.
Okay, we all know that horrible situation now, nothing anyone can do. Lesson learned, I can almost guarantee he received an earful for that one, and he should have.

However, after going through that disaster, how can you justify that you keep running out there... your 2nd major long term investment? His ankle needs to heal fully, before it becomes a chronic problem.
You can't justify it. This is beyond stupid, and it worries me.

Who the freak cares if we come in last place this year? I don't, and no one should after these types of injuries, but you can protect those who aren't completely broken yet.

On a positive note, I think everyone is playing to win, the are maintaining good attitudes...and I'm impressed the team is managing to win the games they are, quite frankly. And JD does deserve credit for the depth he's built that's keeping the team afloat.

And don't ever trade with Billy Beane again, when he breaks his major rule for a 4th OF....he shouldn't be trusted. He should be told to f off.
Choice has not impressed me, he's a rook, so we'll see...but I see some concern there.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels and the umps 3 Rangers 2.

The strike zone was the size of Orange county, it seemed, for both teams. (Maybe Weaver did get more calls, I didn't see the first few innings)You know it's REALLY bad when Rios gets the boot. That guy wouldn't say boo to a ghost.

Besides an occasional smile, and a nod to the team after a hit or something, he doesn't show much emotion, he never has.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY GOOD DEED TODAY: Game time is 7:00 pm on ESPN. Direct TV channel 206. Hope to see you there.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I hope Yu has a good approach for this guy

Angels first baseman Albert Pujols returned to the starting lineup Sunday against the Rangers after missing Saturday's game due to back spasms. The injury also forced Pujols to leave Friday's game.

He is batting .311 with one home run, two doubles, five runs and nine RBI in his last 11 games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I hope Yu has a good approach for this guy

Angels first baseman Albert Pujols returned to the starting lineup Sunday against the Rangers after missing Saturday's game due to back spasms. The injury also forced Pujols to leave Friday's game.

He is batting .311 with one home run, two doubles, five runs and nine RBI in his last 11 games.

Here's an interesting stat on Yu:

In 2013, Darvish averaged 4.10 pitches per plate appearance, the third most in the majors behind Chris Tillman and Shelby Miller. This year, he ranks 64th, at 3.73, a dramatic improvement.....Olney

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2013, Darvish averaged 4.10 pitches per plate appearance, the third most in the majors behind Chris Tillman and Shelby Miller. This year, he ranks 64th, at 3.73, a dramatic improvement.....Olney
Where have you been? Ran out on us last night leaving us to hate the umps. Bad boy. :nod:
:nod:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been? Ran out on us last night leaving us to hate the umps. Bad boy. :nod:

hahaha.......sounds like I left just in time.

I'll hang tough for tonight though. And seriously, I look for Yu to have a good bounce back game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have noticed his pitch counts in most games so far have been much better this year

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame him. These games are getting harder to watch. Especially if you're fighting the other team and the umps. It's going to get kinda rough watching the A's and Angels frolic toward the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame him. These games are getting harder to watch. Especially if you're fighting the other team and the umps. It's going to get kinda rough watching the A's and Angels frolic toward the playoffs.

Hey....we've all seen worse than this; much worse really, from this team/organization. So, I'm not bailing at all.

I seriously think we have much to look forward too for the rest of the season, although I don't think massive, offensive onslaughts are one of em.

Go Rangers...........:yahoo:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, did Uehara have a bad 9th today or what? Came in to close with a 2 run lead and gives up two solo HR. But he's still having a terrific season. Can't confuse him with Joe Nathan, that's for sure.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey....we've all seen worse than this; much worse really, from this team/organization. So, I'm not bailing at all.

I seriously think we have much to look forward too for the rest of the season, although I don't think massive, offensive onslaughts are one of em.

Go Rangers...........:yahoo:
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer myself but that game last night put me in bad mood. And to watch the Angels celebrate. . . I can't watch much of that.

We do have a lot to look forward to but it may just be individual achievements.

Come what may, GO RANGERS!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer myself but that game last night put me in bad mood. And to watch the Angels celebrate. . . I can't watch much of that.

We do have a lot to look forward to but it may just be individual achievements.

Come what may, GO RANGERS!
Individual is right.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individual is right.

You're right.....but I think most of the "individuals" we're watching get the team/we concept very well.

See nice futures for our youngsters of Sardinas/Choice/Chirinos/Odor/Martin/Perez/Martinez, and I'll even throw Profar in there as more of a hope at this point.

Haven't completed punted the bottom line for this season, but I do agree pretty much, now we have to measure the future and look at the "individual" performances for 2015, in general anyway.