• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers (1) v. Sens (8) ECQF series thread

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I think the Sens are a bit unlucky not to be up 3-1 in this series. With the exception of most of Game 1, they have outplayed the Rangers.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah seriously Kenny. Turris is gonna be a star on this team going forward. He's got way too much skill not to be and you're right...when he bulks up then he's gonna be a serious force.

He has the tools. What I like most is that even with his skinny, weighing less than than Kate Winslet, ass he battles like a champ. If he can bulk up he's going to be a terror.

And what a release!!!!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I think the Sens are a bit unlucky not to be up 3-1 in this series. With the exception of most of Game 1, they have outplayed the Rangers.

This is true. You know it must be so if a Leafs fan is saying it. :tongue:

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sens need to keep playing the same way and they'll keep making life difficult for the Rangers. I agree with the sentiment that the Sens could be leading this series 3-1. Now they just have to keep doing what they're doing and win it for Alfie!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the 7th OT game in a row the Rangers have lost. So we need to win in regulation.

Or you know.. try to actually score 5-on-5.

Your team has too much talent to just back off and block shots like they have been for the last 3 games. Lundqvist, as great as he is, can only do so much.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team has too much talent to just back off and block shots like they have been for the last 3 games. Lundqvist, as great as he is, can only do so much.

Considering our PP usually isn't great we do score 5-on-5 plenty. But I agree with everything else you said. I feel like they let teams dictate the play too much at times and just expect Lundy to bail them out.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bingo. But I think the Sens style of play is something the Rangers are having trouble dealing with. The Sens defense are making good decisions with the puck and are moving it up to the forwards quickly. They've also been dominating the faceoff circle and that adds up to a lot of puck possession.

The Rangers need to find a way to get more puck possession or they're going to have to ride the coat tails of Lundqvist which is something he can handle but it's a lot to ask.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. But I think the Sens style of play is something the Rangers are having trouble dealing with. The Sens defense are making good decisions with the puck and are moving it up to the forwards quickly. They've also been dominating the faceoff circle and that adds up to a lot of puck possession.

The Rangers need to find a way to get more puck possession or they're going to have to ride the coat tails of Lundqvist which is something he can handle but it's a lot to ask.

Another good point

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
how cool is this:

fans have been counting down at 11:11 mark of each period then chanting "alfie" at 11:00.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering our PP usually isn't great we do score 5-on-5 plenty. But I agree with everything else you said. I feel like they let teams dictate the play too much at times and just expect Lundy to bail them out.

It works wonders for Nashville. Why not the Rangers?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well each team has 5 PP's in the game

The issue is not how many power plays are called, it's how many actual penalties are committed. Power plays can be even and 75% of the actual penalties can still be let go. If one team is considerably more... aggressive.

He has the tools. What I like most is that even with his skinny, weighing less than than Kate Winslet, ass he battles like a champ. If he can bulk up he's going to be a terror.

And what a release!!!!

Has me believing. Props to Murray on that one. Never thought that he would be THAT good.

I was against the move at first, letting Rundblad go. I thought it was the wrong way to go. Well done, lispy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contgrats Sens fans.... nice to see it tied up

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is not how many power plays are called, it's how many actual penalties are committed. Power plays can be even and 75% of the actual penalties can still be let go. If one team is considerably more... aggressive.

Has me believing. Props to Murray on that one. Never thought that he would be THAT good.

I was against the move at first, letting Rundblad go. I thought it was the wrong way to go. Well done, lispy.

Me too. I saw some flaws in Rundblad's game that had me worried but I saw some flashes of brilliance too.

I haven't watched him much since the trade but from what I've seen he still has one bad "habit" or shortcoming that needs to go away and fast.

Rundblad seems to like to make his plays while standing still or, at best, coasting. He doesn't make his moves or his decisions in full flight. I don't know if he can't or simply doesn't like to but it's bad news. In the NHL that's not gonna fool anyone more than once. He doesn't have the explosinve skating to buy him more time either.

If he changes this style of play he has amazing tools and could be a really good one.

I couldn't be happier with Turris at the moment.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that chant the Senators fans did at the 11 minute mark of the 3rd period?

Tumbleweed.gif

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that chant the Senators fans did at the 11 minute mark of the 3rd period?

Fans were roaring through much of the game in tribute to Alfredsson, who missed his second consecutive game as he recovers from a concussion sustained when elbowed by Carl Hagelin in Game 2.

Alfredsson, 39, has played 109 postseason games in his 16-season career, all with Ottawa, and scored 46 playoff goals.

His absence is poignant in the national capital, where he is a beloved figure. A foreboding realization has struck many that No. 11 may have played his last game. He is a father of four who has had two concussions this season, and all year he has been noncommittal about whether he would return next season.

In five of six regulation periods here against the Rangers, the fans have saluted Alfredsson by counting down to the 11-minute mark, and then, as play swirls on below, chanting “Alfie, Alfie, Alfie.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/sports/hockey/rangers-meet-their-match-and-the-series-is-tied.html?ref=todayspaper

and%2Bnow%2Byou%2Bknow.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'tis really cool.